Youtube video: Hasbro in talks to sell DnD to Tencent

Valerianus

Former Captain Of The Rotten Shark
You believe many things. By the way, are you interested in a bridge with magnificent views?

i have a question please, to all of you people, totally unrelated, i am curious, please teach me something, is there a story behind this bridge thing? i guess it refers to the London Bridge, or the Brooklyn Bridge, or probably both, or even more bridges. i'm asking because i stumbled into this saying multiple times while reading stuff written in english or from english-speaking people.

moreover, probably around the world there will be different ways to express the same concept\joke. please, share them for the fun!

i'm sharing what we use here in Italy, it's not about a bridge, it is about "selling a fountain", it was a comedy sketch from a 1962 movie that gave birth to this saying, by the italian comedy legend Totò. the nonsense of selling the Fountain of Trevi in Rome, backed by a friend, it stayed as a way to say, well, what you mean as that bridge thing.

(background info, the Trevi fountain is said to grant a wish if you toss a coin in, like many other "well of wishes" fables all around the world, pretty common. and, before you ask, yes, they pull out a lot of money out of it and it goes to charity, and that reference to movies, omg, how wonderful was Anita Ekberg entering the Trevi fountain in "La Dolce Vita", omg, adding beauty to beauty)

video link, i'm positive no english dub exist, also, well, why should it exist. but i found it with subs.

please share your way of saying "selling a bridge"....or "selling a fountain"....or whatever you say where you are from! :)

Drunken.dx

Haven't been paying attention to dev news for a long time. Plus, I've been playing DDO n a few others, period, and none of them are produced by tencent.. haha ten cent(s).. :p
Fun fact: tencent owns Path of exile, and many others

dur

aka Cybersquirt
only poe I know is (produced?) by ineXile. Pillars of Eternity. See? Don't know that other POE.. there's Edgar Allen, but..

Last edited:

Drunken.dx

only poe I know is (produced?) by ineXile. Pillars of Eternity. See? Don't know that other POE.. there's Edgar Allen, but..
You really live under a rock...

Path of exile.

Biggest contender to blizzards diablo

Lazuli

Jeez, the world does not revolve around video games. There's a whole world out there.
Tencent doesn't just have video games. It is a great technology company, one of the largest in the world. Internet, AI, communication (social networks, website portals, e-commerce, instant messaging), e-books, music streaming services, etc Tencent even is in the electric cars industry.

Oliphant

I know. Tencent is like Umbrella Corp. I'm referring to living under a rock vis a vis Paths of Exile knowledge.

Drunken.dx

I know. Tencent is like Umbrella Corp. I'm referring to living under a rock vis a vis Paths of Exile knowledge.
I mean, you DO live under a rock if you don't know about PoE... (but know about pillars of eternity)

it's like not hearing about doom games.

dur

aka Cybersquirt
You really live under a rock...

Path of exile.

Biggest contender to blizzards diablo
You really aren't a nice person. To echo: A lot more to LIFE than gaming.

I mean, you DO live under a rock if you don't know about PoE... (but know about pillars of eternity)

it's like not hearing about doom games.
What's it like living in DM's dark crevices? Doom was ages before this poe you speak of. Quit being a jerk, hmm?

dur

aka Cybersquirt
Really? What's it like? 💩

You skipped 3+ decades in your comparison... (Doom v poe) I merely jumped.. 2?

Last edited:

Drunken.dx

Really? What's it like? 💩

You skipped 3+ decades in your comparison... (Doom v poe) I merely jumped.. 2?
what's your problem?

you showed no knowledge about common facts and I called it out, but you had to respond with insults, if you didn't like my callout, report me to Cordovan, he'll ban me and you'll be happy, no need to go with insults