DDO unavailable: Saturday March 30th

Sylvado

Are you kidding me? We just had the issue where the game was unplayable for a week because you had to keep restarting the client or it was a slide show.
Then the store went down twice
And now this.
All this in less than two months.
I play a least a little every day and have not had to restart my client

Toede

I mean, it was only a few pages back that the same guy made multiple posts about how Cordo was gaslighting us about them working on the game and making sly remarks about how much he was instead eating. Sure there hasn't been anyone outright calling him names but I've seen plenty of posts of borderline harassment where trolls are trying to walk the curve and leave just enough room to cry innocent.

I think there is a difference between thinking we are being fed a corporate standard response and outright attacks. You may find it distasteful to imply they aren't telling the truth, and you might even be right, but I don't think that's an unreasonable thing personally. After all. It's now Monday and to nobody's surprise, it still isn't fixed. If Cordovan had told us "hey guys we tracked the problem down to a part that needs to be replaced but we can't get it right now because of the holiday. We'll keep you posted if anything changes but until then it's looking like Monday at the earliest" that would be a different story.

Sylvado

At what point do we as players who most likely have spent or currently spend money on the game (via vip, boxes, exp pots, etc) Decide to stop licking their (devs) boots, and hold them accountable to the issues they have either directly caused, or indirectly caused by not upgrading hardware, having proper failsafes, etc?

This kind of downtime with virtually no updates besides "we are working on it" is not acceptable in any other company, let alone an MMORPG. I just keep my fingers crossed this opens their eyes to their failing servers (which should have been obvious due to the mass lag) and they finally decide to spend some money on upgrades.... is that Fiscally Responsible?
Another IT wizard

raesene

😲😲😲😲 I thought these Forums were incig, incagnu , incocuu, anonymous??!!??😲😲😲

Is that you Isa, ya nosey... 😡

EDIT. I know it's no you Isa. Isa would know fine nobody would EVER touch one o' Boaby's pies!!! 😲👍

No I'm no Isa, but she did tell me that the reason the server's down is that someone told Big Innes that there was a bottle of Midori in that datacentre...

Clumsyoof

You haven't seen me make one complaint about the extended downtime. What I did complain about though is people scouring the posts, just waiting for the chance to give someone, some arsehole reply.
The last time we had a major crash like this and the team had to work round the clock for a few days to get the game back up and running, I looked up their physical address, found a pizzeria near their office and sent over a couple of pizzas to the them.
That is how you tell the team you appreciate them and thank them for giving up time with their families........but telling people who are already unhappy to "go get a life".....words that are coming from a person who is literally spending their time, looking for a post that they can reply to, so that they can declare themselves a better person, is rather an ironic way to show support for the ongoing work the Devs are doing

Jack Jarvis Esquire

No I'm no Isa, but she did tell me that the reason the server's down is that someone told Big Innes that there was a bottle of Midori in that datacentre...
Seems a tad far fetched, as it means swimming the Atlantic... But then... it is Innes after all, so... 🤔👍

It's you Tam, intit? You know me and Isa, and you're the only one I know who would risk a Clansman pie (if it was free), ya chancer ye! 😁👍

HoopleHead

61 pages and all I have to show for this last weekend is a ton of chores I've been procrastinating finally DONE...
wutdehell SSG? People are going to start counting on me to get stuff done?!?!
FIX THIS

mikarddo

It is quite impressive how fast some posters seem to level up in "pathetic" because the game is down for a few days.

I have seen 3 year olds handle cartoons being turned off with more maturity :)

Yes, I miss playing too, and hope we can soon. Best of luck to the SSG people (and associates) working on fixing things. It is, afterall, worse for SSG than for me when their bread and butter is not earning anything.

Clumsyoof

On a more humorous note.....
The downtime has allowed me to tackle some projects that I (and by I, I mean the wife) wanted taken care of.
I installed the new carpet in therecreational side, put in the drain pipes, plumbed the water line into the bathroom, installed the subfloor, shower, sink and vanity and layed the floor tiles.
All was going well, the wife assumed I was willingly giving up my DDO time to make her a happy girl........ and then.
And then last night, as I was here reading the forums, she decided to sit next to me. And as she was telling me what a wonderful husband I am, how proud she was of me for all I got done................... she started reading the forums too.
The next thing I knew, I heard "Is the game not working?", "How long has the game been down?" "OOOhhh, you didn't stop playing the game so that you could finish those projects, you only did them because the game is broken!"
On Saturday, I was a hero...... greatest man that ever lived
I woke up on Sunday, I was still the best of the best and that continued the whole day long
And then Sunday night came along and I just couldn't help myself, I just had to check the forums to see how things were going and by bedtime Sunday night came around........................ I was in the dog house

Dude

What you call pathetic, normal people call perfectly reasonable. Perhaps you should look in the mirror.
You seem to have a deep emotional investment in this. It's literally just a game. At some point the servers will come up or they won't. Attacking other players and being salty in posts where they're just introducing themselves really doesn't serve any rational purpose.

Warsaga

present day - present time
I think there is a difference between thinking we are being fed a corporate standard response and outright attacks. You may find it distasteful to imply they aren't telling the truth, and you might even be right, but I don't think that's an unreasonable thing personally. After all. It's now Monday and to nobody's surprise, it still isn't fixed. If Cordovan had told us "hey guys we tracked the problem down to a part that needs to be replaced but we can't get it right now because of the holiday. We'll keep you posted if anything changes but until then it's looking like Monday at the earliest" that would be a different story.
Yes, if that was the case then that response would end a lot of the speculation and show more transparency. But since we have no evidence that this is the problem, why even bring it up? Theres no need to default to assumptions of what may or not be when we have an actual confirmed response. That given response is that its an issue they're working around the clock through multiple days to resolve and with the implication that they think they will be able to. They obviously thought they'd be able to resolve it Saturday when Cordo said the next update would be "worlds back up or an eta". We can all clearly see that wasn't the case. Every update since then has been basically they've gone back to the drawing board and are continuing to investigate. Why is this insufficient for so many?

The only thing I can see here is that there is so little good will and trust towards the SSG staff that everything they say is viewed as somehow dishonest. While some dev responses might be suspect, what actual reason is it for Cordo to lie and gaslight? There's zero benefit because as you said there'd be nothing at all wrong with just laying out the actual timeline and service outage if they knew. I'm guessing that they honestly...just don't know.