Introducing our VIP Loyalty Reward Program!

dur

aka Cybersquirt
So, it sounds like there may be a bit of confusion on this point. As long as you've received the 11th month reward, you'll be eligible for the 12th at the next reward period. If you've received the 12th reward, you'll cycle back and get the 1st reward next time. While the rewards will change over time, they aren't set up for a yearly refresh, just adjustments over time.
There's not much confusion on one point: If you don't login and claim the monthly reward, you will not receive/advance monthly reward. Despite having paid for it. :)

Tarrith

VIP since 2006. Nope, I'm officially done with this bollocks.

VIP.jpg

Last edited:

Deleaka

best way to fix it would be ViP gets an extra 10% exp and named loot drop by 5% or every weekend 20% exp and 10% named loot drop then you dont need to collect anything i would go for the weekend option i bet you would see more ViP's and higher numbers on the weekends

KylerrTheMajty

Just increase exp bonus to 20% for vip , give 1 free chest roll per week , 5% more speed run in quests , free astral auction for vip no -30% and that would do it...

It took me 2 min to think about better not op solutions...

Eme

Q:
the cosmetic- is this a 'use' thing?
can it be turned on and off and on again ?
& if claimed & used, then you do a TR at a later date, will you still be able to use it, again ? ( even after claiming it and using it before)

Sylvado

You should want favor to reset each TR so you can get free ddo points again. It is a small amount but it adds up quickly every past life. Your going to quest anyway to get levels again right? So getting the favor for at least the easy fruit favor rewards is usually not an issue (extra hit points mostly and some skill bonus etc.) Maybe they could add an option to not reset it for some reason I guess, but most players likely want to get the free DDO points again.
You can get favor from other quests instead of having to run Coin Lords and House K every life.

ChicagoChris

Go to main ddo website
Go to buy an expansion
Click Payment Sources at the top of the page

Had to do it over the weekend

I figured out the issue - my Ad blocker was silently killing the connection - I haven't traced out the entire connection, but turning off ad blocking for DDO.COM and daybreakgames.com was required to get it to work.

And btw - this path to "login into my account" is just bad and not very intuitive.

Guntango

I've previous asked that they put a visible die roll for named items when we loot a chest & on AS rerolls (not needed for other extra items like artifacts/etc. that aren't part of the named item roll - well I suppose some folks might want those, but that would be a lot of data being shoved on the screen). Imagine the highs and lows of rolling a 35 out of 100 on an R1 and being so close...
I like the idea we talked about last night: VIP Members can reroll raid chests. If offered in addition to bonus xp and access to cosmetics and mounts, I wouldn't need anything further from a VIP Program.

In before the frothing-at-the-mouth responses: no, getting a vanilla raid item that you wanted does not stop you from rerolling for a boosted raid item subsequently.

EDIT: Yes, you have to subscribe as VIP for access to rerolling raid chests. Yes, you have to pay shards for each reroll.

Last edited:

Phoenicis

Savage's Husband
I've been thinking (dangerous, I know)
Maybe they could add an option 'View Chest Dice rolls' right under 'View detailed chest information'
Have it default to off. Personally, I'd like it to reset to off on login but I can see why some would disagree.

Reifee - Orien

I think A neat thing to be introduced would be an hour of daily exp bonus, or something like that.

It would promote you to login and get that hour in and it would be rewarding to the players. Who wouldn't want to be VIP if you got a 30% bonus EXTRA to exp 1x a day for 1 hour?

The thought of clicking Claim, and getting that bonus is enticing and has wide success in almost every game for rentension.

I would also give The Standard players the same thing but 5 or 10% for the mechanic.

seph1roth5

That's why I say this system is a mangled and broken battlepass. Games with a BP all have daily incentives to log in, with weekly/monthly stuff going on too. We have silver/gold rolls but...the rewards are so varied, and usually crap. Other games have maybe 2-3 rewards that mean little to nothing in a 30-day prize schedule.

Drakos

I like the idea we talked about last night: VIP Members can reroll raid chests. If offered in addition to bonus xp and access to cosmetics and mounts, I wouldn't need anything further from a VIP Program.

In before the frothing-at-the-mouth responses: no, getting a vanilla raid item that you wanted does not stop you from rerolling for a boosted raid item subsequently.

EDIT: Yes, you have to subscribe as VIP for access to rerolling raid chests. Yes, you have to pay shards for each reroll.
Not all VIP's run raids. Rewards shouldn't be tied to specific content.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
Not all VIP's run raids. Rewards shouldn't be tied to specific content.
Not all VIP like cosmetics. Not all VIP want what's in the bags being offered. Etc. etc. There's nothing wrong with offering a bunch of different things that may appeal to various folks and some of which won't; the idea being the overall combined offerings appealing to as many people as possible.

Drakos

Not all VIP like cosmetics. Not all VIP want what's in the bags being offered. Etc. etc. There's nothing wrong with offering a bunch of different things that may appeal to various folks and some of which won't; the idea being the overall combined offerings appealing to as many people as possible.
Therein lies the rub, they will never be able to find that balance because the VIP player base is to varied. I for one couldn't care less about Reaper, Raids, or Cosmetics. I figure I have at least one mount so I don't need another (actually have 10 different ones now), but I would like bonus XP and some of the QoL things people have mentioned. YMMV. Others love cosmetics and the many different mounts.

In general, I'm not too upset with what they are offering us, but I am very unhappy with the required monthly check-ins. We know they have the teck in the game to auto deliver to the characters/accounts and we have, at the award time, already given them our money, the mandatory log in on their schedule and check-in with your parole officer in-game contact is pure BS and the only reason I'm thinking about dropping my VIP. As I've stated, I've maintained a pay subscription, in one form or another, for 18 years, but this crap is perhaps one straw to many.

ShanachieWolf

VIP gets daily gold rolls with two options. Idealist and Realist, Idealist gets two rolls with advantage while Realist gets 1 roll but with can only roll a minimum of 30 or 50 (below that triggers a silent reroll until it is above 30 or 50)

(2-10?) Free Daily Party-wide Revives (twice per quest across all VIP party members) (maybe not in raids?)

Boost to crafting XP

Boost to Reaper XP

Increase Daily drop limit of Heart Seeds (or cheaper reincarnations through some method, possibly a DDO Store discount on hearts)

Free Racial Wish for Reincarnations?

General DDO Store Discounts (could be exclusive to VIP or a monthly coupon you can spend on a single item)

Spawns in special VIP toga upon reincarnation

VIP players trigger party buffs upon rest shrine use

VIP sentient gem that gets updated every year with new/expanded dialogue

Complimentary tavern food for VIP players (instead of having to buy, you get a dialogue option from barkeep) (Party-wide?)

Chest Rerolls seem popular and I'm on board with them, either a limited daily amount for free or discounted astral shard cost

1/month special reroll that let's you select from all named items in chest once (non-raid?)

Extra VIP Bag slot (in addition to current maximum purchasable from DDO Store)

1/month free Deck of Many Curses Draw?

Cosmetic armor/cape in the same style as the Founders Helmet?

Dragonborn Helmet/Hat cosmetic (lol)

Spook

Therein lies the rub, they will never be able to find that balance because the VIP player base is to varied. I for one couldn't care less about Reaper, Raids, or Cosmetics. I figure I have at least one mount so I don't need another (actually have 10 different ones now), but I would like bonus XP and some of the QoL things people have mentioned. YMMV. Others love cosmetics and the many different mounts.
Other games have already solved this by making bundles and offers of digital assets be worth literally double what it would cost to buy a la carte, making the value proposition so good that its worth buying even if you dont want everything.

A great example of this was the DDO starter bundle (especially as it was 75% off multiple times).

Ahpuch

... As I've stated, I've maintained a pay subscription, in one form or another, for 18 years, but this crap is perhaps one straw to many.
I find it amazing that a company can add something that should be net improvement (nothing taken away, (some) useful stuff added) leaving customers no worse off in any way and most probably better off and yet mess it up such that some customers will come to this conclusion.

They were told this was a lousy model for VIPs over a year ago and yet they came back with virtually the exact same plan 13 months later. A complicated menu of offerings that are tedious to collect and of such questionable value such that customers perceive it as worse than nothing.
I don't know how many people feel as Drakos does or how many are excited to sign up but depending on how this swings this could be a great case study on what not to do.

(for the record, I find this uninspiring but I likely won't cancel my VIP even though my expectations of getting better value for my $$ are now gone)

rabidfox

The People's Champion
A great example of this was the DDO starter bundle (especially as it was 75% off multiple times).
It's amazing they haven't brought that back with replacement for the race that went f2p in the bundle. Such a great initial purchase for people.

Lazuli

Well, in the Sharn market xpacks, for example, they still offer the tiefling although now it is a free race xD. They could have changed that, but they have not done so nor have they edited the description of the different bundles.