Introducing our VIP Loyalty Reward Program!

KylerrTheMajty

They are persistent for as long as you remain VIP, and if they do persist on the list long enough for you to be able to earn them more than once they will indeed stack, so you'd get a +2% named loot drop chance.
Need to ask so when is 12 month , bc if I start vip in December I guess I will not get all rewords? Bc ppl that start in for example in June will be on different month then I or I will get all benefits from may to December at once?

Btw imo if this is what you come up with after so many YEARS of thinking , make me think that you really don't want more subscriber's...

Sometimes I think you guys want ppl to just stop playing only that you could just turn off servers without a fuss

Eltronin

Kobolds don't matter
Nice attempt but, not really up to speed.
1) Most awards not really valuable. 10 bank slots while VIP? lame. VIP bag of many things? not very useful things. Greater VIP bag of many things? Only really good reward.
2) How about raising monthly DDO points from 500 to 600 a month.
3) What about those who have been VIP for years, anything?
4) Other video games do a better job for their subscribers.

I was going to write a long response to the rewards offered but I think other people have done it more eloquently and adequately than I probably would.
What I will say though as someone who has played from the beginning and been VIP by and large for 95% of that time (only really falling off the wagon when I moved continents)

By and large, as a VIP, I've appreciated permanent things.
There are already temporal benefits to being a VIP around quest/race/class access, quest difficulty unlocks, VIP xp, etc etc.
That's kind of why people buy the VIP, and I appreciate SSG are trying to bridge the gap of lost value over time.
I largely agree with some of the detailed takes on the month by month benefits as stated.
If you want to make people *EXCITED* about a VIP Reward it has to either be a permanent gain (like the Mount, being permanently yours after 12 months of consecuiteve subbing, not just unlocking it, and losing access if you unsub)
Make the 12th Month everytime something different and exclusive and you probably won't have a problem keeping people interested in their VIP.
but if you consider why people are threatening to unsub it;s because the ongoing benefits having lost value, are the issue.
I would hazard a guess that if you just give VIP's Daily Gold Rolls, and a few other permanent tweaks, by and large people would probably be a lot happier than 3x Bag of mildly disappointing things.

As a closer, whilst I certainly appreciate all the work you have put into making this model, when I compare it to the rewards for the Year of the Dragon (which, understandably, as a 50th Anniversay of Dungeons and Dragons in general, should be a big deal)
it's a very poor offering in comparison.
One of the VIP gifts I have valued most over the time is the wonderful level 18 Cat I break out every life and enjoy the hell out of because it's an absolute BEAST.
do more of *that* perhaps, and less of the +5 Account slots, your mileage may vary, but this seems to be to be a very underwhelming offering.
I don't need to be blown away with value, but I wouldn;t object to being pleasantly surprised.

Dandonk

This is not the title you're looking for
You don't use all your extra character slots as mules to hold all the gear/crap and cosmetics etc? Lol I have like 18 mules... only play 1 character other than an occasional hardcore that then just becomes a higher level mule.
I only have five bank mules. I know, I'm a slacker :)

AMess

I was excited and ready to buy-in when I first heard about the program. after a decade of playing and buying all the content I'm a big supporter of the game. and i thought, hey, here's another opportunity for me to support...then I read the program details & it's a hard no.

I'll buy VIP when I'm reincarnating, but otherwise I'm out...b/c offerings like these make me think the marketers know they have a captive audience and they're just recycling. (recycling for the planet good, copying code and promoting it as benefit...meh)

The cosmetics are very cool, but not worth the hassle.

Give us stuff we can't get other places &/or add extreme conveniences.

My guess is the game is not profitable enough to develop the kinda perks we want to spend on...which makes me sad.

Last edited:

voenixa121

We had really bad inflation here in the EU the last years. Prices for DDO points and VIP stayed as they were. I don't feel I lost any value tbh. And since I'm subscribed either way when I'm playing, this is just more stuff for me. So that's great.

seph1roth5

Like I said before, the only people that aren't bothered by this system are the ones that were going to keep VIP-ing anyway lol.

mikarddo

I dislike the entire idea of having to claim a reward every month. I am VIP for the convinience - and having to remember to claim some minor reward every month is rather inconvinient. If I dont remember I will be very annoying, if I do remember I will be annoyed I have to go somewhere for it rather than just get it automatically.

I also dislike the idea of handing out insignificant stuff that I could simply buy from the store, I was hoping for something that actually was unique to VIP.

But seeing you seem set on this type of system I am left with trying to urge you add some relevant rewards rather than the peanuts you have now.

1. 500 ddo points is fine.
2/5/10. The items in the bag are nearly irrevant. At best its worth 125 points which is far too little. Add a +1 lesser heart to make the bag interesting. As it is I either wont even bother collecting the reward (and feel bad) or feel annoying spending time collecting such a tiny reward. This is really POOR.

3/6/12. No value for me but I guess it holds value for others so thats fine.
4. Absolutely no value at all. This feels really insulting. Change this one to "Vet I works after a TR for VIP letting you start at level 4 if you prefer".

7. The token idea is actually nice. I dont need it as I am pretty much done crafting but it will be helpful for others.
8. This one is fine. Not great but fine, though having the regular 4 types of hearts is pretty silly as those are dirt easy to get in game.

9. If +1% means that 10% -> 11% its fine. If it means that 10%->10.1% its not fine at all. Please tell us what it actually does (assuming its even working at all).
11. +5 should be +20 atleast.

Dandonk

I dislike the entire idea of having to claim a reward every month. I am VIP for the convinience - and having to remember to claim some minor reward every month is rather inconvinient. If I dont remember I will be very annoying, if I do remember I will be annoyed I have to go somewhere for it rather than just get it automatically.
This is actually a bigger annoyance than I first realized. Send us an ingame mail and/or email to advertise that hey, you got this new shiny, but don't make us run a chance of forgetting it. Make it auto-grant, please.

Tarrith

"Can I summon my VIP Loyalty Rewards mount or activate the Lightning Storm Trail if I am no longer VIP?

"No, these items are only usable while your VIP subscription remains active"

I have to say. That's b*****t. It's not a reward if you take it off those who have EARNED it.
Seriously bad mojo.

4th Month - A durability ward? Pffft.
- All my gear is either BTA or BTC. Whatever.

7th Month - A 10% crafting EXP?
- Jeez I just create a new character to get one of those. Fail.

All the rest is ok and pretty cool (cloak/mount) but taking a REWARD off if VIP lapses after it is EARNED is SERIOUSLY BAD PR.

Tarrith

Last edited:

mikarddo

This is actually a bigger annoyance than I first realized. Send us an ingame mail and/or email to advertise that hey, you got this new shiny, but don't make us run a chance of forgetting it. Make it auto-grant, please.

Unfortunately, in game mail wont work at all. I delete those in bulk without reading them due to the constant spam from favor mails. Hint - please add a filter to NOT get in game mail from favor or from earning a few ddo points.

Aye, auto grant where possibly + email please.

irnimnode

So where do I go to claim these rewards? I have no problem with any of the rewards some may not seem as good as the others but hey they are free.

voenixa121

Unfortunately, in game mail wont work at all. I delete those in bulk without reading them due to the constant spam from favor mails. Hint - please add a filter to NOT get in game mail from favor or from earning a few ddo points.

Yes, now that it shows on the screen, get rid of the mails. And don't make me miss a reward just because I didn't log in in time.
So where do I go to claim these rewards? I have no problem with any of the rewards some may not seem as good as the others but hey they are free.
Not free, you still have to have VIP for it.
Like I said before, the only people that aren't bothered by this system are the ones that were going to keep VIP-ing anyway lol.
For some people it's only "worth it" when they can teleport to every quest, start at level 7 every life and get an ottos box every 3 months. Maybe VIP just isn't for them. It doesn't have to be.

DDO Gaming

What "evidence" could I possibly provide?
Then perhaps wait 12 months before (HEAVILY CENSORED THOUGHT)...enlightening everyone with your wisdom after obtaining anakytical evidence from SSGs accounting serrvers to determine how VIP subscriptions have been impacted by the new VIP.

The new VIP adds value to the VIP program but clearly not everyone is happy.

ShanachieWolf

Seriously, you have a template for this in the form of Year of the Dragon, at minimum, the benefits should be that good, I'm only playing right now, because of the Year of the Dragon bonuses, I've already dropped like $80 while waiting for Dragon Disciple next February.

Maybe change the name, you seem tied to the nomenclature of "VIP" instead of looking at purely the benefits people want that don't line up with some exclusive elitist type of benefit structure. IIRC VIP used to get server priority, which is the most basic "VIP" real world analogue of skipping lines and getting acess to exclusive areas (expansions/ GW2 has literal areas you have to pay to access).

You don't want to give away expansions, I can understand that, so give a year round discount on them for VIP. People wait for expansion discounts already, so signing up for VIP to get access to the discount outside of those times makes sense, have the discount scale based on the length of the sub, so a year sub gives the best discount, it would be nice to be discounted as much as the special deals, but even 50-60% would be good for a 12 month sub, so 5% discount per month or something.

Universal/Racial AP point (stackable) tomes every few months you subscribe.

FFXI has a thing where you can get their version of hirelings based on subscription points or something (I vaguely recall how it works), so it would be cool to get the rogue Jeets, or the Cleric from the tutorial as a hireling based on subscription time. It would really help new players to get a companion to help them solo without spending gold/plat for going VIP, and if it has multiple level versions, it's useful for higher level players too.

Monthly Astral Shard gift

Free Daily Gold Rolls , potentially with advantage, roll twice, pick result you want, could stack every 12/24 months

Sentient XP (substantial, multiple runs worth), and a % bonus to Sentient XP, the gems can stockpile for new players, and old players can benefit from both benefits

Temporary cosmetics that release at the end of the year and you can keep, VIPs get a discount on the purchase while non-VIP pay full price, discount based on how many months that year you subscribe

Free daily resurrections (helpful for new and older players, new players are likely not going to pay money to res, not sure how many vets buy spirit cakes)

Doggo companion, with ability to pet

Discounted/Free Reincarnations, it's free to grind for the hearts already, so you're not innately losing money, and if it's cheap enough, people will just buy it rather than farm it.

Unlock House P Buffs without favor (helps new and old players doing reincarnations/first lives)

XP boost

Slow Mount (40-50% move speed bonus), (helps new players and entices them to farm/buy a better one, not much benefit for vets)

Fairy hireling/companion/pet that lets you cast Treasure Finding once per rest, (spams Hey, Listen! when it does so)

Near-instant healing/recovery/ability refresh at taverns, cut down the wait time to get ability uses back at the tavern

There's tons of ideas, and I'm honestly concerned that you guys could come up with is this bad, any random player could throw some at the walls and hit closer to the mark, whoever is in charge of the financial needs to take their finger off the scale a bit and stop being stingy.

Shear-buckler

This will not be enough to make people sub.
A handful of posters who already subbed will ofcourse defend this garbage.

Then perhaps wait 12 months before (HEAVILY CENSORED THOUGHT)...enlightening everyone with your wisdom after obtaining anakytical evidence from SSGs accounting serrvers to determine how VIP subscriptions have been impacted by the new VIP.

The new VIP adds value to the VIP program but clearly not everyone is happy.
:)(y)

Dandonk

Good point about in-game mail.

The system we have for Year of the Dragon might work as an in-game notice. But in any case, it should NEVER be possible to miss out on a monthly reward. Even if we have to go to an NPC to collect a reward, you should always be able to get any you might have missed from earlier months as well.