What is your most enjoyable content to run each life, and why?

eshadowbringer

For me its not so much the content as the mind-set. I never enjoy quests as much as I do when I finally slow down from the grind and do a flavor build. That being said, I love the older content! Tear, Gwylan's, Storm Cleave Outpost, Redwillows Ruins. They are just more D&Dish to me than most of the new stuff.

Titus Ovid

Mover and Shaker
Heroic Three Barrel Cove.
I like the wilderness and atmosphere. The music is fun. The items are great for low lvl newbies. The story and the dialogues are interesting and creative. XP is great, too. It is a nice lvl range. All in all pretty close to perfect.

Cheers,
Titus.

Equatis

Any quest I can manage to use stealth options, My 2nd main Murphi is an assassin and I prefer to sneak through quests where possible. He has been in game at least 12 years and is still first life, I like the challenge that gives me while questing, especially when I solo. I really like Spies in the House and have managed to run it solo in 17 minutes, 29 seconds with only 1 kill in reaching completion. Also TTT which I also solo completed in 17 minutes 46 seconds with only Jack Jibbers counting as a kill before completion. I have also ran Diplomatic Impunity on both heroic and epic levels and completed it with only Ilos Hrolk counting as a kill before completion although I never noted the times of completion. Using stealth to make my way through a quest no matter how long it takes me to complete just gives that commando behind enemy lines or sneaky thief vibe to my game play. Those who know me in game know I play for fun and the love of D&D more then I do for XP or personal power.

Last edited:

Zvdegor

Melee Artificer Freak
Ravenloft Saga for the atmosphere and storyline.
Third time a charm and Tower of Frost are my fav for melee builds to run.

I belive Tear of Darkhan is unanimous. I think that is the first quest where u smash things thats dont have a lot resistances. The quest is long, but can be short, many optionals and atmospheres. Idk why but i never hesitate in running each life.

Tower of Frost is very simple once u learn. But I believe it is very difficult for first-lifers to solo.

When u have full party i like to run Slaves and Desert Caravan.
But undoubtly, Lords of Dust is clear winner. I runned more than 300 times for sure, at least 2 times each life.

eshadowbringer

I really like Spies in the House and have managed to run it solo in 17 minutes, 29 seconds with only 1 kill in reaching completion.
How do you get around the 10 skeleton kills to open the first locked door and the 3 to open the first lever after the ladder?

(My above question may have seemed snarky, and I want to clarify that it was not my intention. I genuinely apologize if it came across that way. I am sincerely curious.)

Last edited:

TeamScorpioRI

Ravenloft for me. Its just so well done. That run up to Amber Temple is just breathtaking.

I am also a sucker for "The Pit".... For me its all about that HUGE spike in XP at the end.

Altra

Ravenloft for me, also.
I love the story, the atmosphere, the artwork, the music.
The only thing I don't love is chasing that one stupid rare,

popejubal

Coalescence Chamber is my favorite !

haha ..and if you believe that, then you trust Kender's to watch your castle while out adventuring:)

ya> Gaintland and 3 Barrells ...i always like demonweb too. the 1st ravenloft chain was very well done/ love it.
I really like Coal Chamber if I’m on a TR train. As long as I’ve done it recently enough to remember what I’m doing, I enjoy it.

DYWYPI

Regarding the 'Spies in the House' question from eshadowbringer, typically you'll just destroy 3 Skeletons, to open that Lever in the upper tunnels.

[...] How do you get around the 10 skeleton kills to open the first locked door and the 3 to open the first lever after the ladder? ...

That lever in 'Spies in the House', near the skeletons can be also be unlocked by conventional 'Open Lock' methods, e.g. Rogues. (Equatis, is probably "skipping" those 'Rescue' optionals, and avoiding killing anything directly.)

https://ddowiki.com/page/Spies_in_the_House said:
[...] The Lever at the far end of the corridor can actually be unlocked with: Open Lock if you choose to sneakily slip past the skeletons. ...

Therefore, you don't need to eliminate anything (other than Rowan) until you get to the Elementals. Theoretically Rowan Watzun is the only required "target". The Elementals and Rowan can be easily made to them to kill themselves with: Misadventure. 🗡

Within the 'R.O.G.U.E Part Quatre: Call for Stealthy Players!' thread, I completed 'Spies in the House' without directly killing anything; all kills were provided via Misadventure, [Post #400].

cSIwTKF.jpg

Level 8: The Assassination of Rowan Watzun from Shadow_Jumper (Hsoftl), 10 kills max, no traps, no prisoners freed. Update 1: kill only from Spellburst. Update 2: no kills from Saekee.​

I don't typically bother going for kills by "Misadventure" only. :ninja:

Last edited:

Fizban

The quests/content I like the best. Lets say my top 10 but not neccesarily in order.
  1. Tear of Dhaakan
  2. STK
  3. Gwylan's Stand
  4. The Pit
  5. Stromvauld's Mine
  6. VoN 1 - 6 (I know I cheated here)
  7. Gianthold but more specifically Crucible
  8. Ravenloft (all quest line)
  9. Mines of Tethyamar
  10. Delara's Graveyard (the whole series)

eshadowbringer

Regarding the 'Spies in the House' question from eshadowbringer, typically you'll just destroy 3 Skeletons, to open that Lever in the upper tunnels.

That lever in 'Spies in the House', near the skeletons can be also be unlocked by conventional 'Open Lock' methods, e.g. Rogues. (Equatis, is probably "skipping" those 'Rescue' optionals, and avoiding killing anything directly.)

Therefore, you don't need to eliminate anything (other than Rowan) until you get to the Elementals. Theoretically Rowan Watzun is the only required "target". The Elementals and Rowan can be easily made to them to kill themselves with: Misadventure. 🗡

Within the 'R.O.G.U.E Part Quatre: Call for Stealthy Players!' thread, I completed 'Spies in the House' without directly killing anything; all kills were provided via Misadventure, [Post #400].

cSIwTKF.jpg

Level 8: The Assassination of Rowan Watzun from Shadow_Jumper (Hsoftl), 10 kills max, no traps, no prisoners freed. Update 1: kill only from Spellburst. Update 2: no kills from Saekee.​

I don't typically bother going for kills by "Misadventure" only. :ninja:
Very good to know! Funny how you can run a quest like that hundreds of times and get so used to doing it a specific way!

That is one of the things I like about the hardcore seasons. It forces you out of you comfort zone and forces to to rely on strategy instead of past lives and gear! And it puts you in an environment where everyone is doing the same!

Clockwerks

I really enjoyed running Isle of Dread while there was nothing up on the wiki yet and I had to figure everything out myself.