Kali's Suggestions for DPS gear sets + downloadable planner spreadsheets

Kalibano

Build Designer. Having fun since 2006!
DPS version of the Vecna DPS set updated in the main post: clicking here will take you there. This gear set is now live in game: loving the new sword, got it fully upgraded yerterday!

Paladin KoTC version of the DPS gear set 2: Vecna (general template)
(more about the build + gear on this thread, if interested)

Kalibano

Revision of the gear sets for my DPS builds have all been completed and implemented in game!
That took a bunch of Sentience and Augment removal tools, but was well worth it!
Still missing several rare filigrees, and enough sentient xp to open all slots, but I'm very patient, and it keeps the game interesting :)

Currently working on a revising the gear sets for my:
> melee/caster hybrids first,
> and then for my casters (especially in light of the new Chrono raid having some v nice caster gear coming).

Hope people have been finding the suggestions and files shared here useful/ inspirational for their own gear tetris.

Last edited:

Dandonk

This is not the title you're looking for
Thank you for sharing your tetris solutions. As I'm growing tired of that endless work, this is very helpful.

Kalibano

Filigree info added to each specific version of the 2 main gear sets, for ease of access, since filigrees and gear are very closely linked to each other.
Hope this enhances the use of this thread, and saves some clicking back and forth between this page and the pages for each build just to see the filigree choices.

Kalibano

Still working on an adjusted gear set up for my Blighted Wolf build. The main intention is to add a profane set bonus.
Stay tuned! :)

Kalibano

Some images updated.

Still working on an adjusted gear set up for my Blighted Wolf build, though I might end up waiting for the Myth Dranor level cap raise and new gear.

Kalibano

Barbarian Ravager version of the DPS gear set 1: PoF+Dread (general template)
(more about the build + gear on this thread, if interested)

Gear set updated in light of the changes to Visage of Terror. Mostly new augments at this point, since a new expansion and level cap raise are due to arrive in the near future.

Enjoy!

Hakoist

DPS gear set 2: Vecna (general template)
This gear set has also been added to the main spreadsheet, under an additional tab.

Below is an image of what is planned, including a list to keep track of which bonuses are included/not included.
It is meant to include the key bonuses DPS characters can benefit from, and it is very much intended for it to be tweaked more specifically to the class/race/build people want. This is a general template: there is no 'one set fits all' really, so though this approach might be unusual, it has proven particularly useful to me personally, since I have several alts.
DPS-gear-set-2-Vecna.jpg

Gear Set bonuses:
DPS2-Set-bonuses.jpg

N.B.1: the Perfect Silence augment Set {+3 SA die} could replace the Tough Shields augment set {+30 PRR}, if more DPS is desired.

I am surprised to see starless nights is used in such building block.
It happens to me I upgraded eGOMF and get starless nights....
So I made a ring trying to fit in my palemaster items.

I got some MA rune, I got some FoM rune for weapon (likely the greatsword), I can use a alternate necklace/glove while hunting.
I can farm some feytwist chest for bracer.
I can ignore the set augment.

Wait.. ins stat augment and main stat +14 augment.....
Doesnt seem farmable lol

saekee

long live ROGUE
hey Kalibano something fun to consider in your gearsets:
Using two ring slots (ouch, I know) with the same ring:

This nets you: 15 mp, +30 artifact PRR, +30 MRR, +17 Ins. PRR, some elemental resistances, and acid/electric spellpower artifact boost.
One can pair this with Silent Avenger (which lacks melee power) for its strong 30 fort bypass, sneak dice, Doublestrike and helplessness damage boost. Silent Avenger has been lacking the 15 melee power like the Sharn, Dread and Vecna sets so this seals that issue.
You get tankiness and DPS, and still have: Helm, bracers, boots, gloves, trinket, goggles. 4 of those can be IoD plus weapon for fifth set.

Kalibano

hey Kalibano something fun to consider in your gearsets:
Using two ring slots (ouch, I know) with the same ring:

This nets you: 15 mp, +30 artifact PRR, +30 MRR, +17 Ins. PRR, some elemental resistances, and acid/electric spellpower artifact boost.
One can pair this with Silent Avenger (which lacks melee power) for its strong 30 fort bypass, sneak dice, Doublestrike and helplessness damage boost. Silent Avenger has been lacking the 15 melee power like the Sharn, Dread and Vecna sets so this seals that issue.
You get tankiness and DPS, and still have: Helm, bracers, boots, gloves, trinket, goggles. 4 of those can be IoD plus weapon for fifth set.
That's a great suggestion, thanks a lot for sharing this! :)
I'm kinda waiting for Myth Drannor to delve a bit deeper again into gearing, but contributions like this are fantastic for everyone who comes here seeking inspiration/ ideas.

saekee

long live ROGUE
@Kalibano
Have u considered Sora kell in your tetris?
I have struggles with Sora Kell and wherher or not it is worth it.

What you get with three slots:
1) 30 artifact PRR
2) artifact hit and damage +3
3) imbue +3
4) Artifact USP
5) +3 artifact all ability scores

#1 nice buff
#2 you can get with potions from Comms
#3 good if you got great imbue scaling
#4 not really worth it IMHO
#5 could be good if not from other source
The downside is 3 gear slots with nothing good on them—straight stats and skill boosts, nothing special. That is what doesn’t work for me.

Kalibano

@Kalibano
Have u considered Sora kell in your tetris?
> For the benefit of anyone visiting this thread, looking for suggestions for gear, who is not familiar with the Sora Kell set:
Legendary Wrath of Sora Kell (3 Pieces):
  • +25 Artifact bonus to Universal Spell Power
  • +30 Artifact bonus to Physical Resistance Rating
  • +3 Artifact bonus to Hit and Damage
  • +3 Artifact bonus to Imbue Dice
Legendary Perfected Wrath (3 Pieces):
  • +3 Artifact bonus to all Ability Scores
  • +15% Artifact bonus to Helplessness Damage

> Indeed I have, and decided no to for a few reasons:
- Sora kell came out around the time I had just finished planning and gearing several alts with the set up I posted in this thread​
- the work involved in doing tetris all over again for all of those alts is ENORMOUS​
- this set became available around the time Myth Drannor (and the timeframe for its release) was announced​
- I gnerally wait to do any major gear tetris with the release of full expansions, such as Myth Drannor​
- the bonuses provided by the items in the Sora Kell set are not particularly great​
- the slots occupied by items clash with other important sets​

> there are other important personal considerations I tend to abide by ref equipment are:
- I want to achieve things in my lifetime
- vast majority of weapon swaps for bonuses are absolutely out of question: annoying, irritating, not fun at all
- all my melees invest in some defensiveness and survival: being a soul stone is not only frustrating, but contribute zero DPS
- I play 23 alts: this isn't changing, it's just how I like it
- I need to have sets of 'standard equipment suites' that:
- fit a certain group of alts (e.g. DPS alts; THF combat style alts; etc.)
- is mostly sharable via the shared bank
- also include raid items, which are BTA, and so require considerable effort
- include several slotted augments, many of which are rare, and so require considerable effort
- can be achieved in a timeframe when they are still desirable, rather than when they are already obsolete
Those who have a bunch of active alts are most likely to fully appreciate how hard the tetris can be to make a set work for several alts, while still ensuring all key bonuses are included!

> the 'formula' I came up with for gearing several melee DPS alts (which fits the personal constraints listed above) gave me all I needed:

Legendary Part of the Family set (3 pieces):
  • +15% Artifact bonus to Doublestrike
  • +15 Artifact bonus to Melee Power
  • +15% Artifact bonus to damage vs the Helpless
  • +30% Artifact bonus to Fortification Bypass
Note: Items have highly relevant bonuses on them
= 3 slots used (out of 13 available for many builds: inc armor & weapon)

The Legendary Dread Isle's Curse (5 Pieces):
  • +15 Profane bonus to Melee and Ranged Power
  • +25 Profane bonus to Universal Spellpower
  • +30 Profane Bonus to PRR
  • +2 Profane bonus to Spell DC's
  • +2 Profane bonus to All Ability Scores
  • +4 Profane bonus to hit and damage
Note: Part of Family leaves helm and cloak free, and these are fully craftable in this set. The artefacts here are fully customisable too, and fit the free slots without considerable clash. This set allows the weapon to become a slot that counts for set bonuses.
= 8 slots used (out of 13 available for many builds: inc armor & weapon)

Augment set (3 pieces):
This is for defensiveness, which for me personally, is a must. My builds do not count of a ton of free defensiveness granted by past lives, mythical + reaper bonuses, and various other rare bonuses:
either:
Set Augment: Legendary Bulwark: +10% Legendary bonus to Maximum Hit Points
OR
Set Augment: Tough Shields: +30 Artifact bonus to Physical Resistance Rating
Note: still undecided which is the best out of the two, to be frankly honest

... but this leaves potential for others to tweak and add extra DPS/other bonuses, if that's what they prefer:
Set Augment: Imbued Infusion: +3 Artifact bonus to bonus Imbue Dice
Set Augment: Perfect Silence: +3 Artifact Bonus to Sneak Attack Dice
Set Augment: Bold Tactician: +3 Artifact bonus to Tactical DCs
Set Augment: Subtle Blade: +3 Artifact bonus to Assassinate DCs
= 11 slots used (out of 13 available for many builds: inc armor & weapon)

> The other 2 slots have proven essential for squeezing rare DPS bonuses (insightful, quality, etc, as in the images below):
DPS-gear-set-1-Po-F-Dread.jpg

Gear Set bonuses:
Dark-Hunter-Gear-Set-bonuses.jpg

All in all, it works great, and I don't personally feel Sora Kell would enhance this massively, considering Myth Drannor is around the corner :)
I'm not particularly interested in what has been 'decreed' by some as 'the meta', or 'best in slot' to be honest, but that's just me.

Last edited:

Hakoist

I am surprised to see starless nights is used in such building block.
It happens to me I upgraded eGOMF and get starless nights....
So I made a ring trying to fit in my palemaster items.

I got some MA rune, I got some FoM rune for weapon (likely the greatsword), I can use a alternate necklace/glove while hunting.
I can farm some feytwist chest for bracer.
I can ignore the set augment.

Wait.. ins stat augment and main stat +14 augment.....
Doesnt seem farmable lol
wiki is quite vague regarding ins stat +5 augment
but it is available in the champion hunter weekend now for 3000 remnants.
can stock up a couple for future gearing.

Kalibano

wiki is quite vague regarding ins stat +5 augment
but it is available in the champion hunter weekend now for 3000 remnants.
can stock up a couple for future gearing.
Ya, the Diamonds with insightful bonus to ability scores are only available from the Mysterious Remnant vendors during the Champion Hunter events, and sadly they don't happen very often. I've suggested on a few occasions for them to be placed permanently on that vendor.

The +14 enhancement bonus Diamonds seem to currently only be obtainable via looting chests.

Personally, I try keeping an eye out on for them in the auction houses, or when somebody loots them, I try sending a tell asking if they could please trade, as it's a Diamond I need.

There's always the DDO store, but that's not normally an option for me (at least not for this kind of item).

Wish this was simpler! Let us get them from an augment vendor Devs, please! 🙏 🙂

Last edited: