Introducing our VIP Loyalty Reward Program!

rabidfox

The People's Champion
Well, in the Sharn market xpacks, for example, they still offer the tiefling although now it is a free race xD. They could have changed that, but they have not done so nor have they edited the description of the different bundles.
"Epic Destiny Access" is still listed on a bunch too even though that's free now. Someone really should do a pass on the market page and fix the outdate info.

Guntango

Not all VIP's run raids. Rewards shouldn't be tied to specific content.
We’re looking for big numbies here, not outliers. If we were to perform a quick analysis to see how many VIPs run raids, I’d bet a very high percentage do. For you and the two other people that don’t, you’ll have to determine if the VIP bonus is a good enough deal while not participating in an enormous part of the game. I’m guessing you’ll be fine with it, since you’re already ok with missing out on so much.

Drakos

We’re looking for big numbies here, not outliers. If we were to perform a quick analysis to see how many VIPs run raids, I’d bet a very high percentage do. For you and the two other people that don’t, you’ll have to determine if the VIP bonus is a good enough deal while not participating in an enormous part of the game. I’m guessing you’ll be fine with it, since you’re already ok with missing out on so much.
Well, this is your opinion, but mine differs. I know quite a few VIP players who do not enjoy raids so YMMV. I have know doubt that there are more who do raid than not, but I think the gap is less wide than you are eluding to. Until we see some numbers from SSG we will never really know.

Guntango

Well, this is your opinion, but mine differs. I know quite a few VIP players who do not enjoy raids so YMMV. I have know doubt that there are more who do raid than not, but I think the gap is less wide than you are eluding to. Until we see some numbers from SSG we will never really know.
They already know, and release every new major update with…a raid.

Lazuli

As far I've heard from folks, you get the 1 Tome of Destiny Historic (per server) per any of the expansions that list epic destiny. So it's technically replaced for that one.
I just looked, and I see that they have changed the description of the Sharn pack, eliminating the tiefling (how sad! They could be less crappy. Give store points, for example, like turbine did, if they can't think of something more original) The pack is now limited to quests, 20 astral shards and a Major Guild Renown Elixir.

Few months ago they still hadn't changed it, I wrote them a ticket pointing it out, at least they paid attention. But I honestly don't see the reason to buy the xpack for money instead of points.

Last edited:

Mindos

CHAOTIC EVIL
Few months ago they still hadn't changed it, I wrote them a ticket pointing it out, at least they paid attention. But I honestly don't see the reason to buy the xpack for money instead of points.
So it's the same price, but at least it doesn't list things that are free. So you pay the same and get less though if you think about it. Hmmm.

Jasparius

You were subbing before, but now they added extra benefit to that so you're going to stop subbing? Yeah, that makes sense. o_O

I subbed because of the daily Gold rolls. I figured 7 different servers and all those rolls and the bonus points for the period I can transfer maybe one or 2 of the toons which end up with the best loot over to my mains on Argo.

I buy points when they are on sale, I buy packs when they are on sale. I look for things I see as good value based on how I play the game. I dont see these additional "freebies" as enough to keep me paying VIP.

I do suspect that each time they have the daily Gold rolls I will sub for a month or 3 and over time collect the early on benefits.

voenixa121

I subbed because of the daily Gold rolls. I figured 7 different servers and all those rolls and the bonus points for the period I can transfer maybe one or 2 of the toons which end up with the best loot over to my mains on Argo.
This right here is why we don't get permanent daily gold rolls...

Vox

"Epic Destiny Access" is still listed on a bunch too even though that's free now. Someone really should do a pass on the market page and fix the outdate info.
It's not just the market. Check the store prices for (for example) all the available levels of spellcraft augments.

Kyrr

I am not laughing. I would not laugh over the fact that more people other than myself and my second account are cancelling VIP because of this poorly introduced system after having it for years

KylerrTheMajty

I am not laughing. I would not laugh over the fact that more people other than myself and my second account are cancelling VIP because of this poorly introduced system after having it for years
Imo they want that , to show daybreak or EG7 it's noth worth to run this game we need to turn it off and work only on lotro

Ying

5000+ hours played
I love playing devil's advocate, so I'm going to continue my unpopular opinion of supporting the VIP program. One of the features I use multiples times a life is the Saga skip feature. Especially when leveling through heroics, there tends to be that one quest that just sucks to complete on my current build or it's too long/time consuming: Needle in a Feystack, Forbidden Temple, Smash and Burn, In The Belly of the Beast are favorites of mine to skip. In legendary levels, I just skip the longest quest when I'm just interested in the saga reward.

Please add “complete reincarnation timer bypass” to the “Bag of Many Things”.

I'll never understand why the bypass isn't a staple store item or a VIP feature. I'm not gonna buy an Otto's box just for one, but there are times where I'd buy a reset timer without all the stuff that comes in a box. When I have to wait to TR, it just makes me go play another game.

Eme

I

I'll never understand why the bypass isn't a staple store item or a VIP feature. I'm not gonna buy an Otto's box just for one, but there are times where I'd buy a reset timer without all the stuff that comes in a box. When I have to wait to TR, it just makes me go play another game.
same. I just had a week between jobs, wanted to get as much ddo in as possible TTring, could only do 2, when I could have done 4. It basically stopped me buying more XP pots, too.