Illithid Invasion u63 Event Unlocking Mega Thread [Completed]

Ying

5000+ hours played
My first reaction is that it's got to be a quest that no one runs, because if it was something like Gianthold it would have been found already. But the fact that Keeper's Sanctuary was on the list, and required doing the optional, surprised me how quickly it was found. So who knows.

Ahpuch

My first reaction is that it's got to be a quest that no one runs, because if it was something like Gianthold it would have been found already. But the fact that Keeper's Sanctuary was on the list, and required doing the optional, surprised me how quickly it was found. So who knows.
Something buried at the end of a chain like Co6 or Threnal? That would suck. Especially Co6 which spans too many levels.

Ying

5000+ hours played
Something buried at the end of a chain like Co6 or Threnal? That would suck. Especially Co6 which spans too many levels.
It's possible. But so far that hasn't been the trend. Mercifully, Keeper's Sanctuary is the only location so far that required a prerequisite quest to be completed.

Emmile

Theory:

Quests will be found only in Eberron content
This means no
Borderlands
Eveningstar
Saltmarsh
Ravenloft
Forgotten realms based quests

Quests will not be a part of a chain that requires flagging in order to access. Would make it too difficult to farm.
This means no
Stk (sacred helm could be a yes )
Catacombs
Tangleroot (I know this isn’t reaper anyways just throwing out chained examples)
Threnal
Ect

This does narrow the search a lot. But so far this seems to be the trend. Opinions? It’s a good place to start the search at least. Happy hunting.

Edit: the first quest in a chain could be possible for farming I suppose but I find that to be unlikely. Please note I don’t consider quests like sharn a chain because once unlocked you can access them without re running previous ones

Last edited:

Ying

5000+ hours played
Tangleroot isn't an option because you can't run it on Reaper.

Can't rule out quests that have prereqs.

Emmile

This chain needs writing off by default because not a single quest in that pack can be ran on reaper and I really hope that fact wasn't forgotten in Illithid placement.
Tangleroot was a bad example in this I agreee. I only mentioned it as I was thinking of chained quests off the top of my head.

Lotoc

Now a pretty spiteful move would be to place a spawn in a mid chain delera's quest but in a place reached post completion, but overall the delera's chain does have a lot of potential hiding spots for such a spawn.

Clockwerks

Just to make sure people are aware: The locations of the Illithid spawns change with each wave, so previously-visited quests in your search in prior waves could still be eligible.
This seems significant... unless it is a Red Herring. I will go recheck Hiding in Plain Sight.

Last edited: