Hey Tonquin!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zvdegor

Melee Artificer Freak
The puzzle is grand theft aureon is bugged. A wonderful discovery in the pack I literally just bought and tried for the first time. Someone mentioned that this bug was posted here already, but I didn't see it and wanted to make sure you know. :)

Please fix this one so that we can ... complete the quest. :)
New puzz solution is 3-5-6.

They dont need to fix it just change the code behind the secret door :)

The Blonde

Catalogues Bugs
Now it makes me curious if various alch damage vials (and cure admixtures) trigger primal's mantles (as they're also element specific triggered); always spent time in draconic that just works on any cast.
Tested: All alchemist vials (including healing ones) proc their respective PA mantle as intended. So it's just the EA mantle that's bugged for alchemists, specifically the positive portion.

The Blonde

Catalogues Bugs
Improved Deception +xx still does not work correctly. I thought this was fixed under a prior patch when you fixed vinelash bracers?
Tested with newly created epic/legendary golden guile, both give +5 enhancement bonus to bluff, not +17 or +20 as stated. In image below I have both Devilscale bracers (Improved Deception), and Legendary Golden Guild (Improved Deception +20). I am still only getting a +5 enhancement bonus to bluff.

I think I see the issue. It looks like Improved Deception is giving another +20 source of Bluff via the Improved Deception +20. But it is also a Competence Bonus, so it's basically not adding anything to the Golden Guile, but any other item without Bluff 20 on it already will benefit from the +20 to Bluff from Improved Deception +20.

:: edit minor corrections ::

However, that's what's happening. I am unsure if that's how it's intended to be working; +20 Competence to Bluff from Improved Deception +20 and also a +5 Enhancement Bonus from it as well. Or if it's all supposed to be +20 Enhancement bonus to Bluff.

Need Dev answers for that.

J1NG

The tooltip for the Improved Deception +20 states it gives a +20 enhancement bonus to bluff, so you should be getting both the +20 competence and a +20 enhancement bonus, however it doesn't seem to apply (or if it does it is also typed as a competence bonus). So either tooltip is wrong or the bonus is.
Improved Deception +X currently has 2 bugs:
1) It is providing +X Competence bonus to Bluff (should be Enhancement Bonus)
2) It is still providing the old +5 Enhancement bonus to Bluff regardless of the effect's tier (this bonus shouldn't exist anymore)

As such, if you have an item with +10 Bluff equipped, and then equip an item with Improved Deception +20, your Bluff ends up increasing by (20-10)+5=15, whereas according to the effect's description it should simply increase by +20.

Recently updated items, such as the Vinelash Bracers, are still affected by both of these bugs, which means that all items with Improved Deception +X are affected by them.

Last edited:

The Blonde

Catalogues Bugs
Is the Improved Deception function working in terms of making enemies vulnerable to sneak attack? My gut says no. I see a massive difference with assassin’s trick vs just using Devilscale Bracers (note I have 100% fort bypass too). Not sure how to test this because lots of things in the combat log are called sneak damage that do not seem to be sneak damage.
According to my testing the effect does indeed make enemies vulnerable to sneak attack as intended, and it lasts about 3s. It does not show up as a debuff on enemies (nor is there a visual effect).

glass_jaws

The puzzle is grand theft aureon is bugged. A wonderful discovery in the pack I literally just bought and tried for the first time. Someone mentioned that this bug was posted here already, but I didn't see it and wanted to make sure you know. :)

Please fix this one so that we can ... complete the quest. :)
I know this isn't necessarily the best help but you can still complete it. You need to leave light #2 on IIRC. I completed it a couple days ago that way. I mostly did the note solution and towards the end stepped on other lights so that the other would remain lit.

Mornyngstar

Not sure if this is a bug or not but on my Iconic Tiefling Bard I tried putting on Renard's Elegant Hat and nothing was displayed. I could switch back to the hat you get for lv 15 iconic and also have the cosmetic on and off. I tried toggling thru display/ not display helm and nothing.

As a separate note I am glad to report that after a few months I finally found and killed Baba in Heroic Wheloon (31st time checking in a row). Not sure if this was your fix or not but still very glad, I got it done. (also, the Rares in Heroic Stormhorns) Thank you.

PurpleSerpent

Monster Hunter of Moderate Renown
As a separate note I am glad to report that after a few months I finally found and killed Baba in Heroic Wheloon (31st time checking in a row). Not sure if this was your fix or not but still very glad, I got it done. (also, the Rares in Heroic Stormhorns) Thank you.
Baba was spawning, but very rarely - I got her for the first time after U66 as well, so I wouldn't be surprised if they raised the spawn rate.

The Storm Horns rares, on the other hand, were definitely broken before U66 - here's Flimsy Firewood announcing an incoming fix back in December.

PurpleSerpent

Dragonlord "Flight of Kings" puts dire charge on cool down. Don't know if this is intended.
The various different "dash forwards" movement abilities all share a single cooldown, and Dire Charge also includes a dash portion, so I wouldn't be surprised if it's on that cooldown too. Can anyone with Dire Charge test out another dash ability to verify this?

Neilfladech

The various different "dash forwards" movement abilities all share a single cooldown, and Dire Charge also includes a dash portion, so I wouldn't be surprised if it's on that cooldown too. Can anyone with Dire Charge test out another dash ability to verify this?
Well that really seems like bad design for a class archetype built around tactic DCs. Oh well, thanks for the info.

PurpleSerpent

Well that really seems like bad design for a class archetype built around tactic DCs. Oh well, thanks for the info.
Eh. Just don't take Flight of Kings if you want to use Dire Charge. You won't lose anything, there's no passive bonus attached to that enhancement.

dur

aka Cybersquirt
HEY TONquin... can we get another L@@k at Tumble, PLE@$3? :cry:

I know you don't decide this and I applaud you for being here; but..

Last edited:

Shao Kahn

Tonquin "Pin" from Shiradi Epic Destiny is currently not working on repeating and non-repeating crossbows. It only puts the ability on timer.

Dvinesword

solid logic. just seems like a bit of text "shares cool down with" would make it intuitive.
Well as a tank. I can see the very occasional need for the single target. I just wish that it still worked. I and many of the other tanks in my raid groups have noticed that mobs are often just ignoring throw the boom. I have video showing the unicorns in Dryad being hit by throw the boom and their aggro just staying on Hawthorne. There have been many other clear instances of bosses and even normal mobs just ignoring throw the boom and going around their business. I don't know if the hate reset is not working or if we are just experiencing the skill dry firing as many ranged attacks have done in the past. But with the 20 second cooldown if the the first time doesn't work it is quite a wait to try again. This is especially problematic with mobs that cannot be intimidated normally like constructs.

The Blonde

Catalogues Bugs
Well as a tank. I can see the very occasional need for the single target. I just wish that it still worked. I and many of the other tanks in my raid groups have noticed that mobs are often just ignoring throw the boom. I have video showing the unicorns in Dryad being hit by throw the boom and their aggro just staying on Hawthorne. There have been many other clear instances of bosses and even normal mobs just ignoring throw the boom and going around their business. I don't know if the hate reset is not working or if we are just experiencing the skill dry firing as many ranged attacks have done in the past. But with the 20 second cooldown if the the first time doesn't work it is quite a wait to try again. This is especially problematic with mobs that cannot be intimidated normally like constructs.
I have collected these over the past month regarding Throw the Boom (some of these are your own comments I think):

Throw the Boom/Knight's Challenge bugs (unconfirmed, and unsure if some of these are the exact same bug):
1) Throw the Boom seems to have some issues when used at long range. It's as if it "dry fires". Best way to describe it is as if it has a longer "animation range" than its "actual range" is. Knight's Challenge seems to work just fine at long range, but Throw the Boom does not land when used at maximum/near maximum range.
2) Throw the Boom sometimes doesn't do anything. Turns out that if you press any movement button in between activating the ability and the effect landing, then the ability just goes on cooldown without triggering the effect.
3) Throw the Boom (unsure about Knight's Challenge): Activating any other ability before the shield has made contact with the target causes it to fizzle.
4) (From Lamannia, unsure if fixed) You can´t use Knight's Challenge/Throw the Boom while having a throwing weapon equipped. Despite the attempt, the ability goes on cooldown without activation.

Zvdegor

Melee Artificer Freak
party leader star stucks on me whe everyone else has left/logged off

Screen-Shot-2024-03-18-202143-0.jpg

Dielzen

Why is it that dissoving gear when you have the dissolvers in your crafting storage gives you ZERO platinum? It's a pain to remember to pull them out all the time if I want my platinum....and on HC platinum is a valuable thing.

(and yes I'm aware that you don't always get platinum....mostly accessories)

Zuldar

The four piece Eminence of Spring set out of Feywild is only providing a 1% bonus to dodge cap rather than the listed 3%.

Status
Not open for further replies.