Update 63 Preview 2: Named Loot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aldebarann

Thelanis Player
No. But True Globe gives +1 to all of your stats while dino one gives +2 to a single stat (of your choice).

No, because bonuses of the same type do not stack.
Thanks, I was indeed puzzled due to them being of the same type but nevertheless posted all under bonus to "int" - and I clearly failed basic math when not noticing that adding 23 to 5 is indeed not equal to 27.

Ying

5000+ hours played
Facet of the Psionic Intrusion isn't good enough to be a named augment. Compare it to Eye of Lamannia: ML30, provides an implement bonus and has +146 to both positive and force. Psionic Intrusion needs something more added to it.

The Blonde

Catalogues Bugs
Hey, cool items. Here's some feedback:

- All items need flavor text.

- Legendary Ring of Telepathic Seeking could arguably have Quality Deception +3 instead of Quality Deception +2 (all ML29 items with Quality Deception up to this point have Quality Deception +2, except for Bloodsigil Ring, which is a ML29 Minor Artifact with Quality Deception +3 - should a ML29 Minor Artifact have similar power to a ML32 item? you decide).

- Legendary Pearl of Uncanny Protection should have Parrying +6 instead of Riposte +6 (they are the exact same effect, except Riposte is used on weapons and Parrying is used on everything else).

- Legendary Ring of the Transformed Voice is missing its 4th effect (Enchantment Resistance +11).

- Facet of Coalesced Impacts should arguably grant Superior Reinforced Fists instead of Greater Reinforced Fists.

- Facet of Psionic Intrusion should be Red and not Orange if left unchanged, due to reasons already stated in this thread.

- Globe of Cursed Blood should be +8/+10 enhancement IMO (given you are commited to keeping its current form).

Thanks.

FVSHasBeenEvenMoreGutted

Hello steel, some ideas for the gear:
  • the +enchant saves would be better being freedom of movement and/or protection from evil
  • the str ring would be slightly better if it was insightful combat mastery and another tactic, maybe quality stunning
  • the con trinket would be better imo with insightful or quality dodge as regular dodge is an augment
  • the false life on some of the trinkets would be better suited as quality false life as that is an effect that exists in game on like 1 item
  • the items with quality mrr might be cool as quality sheltering as there is only 2 items at cap that have quality sheltering, one being a shield other being an artifact
As for the augments, I will leave that to the outraged to discuss...

jwel

Steelstar, many have already asked for spell lore & insightful spell power augs. Please add these into the game.
This. Lore augments are desperately needed especially if you want multiple element casting to be a thing. My druid needs 3 and it's a pita to fit them, if I needed more lollolol

Spook

As there doesnt see to be any budge on making the items more desirable to end gamer players may I suggest giving all 12 items clickies so they have situational use.

If you did go that route I would suggest
Titans Grip moved to str ring
Madstone Rage on str Trinket (more thematic imo)

Another option is to give some of the items Abishai cookie effects to make it easier to get the Abishai destroyer buff

saekee

long live ROGUE
OMG the sheer number of responses about that one augment

A shame as it has created a huge distraction from giving feedback about the rest of the gear

SteelStar

Senior Systems Designer
OMG the sheer number of responses about that one augment

A shame as it has created a huge distraction from giving feedback about the rest of the gear
That it has!

We're updating the Globe of Cursed Blood to +8 Enhancement Bonus to Each Ability Score. We've heard the feedback for other potential changes to that item, but do not plan to change it further at this time.

That said, we'd absolutely love more feedback on the other items.

mikarddo

That it has!

We're updating the Globe of Cursed Blood to +8 Enhancement Bonus to Each Ability Score. We've heard the feedback for other potential changes to that item, but do not plan to change it further at this time.

Alright, still weak but obviously better.

As for the other items - would you care to explain how you expect those to compete when they have no set bonus? Would suggesting a set bonus be within the parameters or would that be deemed too good?

In preview 1 I did infact make suggestions on how to make one of the rings desireable but I see from the OP here that the suggestion was deemed too good which makes it hard to continue without knowing why it was too good. So, I will repost the suggestion and maybe you can explain why it is too good - which will either let me understand what does have a chance of being accepted or let me understand that it is not within the parameters to make an item worth using for me.

I very much understand when you cannot use feedback like "its too weak" without an explanation but that goes both way :)

Here is what I would like to have changed for me to use one of the items - namely the caster ring - even without a set bonus.
- change quality impulse to quality potency.
- change +3 quality stat to +3 insightful spell mastery
- change +11 resist to +15 exceptional universal spell power
and keep the 5% exceptional spell lore.

Nickodeamous

- Legendary Ring of Telepathic Seeking could arguably have Quality Deception +3 instead of Quality Deception +2 (all ML29 items with Quality Deception up to this point have Quality Deception +2, except for Bloodsigil Ring, which is a ML29 Minor Artifact with Quality Deception +3 - should a ML29 Minor Artifact have similar power to a ML32 item? you decide).

- Legendary Pearl of Uncanny Protection should have Parrying +6 instead of Riposte +6 (they are the exact same effect, except Riposte is used on weapons and Parrying is used on everything else).

- Legendary Ring of the Transformed Voice is missing its 4th effect (Enchantment Resistance +11).

- Facet of Coalesced Impacts should arguably grant Superior Reinforced Fists instead of Greater Reinforced Fists.

- Facet of Psionic Intrusion should be Red and not Orange if left unchanged, due to reasons already stated in this thread.

- Globe of Cursed Blood should be +8/+10 enhancement IMO (given you are commited to keeping its current form).

Thanks.
This is all great feedback! The only thing I would say in addition to making the Facet of Coalesced Impacts Superior vs. Greater is to make the augment a non-weapon augment (green/blue/clear).

This is currently found on a belt, trinket, and necklace. This should still be available to slot in any one of those augment slots that appear. Making it purple just nerfs monk DPS by removing what was in your weapon augment slot already. Come on, have a heart :) And as always, thanks for everything!

Nic

rabidfox

The People's Champion
As for the other items - would you care to explain how you expect those to compete when they have no set bonus? Would suggesting a set bonus be within the parameters or would that be deemed too good?
If not giving them their own set then they should put an extra augment slot on them that only takes the set augments made from raid items (like https://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Set_Augment:_Alluring_Elocution for example). Then at least they're not losing a base augment slot in order to get a set bonus.

wdhvenrick

That it has!

You've put cologne on a pile of trash. Underneath the cologne is the stench of trash.

Why even add an item that no one would use? Why add an item to just take up bag space. Or to lower the chances of getting an actually useful augment from a chest.

+10 enhancement or +4 insight or scrap the item.

The reason we keep mentioning this item above all the rest because it is by far the absolute most trash item in this update, and the most trash item seen in the past 5 updates.

seph1roth5

Well...thanks for beefing up the augment some. Still think it's not worth it though. Like...at lv 20, I might, MIGHT, go to gianthold and grab a +8 augment in an off-stat if say, I thought my spot could use a tiny boost. But that's pretty rare. The odds of me caring about that same boost at lv 32 are slim to none.

What about 2 different augments. +10 to str/dex/con, and another that's +10 to int/wis/cha? That's thematic and more useful.

Or maybe just ditch the enhancement idea altogether and just make it a different augment. How about enhancement bonuses to weirder skills, like a (randomly grabbing numbers) +18 to jump/tumble/move silently/hide/balance, one with +18 to diplo/intim/bluff, something like that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.