What quests drop the highest ability tomes?

knightgf

I don't think I've ever gotten a tome higher than +5 in a quest (non-raid). And now they are so rare that they are practically non-existent. It is easier to win the lottery than to win a tome. Yes, some people win the lottery, but most people don't. Drop rates were nerfed very harshly many years ago.

Silver dice usually gives +1 tomes that are useless. Gold rolls tend to provide +5 or +6 tomes, but sometimes, very rarely, you get something better.

If you're looking for tomes playing content, I think your best bet would be in raids. But as othes have said before, even here the drop is low, and you end up sooner farming points and buying a supreme in the store.

I can mention that during the daily dice double xp event I rolled what I believed was a 94 and got a +3 - +4 intelligence tome upgrade, BTA. I was kinda disappointed as I was kind of hoping to get at least a +5 tome or +5 - +6 tome upgrade, but then again I was rolling for XP and everything else was a bonus.

The Narc

OK.

I will assume that everyone who gets DDO points subscribes to the Narc's monthly magazine of "How to Optimally Spend Your DDO Points" and that they don't just spend them as they wish when they wish.

However, People get DDO points for favor. People can buy AS with DDO points. People use AS to buy stuff from the AS exchange. That alone is sufficient to disprove your assertion that encouraging people to sell stuff on the AS is akin to telling them to spend cash to buy AS. monthly magazine of "How to Optimally Spend Your DDO Points". Regardless of whether you think there is anything on the AS that you would spend your points for. I fully accept that for all that subscribe to the Narc's monthly magazine of "How to Optimally Spend Your DDO Points" it is telling them to give SSG their cash. You can call that a win.
Now that is hilarious!

On a side note anyone that may want to subscribe to anything that i may promote, because i do have things i promote in this game, please feel free to pm me and we can chat in game as i dont discuss such things on the forums

Kasanje

YouTube Creator
Hello, another dreaded streamer here.

I wanted to point out, that "Free to Play" players cannot use the AS Exchange. You will need to spend money to upgrade your account to premium to unlock access. Purchasing an AS pack from the DDO Store using points will not bypass this requirement (I tried it).

astral-exchange.jpg

Fhrek

One Badge of Honor achieved
I wanted to point out, that "Free to Play" players cannot use the AS Exchange. You will need to spend money to upgrade your account to premium to unlock access.
You beat me to it.

Is cleary expressed in game that AS Exchange is for Premiuns and VIP, so real ca$h at some moment is required to unlock the feature. Free to play players has no access to it even buying AS with DDO points.

Dielzen

The drops are greater in reaper raids, but generally to do legendary raids in reaper you require a good character, including tomes. It's the whiting that bites its tail: you want to raid to get tomes, but you need tomes to raid...

The drop of tomes in raids on LH, which is usually the most played difficulty by people who are not in guilds that raid, is quite low (although higher than in quests, which is almost non-existent), and generally they are not tomes +8 (which usually drop on reaper). Therefore, generally for someone who does not have a very developed character or friends who can help with raids in certain difficulties, the most feasible thing is to farm points, getting some PLs in the process. Generally. If you have people to take you on reaper raids, great.
My main raid character, until recently, had a single +5 tome (from a 5k favor life) and the rest were 2s-3s

It is a complete fallacy to suggest that you can't raid without tomes. Put together a good gear set, have friends that help you farm it, and you're fine.

By the way, this was on a CC Bard, where DCs matter, and still did fine w/o +8s

Smelt

I'm fairly sure any chest in any quest has a chance of giving a tome. I got a +5 Int tome from Gwylans and I've had a +3 something from Water works.
And gold rolls do give +8 tomes.... after the rescent daily gold rolls I got 2 +8 Int tome one roll after the other.