Petition to have these unneccessary Changes reverted here.

Geezer

Well, on the toons I play now, most of the changes really dont apply to them. But seriously, Dragon Breath is SUPPOSED to be strong, not simply halitosis. What bothers me is that the devs seem to be "balancing" the game per the whims of the OP players and not the general playing base. Unless you're blind, anyone can see the interest in this game going downhill. So many red flags. Just look at DDO Wikki. Seems like so much unfinshed info there now. People must have given up on helping out to update it. Not a good sign, along with dwindling log-ins.

Onyxia2016

I don't really do the cap level raids so the changes to the ED trees have a lesser affect on me currently.
Doing the past lives grind at the moment and foreseeable future.

What bothers me is the sheer number of issues U66 and 66.01 caused in the other aspects of the game.
Played some last night and I had to exit the game after every quest depending on number of load screens as mouse movements slowed to the point of being unusable. There were even times I had to result to turning with the keyboard.

This type of thing happens when you make a mountain of changes as well as introducing new things in the code. Should have added the Dragon Lord and stopped there as that was the focus of this Year of the Dragon patch.

Talk about being fiscally irresponsible, I bet is you look at the sales numbers for points and Otto's boxes they are bad compared to other times.
Then there is the long term affects. I am sure there are those that finally said enough and moved on. I started down that road and though hell I can play, well not currently because, well patch issues. I don't have to spend money, got shards and points so I can be content to simple be a drain on resources without putting anything back into the game.

This is coming from someone who has never not been a VIP (all 3 accounts). I always felt I should at least help support the game. Subscribing and buying expansion, points, shards, etc. was a way to do that. Review my old forum post and you will see I had always advocated this even when others clearly pointed out VIP was not worth it. Those days are gone. Maybe I am a long if this new found realize and if so you will not notice a loss of revenue I generated but I feel there are others thinking the same way and depending on that number you just might see it reflected in the monthly revenue stats.

To SSG, I can only say I hope this patch was worth it for you.

Ahpuch

I've created an 8 minute video that proves NO particular fps issues and shows the way tumble now works. Imgur has severe restrictions so I'll need to create a youtube channel just to upload it. Maybe later
No, you created an 8 minute video that either shows you did not do what it takes to get the problem or that the problem is dependent on some factor that does not apply to you (ie gpu, ram, character, party composition,…)

You cannot disprove in your game play what others are seeing in theirs.

Last edited:

Phoenicis

Savage's Husband
I've created an 8 minute video that proves NO particular fps issues and shows the way tumble now works. Imgur has severe restrictions so I'll need to create a youtube channel just to upload it. Maybe later
I spent much of Yesterday running the anniversary event to collect party favors. (We want to get a few items that are going to take roughly 400 favors all told).

I, personally, have to restart my client after the fourth run or the framerate gets unplayable.

There are eight area transitions in the anniversary challenge, and after each one I see a slight framerate drop.

I am pleased for you that you do not see the framerate issue, but many do, so please don't minimize our experience.

As for Tumble, I know how it works, having to wait 1 second to do a second tumble blows chunks. Don't get me started on the punitive recharge rate,

Ahpuch

I don't really do the cap level raids so the changes to the ED trees have a lesser affect on me currently.
Doing the past lives grind at the moment and foreseeable future.

What bothers me is the sheer number of issues U66 and 66.01 caused in the other aspects of the game.
Played some last night and I had to exit the game after every quest depending on number of load screens as mouse movements slowed to the point of being unusable. There were even times I had to result to turning with the keyboard.

This type of thing happens when you make a mountain of changes as well as introducing new things in the code. Should have added the Dragon Lord and stopped there as that was the focus of this Year of the Dragon patch.

Talk about being fiscally irresponsible, I bet is you look at the sales numbers for points and Otto's boxes they are bad compared to other times.
Then there is the long term affects. I am sure there are those that finally said enough and moved on. I started down that road and though hell I can play, well not currently because, well patch issues. I don't have to spend money, got shards and points so I can be content to simple be a drain on resources without putting anything back into the game.

This is coming from someone who has never not been a VIP (all 3 accounts). I always felt I should at least help support the game. Subscribing and buying expansion, points, shards, etc. was a way to do that. Review my old forum post and you will see I had always advocated this even when others clearly pointed out VIP was not worth it. Those days are gone. Maybe I am a long if this new found realize and if so you will not notice a loss of revenue I generated but I feel there are others thinking the same way and depending on that number you just might see it reflected in the monthly revenue stats.

To SSG, I can only say I hope this patch was worth it for you.
The sad thing is that SSG has been given feedback and advice on the issue of shoddy releases for the last few years and they would prefer to keep making the same mistakes. Over. and Over. and Over. 🤦

PraetorPlato

To be fair, this seems to have been entirely due to u66.0.1, not u66, so it’s not the result of making a bunch of ED changes but instead (very likely) the result of the curse fix or the menu crash

Last edited:

Douglas Glyndwr

Bard Life
I spent much of Yesterday running the anniversary event to collect party favors. (We want to get a few items that are going to take roughly 400 favors all told).

I, personally, have to restart my client after the fourth run or the framerate gets unplayable.

There are eight area transitions in the anniversary challenge, and after each one I see a slight framerate drop.

I am pleased for you that you do not see the framerate issue, but many do, so please don't minimize our experience.

As for Tumble, I know how it works, having to wait 1 second to do a second tumble blows chunks. Don't get me started on the punitive recharge rate,
The anniversary event? In the Phairlain Chapterhouse? That's had light tracing issues since the new roof put in five years ago and slows down everything? Probably not related then to last update.

Phoenicis

Savage's Husband
The anniversary event? In the Phairlain Chapterhouse? That's had light tracing issues since the new roof put in five years ago and slows down everything? Probably not related then to last update.
And yet, after each run, In the House P public space my framerate slowly dropped from 150-180 to less than 50 FPS across four runs or so.

I am well aware of the framerate drop in the central room and was ignoring that. The side rooms with the devs and the final area with the dark overlord however do not suffer the same framerate drop as the central room does.

In another thread I mentioned a LONG period of online activity where my framerate slowly dropped from300 or so to less than 90 with no area transitions. The framerate IS dropping for People, possibly the majority judging by the posts on the forums.

If you aren't seeing this effect, please post your setup so those of us affected can try to match your settings and avoid the FPS drop that is detrimentally affecting our playtime.

TedSandyman

I think the issue is that the 10% are the people wailing on the forums and the 90% are the people just out there playing the game and having fun. So SSG made a few minor changes. Those happen all the time. I would think people would be used to it by now. If they nerfed this game as much as people complain about nerfing we would all be standing naked in korthos with both hands and one leg tied behind our back. The truth is it is BOOST, BOOST, BOOST, BOOST, BOOST, BOOST, BOOST, BOOST, NERF. All the overpowered garbage they give you and then one little nerf and you would think they had cut peoples junk off from the wailing and nashing of teeth. Just make the best of it and move on to the new meta. And you gotta admit, the tumbling everywhere just looked stupid. I can imagine new players looking at ddo and seeing everyone rolling around on the ground and thinking "What a stupid game". And as for the frame rate, yeah, i have to relog every few hours. No big deal. I can easily do that and still enjoy the game while they look for a fix. Again, not the end of the world. Just calm down everyone, please.

Mickeymouse

this must have been one the worst update in DDO history. Most of it could have been avoided.
- FPS drop that made it go from annoying to unplayable. (okay they trying to sort this out.
- you guys having fun tumbling? well hold my beer! I´ll fix that!
- Bows are making big dmg spikes. *spits coffee*
- you got 2 curses? alot of you? and we had this going for how many weeks?.. oh hold my beer, time to re-farm your gear!
- casters doing great in r4? well let me do this.. and ummm do that.. and..

DBZ

LGS had a roll back still waiting

It also had a massive player exodus the game never recovered from

Wizard

The truth is it is BOOST, BOOST, BOOST, BOOST, BOOST, BOOST, BOOST, BOOST, NERF.
Not just a nerf for some things but an (almost) removal in some cases:

Carrion swarm might as well not exist anymore, for anyone that doesn't have endgame conjuration DCs. Does no damage because enemies almost always save for 0 damage. Was never OP in the first place.

Exalted mantle unusable now except for healers. Old ascendance completely removed and new epic moment is kinda pointless... divines aren't exactly hurting for AOE healing and the old moment helped surviability which is the biggest issue in higher difficulties.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
Exalted mantle unusable now except for healers.
The new EA tree stuff and mantle/barrier is usable on non-healers. -5 MRR/PRR debuffs from the mantle and another -5 MRR/PRR from Shadows Upon You is really solid in a group. Fiend warlock, fire druids, fire sorcs, divine nukers, various healers, etc. may all find the tree handy.

Wizard

Yeah I meant unusable for healing for with no really good replacement for classes with not much SP, spell power or native heals. Renewal is not a good replacement IMO.