What is the plan for players with more than 156 reaper points?

erethizon1

No frags in elite
Oh, I agree. The only reason to play elite (other than being too high in level to get in on reaper) is because you cannot handle the extra difficulty of R1. Reaper is more rewarding in every way. More regular exp, more RXP, and better drop rate with better bonuses on those drops. There is a reason R1 is the default for most people not looking for a more significant challenge. If casual were as rewarding as R10, it would be the default play mode. Most people play for rewards per second, not challenge.

DBZ

LH is still the faster zerg same with raids like lh shrouds or r1 ee just a waste of time

rabidfox

The People's Champion
And really, almost everyone that says R1 is easier simply doesn't play elite anymore. I don't play elite often either, but when I do, I am floored by how easy it is. I think R1 is the baseline, but elite is surprisingly easier, even for someone with 131 reaper points like me. This nonesense people spout about R1 being easier once you reach 10 reaper points is really just designed to mislead and disparage the reaper system because they don't like it, not because the developers did a bad job of making repear harder than elite.
That's my view too; it's always silly easier to do when I do pop into an elite. R1 is easy already for me so it's not like it matters, but elite is still easier and safer.

Smokewolf

Dear Devs,

I'm aware there was a proposal to introduce a group buff for players with more than 156 reaper points. Has this idea been set aside?

Do you have plans for additional ways to utilize reaper points beyond 156? Perhaps a new skill tree with minor buffs? Or cosmetic rewards at milestones like 156, 200, 250, and 300 reaper points? (To note, 300 reaper points equate to 90 million reaper xp, representing years of gameplay and significant dedication to DDO.)

Could you share any plans for players who have amassed over 156 reaper points?

Additionally, we'd appreciate knowing if you intend to include such plans in your upcoming agenda.

Thank you.
Bigger hamster-wheel, with less end game power.

EdFactor

I wish they would redo the reaper trees.
Changes I would suggest are:
Remove all the level restrictions in the reaper trees and allow you to spend a number of reaper points equal to 6 * character level.
Make all the stats in reaper trees multi selectors so if your using wisdom, charisma or intelligence for to hit and damage you can take them in the physical damage tree.
There should be another reaper tree that will upgrade your summons and hirelings.

Redoubt

Short:
Please add assassinate to the tactics line in Adversary.

Medium
Adversary:
Cores: select MP or RP
1st column is selector: MP or RP
2nd column is selector: Trip, Stun, sunder, assassinate, diplo, bluff, intim
4th column is selector: INT, CHA, WIS, DEX, STR (Exclusive with Thaumaturge)
5th column is selector: Double strike, Strike through, speed, bash, double shot, range speed

Thaumaturge:
1st column is selector: Spell power or CC duration increase
2nd column is selector: Spell crit chance or DC increase
4th column is selector: INT, CHA, WIS, DEX, STR (Exclusive with Dire)
5th column is selector: Spell crit damage or spell penetration

Grim:
Add 3 boxes in the 3rd column as a selector for +threat, -threat

Long: Splits Adversary into Melee and ranged trees. Splits Thaumaturge into DPS and DC trees. Effects are exclusive between trees.

Adversary MP:
Cores: MP and hit and damage with melee (and unarmed) weapons only
1st column: MP
2nd column is selector: trip, stun, sunder, assassinate, diplo, bluff, intim (exclusive with RP)
4th column is selector: INT, CHA, WIS, DEX, STR (exclusive with all other trees)
5th column is selector: Double strike, Strike through, speed, bash

Adversary RP:
Cores: RP and hit and damage with ranged weapons only
1st column: RP
2nd column is selector: trip, stun, sunder, assassinate, diplo, bluff, intim (exclusive with MP)
4th column is selector: INT, CHA, WIS, DEX, STR (exclusive with all other trees)
5th column is selector: Double shot, ranged speed

Thaumaturge DC:
Cores: cast speed instead of spell power
1st column is selector: CC duration increase or cooldown decrease
2nd column is selector: DC increase
5th column is selector: spell penetration

Thaumaturge DPS:
Cores: no change
1st column is selector: Spell power
2nd column is selector: Spell crit chance
5th column is selector: Spell crit damage

Grim:
Add 3 boxes in the 3rd column as a selector for +threat, -threat

Almghandi

No noticeable difference for you, and saying the harder one is easier, is not the same thing. To a god, killing a baby and the world's greatest fighter is probably equally easy. Saying that the fighter was easier than the baby would just be silly. To that god, they were equally easy, but not because the baby was actually equal in ability. R1 is always, 100% of the time, a greater threat than elite. Even to people with 156 reaper points. You do get to a point where you are powerful enough not to notice (like the god in question), but that doesn't make R1 easier.

And really, almost everyone that says R1 is easier simply doesn't play elite anymore. I don't play elite often either, but when I do, I am floored by how easy it is. I think R1 is the baseline, but elite is surprisingly easier, even for someone with 131 reaper points like me. This nonesense people spout about R1 being easier once you reach 10 reaper points is really just designed to mislead and disparage the reaper system because they don't like it, not because the developers did a bad job of making repear harder than elite.
r1 is easier than elite because of the sp drops....
on elite i run out of spell points

Lazuli

That's my view too; it's always silly easier to do when I do pop into an elite. R1 is easy already for me so it's not like it matters, but elite is still easier and safer.
I've said this so many times... but still people keep repeating that r1 is easier. No, it is not. The thing is that if r1 is a cakewalk for you, elite will be too, with more reasons.

Lazuli

r1 is easier than elite because of the sp drops....
on elite i run out of spell points
I've never run out of spell points on elite. You have to manage them really badly to run out of spell points on elite. Also, the drops of lost soul in r1 are irregular and since on elite the mobs die faster, you should not spend hardly any mana.

Zavina

Ms Stabby Stabby
the plan for characters with so many reaper points?

Chelsea Pensioners.
Your analogy is slightly incorrect.

I've seen first lifers with reaper wings.

A lot of people used a ton of SOV 1 pots with Amber Temple at R10 to farm that into oblivion for max RXP payout. The Chelsea Pensioners would be uber completionists lol.

(On a side note, my great-great-grandfather was a Chelsea Pensioner)

Konsumer

Give them a medal that says "You won DDO!"

Let them eat cake?

428657241-10161399436852290.jpg

florela41

I have little faith in SSG’s ability to do a major reaper revamp without alienating a huge percentage of the player base, or creating a lot more extra lag.
Late chime in . Bad idea to share the power with the group. The members will know who’s bringing more power and who’s not and it still keeps certain people out!

Col Kurtz

considering how dev's break as much as they fix.. leave it alone

I do appreciate their efforts usually still..but, if it ain't broke> DONT FIX it

besides.. many players that are topped have clearly said cosmetics would satisfy their maxed out reaper lust

I'm 1/2 way to my 37th point...it would really p off players having fun & doing it casually to break the reaper trees right now

Sevenover

Devs, you just gave complex cosmetics for VIP fidelity program.
Please give new colored reaper wings for each RP milestone (156, 200, 250, 300).
It will take one hour to implement.

Fanaval

Something should be put in place for 156-300+ reaper points. DDO messed up by NOT putting a cap on RxP (IMO).
Cosmetics would be great, but I would also suggest:
2HP, 2SP per point Above 156 (only added at level 32+)
1RP/ 1MP/ USP at intervals of 10........so 160, 170, 180 etc (also, only added at level 32+)

Not a game breaking benefit..........but at least something!
I agree. But cosmetics at milestones 156 / 200 /250 /300 would be sufficient. No power creep but at least something. Maybe new wings colors.

TavernBrawler

8 pages of back and forth between players while Tonquin goes and creates a mess somewhere/nerfs Tumble. They can put a hard-cap in 2 mins but they have lot of work to mess up things. Stop beating this dead horse.