Welp, I'm dead.

Monster with the most kills

• Plague Reaper

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Misadventure

Votes: 13 92.9%

• Total voters

TeamScorpioRI

Welcome to Hardcore. Its definitely a different experience. You play careful and smart, choosing your encounters wisely instead of rushing in and slaughtering all. Like Adamkatt said, I would save reapers till cap. There is not alot of reaper XP at the heroic levels, and you are better geared and prepared when you get into the legendary range.

TeamScorpioRI

I heard that Strimtom's builds have the most soulstones so far :D

P.S.: that's only a joke :p
Dz41J2xUUAAX0Wm.jpg

Mainly because a lot of people use his builds as guides... Therefore they would have the most soulstones.

Phoenicis

Savage's Husband
Kobold Shamen, Misadventure, Ancient Magma Brute, Arcane Skelton (the one in sacrifices) have the highest player kill counts from my anecdotal view.

Bloodknuckles and Hruul Eyx get an honorable mention for actually showing up this season.

Oh, and reapers. Reapers are killing people as low as level 1 & 2 this season.

TeamScorpioRI

Kobold Shamen, Misadventure, Ancient Magma Brute, Arcane Skelton (the one in sacrifices) have the highest player kill counts from my anecdotal view.

Bloodknuckles and Hruul Eyx get an honorable mention for actually showing up this season.

Oh, and reapers. Reapers are killing people as low as level 1 & 2 this season.

I've seen some low reapers kills as well. I don't understand that. Why would you run reaper at level 2?

Kobold Shaman are really turning it up a notch this season. Most likely from the new buff that makes those lightning bolts extra deadly!

Enoach

Consider one way to do this poll
Type of death
1. Trap
2. Melee (Smacked)
3. Range (Pin Coushioned)
4, Caster
5. Reaper
6. Poor Choices (covers all types of bad choices)
7. Lag Monster

Skoltr

Consider one way to do this poll
Type of death
1. Trap
2. Melee (Smacked)
3. Range (Pin Coushioned)
4, Caster
5. Reaper
6. Poor Choices (covers all types of bad choices)
7. Lag Monster
Need to add falling, I've seen a lot more of it this round than before.

TeamScorpioRI

Need to add falling, I've seen a lot more of it this round than before.
That nearly happened to me, on my first character this season, running from Korthos to the Harbor bank to deposit my sentient XP.. I was not paying attention when running up that long ramp and ran off the side. Luckily I hit something just right to break my fall and only lost a few HP. I just had to chuckle at the thought of dying to stupidity on the first character before even starting a quest.

DeathTitan

This is sarcasm right? Because your original statement was so true! Mediocre leads to mediocre!!
anyway Strimtom gives a lot to the community (for example I like his youtube videos when he shows all new items on Lamannia) and he has over 8000 followers on his youtube channel.

I personally play a build for months before posting it on forums, and I keep it updated over time.

Metal

First time running Hardcore, and a Plague Reaper killed me.

12 Level Sacred Fist
(Strimtoms HC build)
I didn't make it that far. My Wobot FvS got into it with the named Rust Monster. It was also the blue champion...I thought for a just a moment that I should bug out of the quest, and then the stupid side of me went up and wack'd him-stunned me-death...

vryxnr

You gotta take into account that a "build" only goes so far. There has to be a player behind that build controlling things. If that player is not familiar with the inner workings of a build, or is just, well, bad (could be skill, could simply be inexperience and lack of quest knowledge)), then there is only so much the build can do / it will not be able to save you all the time. And the simple truth is, many players who follow builds are doing so because they're inexperienced and can't come up with it on their own, making death while using that build much more likely than the person who created said build.

Last edited: