Why does my music keep resetting?

FireEater

For a while now, my music keeps resetting, whether it is in a quest or in a public area. Normally, I just ignore it since I usually have music on. Basically, it just stops suddenly. And then the song begins from the start.

I should add, it also cuts off dialogue.

But for flower sniffing new quests I've rediscovered this issue.
It happens every minute or two.

Anyone else have this?

Last edited:

FireEater

It just resets kind of randomly and even stops dialogue. I have not re-installed the game in...so many years, maybe 9-is years? It is something I'm thinking of doing.
Testing on my laptop, possible, good idea too thanks chat (discord), will try that this weekend. In order to test if it is machine or soft.

Dragavon

There is definately something wonky with the in game music.

Random stops and wrong music for the area happens all the time.

Sturmbb

This started happening to me about a year ago. It was absolutely driving me insane. After Multitude of searches on the internet, I managed to find something that worked for me. (it still happens every now and again, so ii actually have the instructions saved on my desktop (the second tiime it happened i couldn't remember what i had done lol). This is what i have saved on my computer for this problem

if music is reseting in DDO., check to see if the device manager is refreshing.
if it is than use a system restore point (usually restore from the previous day
(if you know it was working okay that day)

(search for Create system restore point)

So hopefully you have a system restore point. For some reason something happens in the game that makes your device manager start refreshing every 5 seconds to a 90 seconds. Not sure what it is. thankfully i had a save point that was before the bug started. so was able to restore before this point.

Hopefully this will help you, please let me know if it worked.

cdbd3rd

I get it a lot, too. Also just get a quick blip of music on the character select screen. However, that little blip tells me that at least I'll have sound in game. Glitchy music I can live with. Silent game, not so much.

Buddha5440

No idea about the music (as I turned that off years ago), but II have noticed some audio repeating/skipping a time or two (sentient comments, etc.) since the update on the 27th.

vryxnr

I prefer to play with game sounds and music on (usually turned down a lot, but still there). I've been noticing this as well. Randomly for years, but more often recently as well.

(I'm on 32 bit if it matters)

Xaerxiessia

Lost in Translation
So it seems... a lot of people have been experiencing this phenomena.
Are the devs aware?
yes , they tried some opensource libs but reversed back.
I prefer to play with game sounds and music on (usually turned down a lot, but still there). I've been noticing this as well. Randomly for years, but more often recently as well.

(I'm on 32 bit if it matters)
weird , it happened most of the time with 64bits for a lot of players , coupled with lag problems.
you may have a look your sound device settings and check if you allow exclusive control in the advanced panel. (see my links above)