Illithid Invasion u63 Event Unlocking Mega Thread [Completed]

Dandonk

This is not the title you're looking for
With name calling and people trying to make my intent to be something else than it is - namely that I would like to participate in the hunt without having to jump through hoops and use hours on rolling and rerolling characters (which is somehow selflish... not sure how that works) - I am done with this thread.

Have fun and good luck with the event.

Gimp-1

I guess.... but the reward you get is cap-only. So you can either help unlock the quests, or get the new stuff, but not both. I still think that's kinda silly.
Im getting both. I have a toon i was TRing at level 9 and he has done quite a few of the spawn points sometime all by himself. Than i have 2 capped toons that are running the high level quests for cards. Cards can be passed between toons on the same account so all my active toons are benefiting. Loving it...although an idea of how many more runs would be great. I spent until 10:30pm running Redwillow until it was exhausted. Luckily a guildy was helping for most of that one.

Nerosothe

With name calling and people trying to make my intent to be something else than it is - namely that I would like to participate in the hunt without having to jump through hoops and use hours on rolling and rerolling characters (which is somehow selflish... not sure how that works) - I am done with this thread.

Have fun and good luck with the event.
Hopefully next event/update has something for you! sorry this one felt like dud, that's never fun.

canicus

The devs have seemed to widen the ilithid hunt lvl range in response so that people on the TR train can contribute and not be left out.

Go back a Fridays at 4 (1 or two weeks before event, I can't remember) Cordo said every level would be able to participate. I think the plan was always to have multi-leveled invasion points. I know this is not the main point of your argument, and I agree with you. I just want people to know SSG was planning on doing this right from the beginning. (at least on not making it cap only)

Nerosothe

Go back a Fridays at 4 (1 or two weeks before event, I can't remember) Cordo said every level would be able to participate. I think the plan was always to have multi-leveled invasion points. I know this is not the main point of your argument, and I agree with you. I just want people to know SSG was planning on doing this right from the beginning. (at least on not making it cap only)
ouu I didnt catch that! That is good to know thank you for the correction :)

canicus

This is semantics. The reward is unlocking quests (yes, for everyone), but if you want to try the new shinies, you'll have to be high level... enough so, that you can't take part in much of the hunt at the same time. I find that highly annoying.
You do realize that the dungeons are a permanent addition to the game and not only available during the event, right? I understand it's frustrating to not be involved in killing every mind-flyer, but I don't think the Devs intended 1 group of people to do all of the work. I think we were only ever supposed to play a small part in the community effort.

PurpleSerpent

Monster Hunter of Moderate Renown
Indeed, even in the first set of quests there were four which characters at cap couldn't run. They were the ones that people found last, of course, but that's because the people most motivated to look for Illithids were, of course, the people most likely to run the subsequently unlocked quests - i.e. long-term Legendary players.

Redgob

It was shared. I asked the guy who posted it and it was some solo player who found it and it's very quick to do. Reclamation. Some small area when you drop down the hole right from the start.

PurpleSerpent

Monster Hunter of Moderate Renown
It was shared. I asked the guy who posted it and it was some solo player who found it and it's very quick to do. Reclamation. Some small area when you drop down the hole right from the start.
Oh! Really?

Well, if you are that person, I must sincerely apologise for assuming malice where none existed.