Illithid Invasion u63 Event Unlocking Mega Thread [Completed]

Ahpuch

yes
lB3bpqt.jpg
Behind the lever puzzle? That may be worse than at the end of Co6. I have opened that gate once in dozens of tries.

PersonMan

Roulette luck - 1/11

5 - the 1st lever dropped me

Have to wonder if it is not actually a roulette and we all just assumed it was this whole time

Last edited:

Emmile

I’ll be completely honest. It’s the most devious puzzle location it could be in. That’s evil devs. As a rogue for many many years I’ve been there only a handful of times

do the traps need to be disabled to solve successfully? I’ve always disabled them

Greysidious

No, traps do not need to be disabled for success. 8 runs now, and the most I have gotten is 2 gears, dropped on 3rd. It is one of those that could never be solved b/c it is so random every time. Makes no sense to put it there for a time limited event.

Emmile

I know it’s not helpful it’s been over 10 years since I played around frequently with the rainbow puzzle but I would usually go top left bottom left too right bottom right then guess from there?

My rules were always disable traps and NEVER touch middle at first. Middle always seemed to break it

My theory is they put it there because they didn’t like us solving the first 2 rounds in 7 hours or less

Rakehell

We got it done once for khyber. One illithid down... many to go.

Good luck hunting.

Last edited:

Ahpuch

Roulette luck - 0/8

4 - the 1st lever dropped me

Have to wonder if it is not actually a roulette and we all just assumed it was this whole time
We spent a lot time thinking it could be solved. Then we gave up and called it roulette. Maybe they put the invader in there because it is not roulette and they were tired of us not figuring it out.

PersonMan

We spent a lot time thinking it could be solved. Then we gave up and called it roulette. Maybe they put the invader in there because it is not roulette and they were tired of us not figuring it out.
I was thinking that too

TroggyTrog

Not sure if this will help, but a certain streamer person many years ago back in 1897, did a video of this. The pattern for success on that run was: CENTER lever first, then 4 o'clock lever second, then 6 o'clock lever third, then 8 o'clock lever fourth, then 2 o'clock lever fifth, then 10 o'clock lever sixth, then 12 o'clock lever last. Here's the video: timestamp 9:31 +
Thank you mister Vooduspyce person steamer guy thingydingy. Kakow!?! or it could just be like everyone thinks and expects...RNG?! hmmm

Ashellia

In the past I've gotten Rainbow in the Dark's puzzle unlocked with...

1. Top-left
2. Top-right
3. Bottom
4. Top
5. Bottom-right (May have been bottom-left)
6. bottom-left (May have been bottom-right)

Most of the time it fails, but every once in a while it works. I've wanted to test if there is a correlation between the other random parts of the dungeon and the solution, since it'd be neat to be able to always solve it.

Some notes I had from that quest were...

"Dungeon layout: no pits at first beholder, trap with regular fire elementals (No teleport) at first gate after beholder, pits at east of gate to crest, just gelatinous cube at rest shrines past crest, no pit towards gnolls, no trap at near the end. I forget if it changes but it was all earth elementals at the first drop and the cavey part past the rest shrines, I feel like sometimes there are rust monsters. Interestingly didn't see any teleport traps"

Last edited: