What is the plan for players with more than 156 reaper points?

Fanaval

Dear Devs,

I'm aware there was a proposal to introduce a group buff for players with more than 156 reaper points. Has this idea been set aside?

Do you have plans for additional ways to utilize reaper points beyond 156? Perhaps a new skill tree with minor buffs? Or cosmetic rewards at milestones like 156, 200, 250, and 300 reaper points? (To note, 300 reaper points equate to 90 million reaper xp, representing years of gameplay and significant dedication to DDO.)

Could you share any plans for players who have amassed over 156 reaper points?

Additionally, we'd appreciate knowing if you intend to include such plans in your upcoming agenda.

Thank you.

Contessor

I dont recall ever seeing a proposal, but more of a mention that in-quest reaper benefits were being looked at. One dev suggested that they had no intention of adding any additional quest benefits and even suggested that the entire party would benefit from the highest buffs from whoever in the party had the highest rank.

I would personally be in favor of cosmetics, but I dont think we need anymore power gains doing reaper as it does make content more trivial the further you do and detracts from any added difficulty. Maybe even excess points could be converted to DDO points if cosmetics are not a consideration. Personally, I would love to see the trees go away. I love reaper difficulty, but reaper trees are the worst part about reaper.

And to suggest that having 300 reaper points is representing years of dedication and play is a bit out of scope. I know tons of players who dont like reaper and have been playing DDO for more than a decade. If your intention is to reward dedicated players, reaper points should not be the measuring stick. Reaper rewards should have been and should be only a measure of achievement, like hardcore. The reward should not be making it easier, but a cool cosmetic representing the achievements has merits.

Ying

5000+ hours played
If there's a plan, it hasn't been shared with the players. I wouldn't hold my breath for one either.

Lazuli

IMO There is no better way to force creating an alt than limiting end-game progress.
A bad way to encourage them, because a well-designed game would have a vibrant end game where alts would have a place, but yes. It is a way. In any case, my reply was ironic, because it is really more necessary to create catch-up mechanisms than to expand the reaper system, which has already created enough powercreep and a big gap between new and veterans.

Now, I would be for a cosmetic system for the end game. Although not necessarily linked to reaper points, that system is overused.

Airmaiden

Something should be put in place for 156-300+ reaper points. DDO messed up by NOT putting a cap on RxP (IMO).
Cosmetics would be great, but I would also suggest:
2HP, 2SP per point Above 156 (only added at level 32+)
1RP/ 1MP/ USP at intervals of 10........so 160, 170, 180 etc (also, only added at level 32+)

Not a game breaking benefit..........but at least something!

Notadrizztvariant

if history serves as a blueprint a) something to the detriment of people with more than 156 points AND people without any b) what always happens to things that were the thang at some point in DDO - forgotten and left behind for whatever thing is going to be the new thang :)

kmoustakas

Scourge of Xaos
Dear Devs,

I'm aware there was a proposal to introduce a group buff for players with more than 156 reaper points. Has this idea been set aside?

Do you have plans for additional ways to utilize reaper points beyond 156? Perhaps a new skill tree with minor buffs? Or cosmetic rewards at milestones like 156, 200, 250, and 300 reaper points? (To note, 300 reaper points equate to 90 million reaper xp, representing years of gameplay and significant dedication to DDO.)

Could you share any plans for players who have amassed over 156 reaper points?

Additionally, we'd appreciate knowing if you intend to include such plans in your upcoming agenda.

Thank you.
Would be nice in general to add another reaper tree

Contessor

Maybe after 156+ every 25pts allows a charge for either a full heal or rez with full HPs on another party member per quest, bypassing the timer?

Col Kurtz

there's a rest home being built for maxed out players about to retire;)

Reaper was supposed to be a challenge for those character builds that found elite to easy...>putting a tree to gain xp's in was doomed to a revelation style apocalypse.

to quote another thread "more goal post moving''....>nothing has moved goal posts further than a huge tree that made a challenging difficulty easier as you gained xp's in it.

The players that really deserve respect did 10 skulls way back when they had less than even 10-20 reaper points.

But lol, I don't want to put a negative spin on players achievements.. maxing reaper points is a serious milestone too >good job.

* want a gaming challenge ? go play some War thunder...trying to carry a team with 12 noobs who cant communicate through a fast pace Tank Battle with the 10 skull Russian Bias there.

In my opinion, leave it as is.

Sure, add some cosmetics at certain milestones (if they don’t look a dog puked up crayons) but we certainly don’t need any added power.

About that power sharing idea that Severlin mentioned quite a while ago? I understand the reasoning and intent behind implementing such a system, but I doubt it can be implemented in a way that doesn’t introduce a bunch of additional lag into the game.

owl

The recent Amber temple discussion is a good reason why the reaper cap shouldn't be expanded. They can maybe add more cosmetics up to 150 pts or something.

There are other ways to expand and improve reaper beyond just raising the cap - I would prefer to see what creative ideas the devs can come up with to improve it besides just increasing the cap.

The biggest problem with reaper in my opinion is the grouping dynamics with people that have significant differences in points. That would be my #1 priority if I was a dev.

axel15810

Doubtful they'd do anything beyond 156, since based on the Q&As their intention seems to be to eventually revamp the whole reaper enhancement system. Probably to convert it to some kind of rank system where the power can be more easily shared in parties, and get rid of the trees altogether. But they have not committed to anything.

Fhrek

One Badge of Honor achieved
Any plan to extend Reaper cap is a waste of time for a loud minority (again). Unless the Dev team works in New/casual/returning players retention, any plan that widen the Power gap instead of diminishs it is a w-a-s-t-e of time and resources.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
I'm over 156, I don't need more power. I would like some new cosmetics like blue reaper wings and other fun stuff like that.

Edit: those cosmetics don't have to be linked to 156+ in any way, they could just be added to any tier of reaper points. I just want more pretty shiny stuff.

Doubtful they'd do anything beyond 156, since based on the Q&As their intention seems to be to eventually revamp the whole reaper enhancement system. Probably to convert it to some kind of rank system where the power can be more easily shared in parties, and get rid of the trees altogether. But they have not committed to anything.
I have little faith in SSG’s ability to do a major reaper revamp without alienating a huge percentage of the player base, or creating a lot more extra lag.