New profile posts

Random things:

DId you know you could disease reapers? I didn't. I found that cackle fever was a nice reaper CC on the DA lives.

There are enemies that will recast death ward instantly even while stunned/paralyzed/etc. Very annoying that you dispel it while they are CCed, and it immediately comes back up.
Well finally done with the Dragonlord past lives, and have switched into a Dark Apostate on my main. I would have loved to stay Dragonlord to be honest, but I expect it will get nerfed into the ground soon. It is just too good as is.

Anyway Dark Apostate has been both fun and frustrating.

Good:
* Well this is mostly about Death domain, not Dark Apostate per say. Huge Necro dc boosts, great SLAs. Immunity to energy drain is redundant with Dark Apostate undead form, but if you don't run that it's good.
* The 200% scaling Harm spell in the T5 is a lot of fun, especially for self healing. 5% spellcrit for a few classes of spells is nice in the T5 too (plus more necro boosts)
* Overall damage is pretty good for leveling assuming you can hurt them (see ugly below)
* Good synergy with the Divine Disciple tree (probably better than the Dark Apostate tree overall, but you really want some of the DA T5s)
* Does surprisingly well fighting most undead with a bit of light power, plus autodestroy on turn undead (if you take it)

Bad:
* Several of your abilities are not consistent and/or bugged. The evil damage from Bane/Prayer/etc does not trigger some abilities like extra spellpower when casting alignment spells, but if you crit with them, it will trigger spellpoints on crits with alignment spells.
* Your evil damage doesn't work on a large number of champions and other enemies. Based on my testing, every enemy in this list is "immune" (you don't actually get an immune message). https://ddowiki.com/page/Mind_Block
* Enemies that cast mass death ward instantly when you walk in a room suck for a long time. I feel like Magus of the Eclipse mantle is absolutely required for this build since it has the only functional dispel magic in the game.

Ugly:
* Oh boy do I hate Iron Golems (and other constructs) on this build. With the inability to curse them, you can't get your decent evil damage on them. You can't use necro power on them. You can't use fire on them. I ended up having to skip Epic Von4 this life because I couldn't deal with the iron golems. With the lack of groups on top of that, this is nearly a game breaker for playing this build. There are entirely too many things immune to negative and clerics don't really get spells that can deal with them effectively. It got so bad I was almost tempted to take Macrotechnic and get the rust damage upgrade on it's strike. *sigh*
* Another big issue is liches and things like the Wizking that are immune to 6th level and under spells. Clerics have so few spells that actually do anything past level 6 that you are on a huge cooldown while waiting to try to nuke these guys again. While not quite as bad as iron golems (since you can at least use fire) it does add a very aggrevatingly long time to boss kills.

Now I am only level 28 so far. I have't tried to run my Reapers yet at cap. I suspect I am going to have a very horrible time in Sharn, and Ravenloft at minimum due to the Iron Golems.

Overall while I want to try to make this work as my main, I gotta give it a 6 out of 10 just due to the bugs, and inability to really do any dungeon with constructs well.

One suggestion I would have for SSG is allow bestow curse to land on constructs, etc once you have the 4th core in Dark Apostate. This would let us do our evil damage and at least give us a small tool to help bring them down. Honestly I think the curse should do an immunity bypass to allow 50% of the necrotic damage to land (not 100% bypass). That would allow the DA to at least use their higher level spells to damage stuff.
In case of zombies...

291654_178987528840941_6548848_o.jpg
RNG no loot boost weekend no pots 2 Reaper armors back to back 10 frags down 5 to go for MD
Updates!

It's been a while but I tend to mainly read/post when there is an HC season running and HC9 is long dead! But we hit our group goals so that was grand and now we wait for a year or so until the next one. I don't really mind the wait but I hope season 10 is something scary deadly. Ah well, we shall see!

Now my static group is back on the home world and playing our main characters. We are in the upper teens and slowly pushing towards our 3rd heroic reincarnations. No deaths although a few close calls so far. We do miss having a trapper. Getting to the 3rd life will be nice since then my friends (who are not VIP) will be able to open on elite. Really, that is the main reason I keep my VIP is to be able to open for everyone. I am not sure I will keep it once no one needs that any more. I guess I will look over the new VIP rewards list too see what I think.

Anyway, my main game goal is to upgrade my pale lavender ion stone! I pulled one on a HC season (from a Harbor quest!) and I think I have all the correct bits and bobs to upgrade it, so we just have to remember to do the right quests in the inspirational section of the harbor I think. That will be a great trinket for my main character!

That is it for now! Hope everyone is happy and having fun!!
Averaging 2-3 days on each TR live. Used to be able to do 1 day per TR but I don't have that luxury anymore. Just playing casually these day. Not much raiding. Always R1 on questing.
I have been playing DDO since 2009 . started playing tabletop in maybe 2014 . been DMing since 2020