Kali's Suggestions for DPS gear sets + downloadable planner spreadsheets

Kalibano

Build Designer & Fun Lover!
If you would like to contribute towards this effort, any donations will be greatly appreciated. If not, please don't worry: sharing is caring! Just sit back, relax, and enjoy!

Kali's Suggestions for DPS gear sets + downloadable planner spreadsheets

Thought this might deserve its own dedicated thread, based on the nice reactions I noticed when I posted it in my build repository and on Discord. This isn't meant to be 'meta' in any sense (in case you haven't seen my other threads, I do not care about the 'meta'). I made this for myself, and thought I could share to provide suggestions/ inspiration to anyone looking for a DPS gear set.

The spreadsheet is rather simple, but imo effective. The aim was to see everything I wanted in one screen: works perfectly for me! :) Though it was made for my own use, I'm very happy to share, in case anyone finds it useful! No promises it will be kept up-to-date with every bit of content released, sorry!

DPS gear set 1: Part of the Family + Dread (general template)

Below is an image of what is planned, including a list to keep track of which bonuses are included/not included.
It is meant to include the key bonuses DPS characters can benefit from, and it is very much intended for it to be tweaked more specifically to the class/race/build people want. This is a general template: there is no 'one set fits all' really, so though this approach might be unusual, it has proven particularly useful to me personally, since I have several alts.
DPS-gear-set-1-Po-F-Dread.jpg

Gear Set bonuses:
Dark-Hunter-Gear-Set-bonuses.jpg

N.B.1: the Perfect Silence augment Set {+3 SA die} could replace the Tough Shields augment set {+30 PRR}, if more DPS is desired.

Dark Hunter Tempest version of the DPS gear set 1: PoF+Dread (general template) above
(more about the build + gear on this thread, if interested)
Dark-Hunter-DPS-set-1-gear-planner.jpg

Dark Hunter Tempest DPS gear planner spreadsheet above is available to download too.

Gear Set bonuses:

Filigrees: 14 = 4 (artefact) + 10 (weapon)
Dark-Hunter-Filigree-Set-bonuses.jpg

Dark-Hunter-Filigrees-all.jpg

Monk Henshin Mystic version of the DPS gear set 1: PoF+Dread (general template) above
Monk-Henshin-DPS-set-1-gear-planner.jpg

Monk Henshin Mystic DPS gear planner spreadsheet above is available to download too.

Gear Set bonuses:

Monk-Henshin-Mystic-Filigree-Set-bonuses.jpg

Monk-Henshin-Mystic-Filigrees-all.jpg

Barbarian Ravager version of the DPS gear set 1: PoF+Dread (general template) above
Barbarian-Ravager-DPS-set-1-gear-planner.jpg

Barbarian Ravager DPS gear planner spreadsheet above is available to download too.

Gear Set bonuses:

Barbarian-Ravager-Filigree-Set-bonuses.jpg

Barbarian-Ravager-Filigrees-all.jpg

Stormsinger Warchanter hybrid version of the DPS gear set 1: PoF+Dread (general template)
Stormsinger-Warchanter-DPS-Hybrid-3-gear-planner.jpg

Stormsinger Warchanter DPS hybrid gear planner spreadsheet above is available to download too.

Gear Set bonuses:
Stormsinger-Warchanter-Gear-set-bonuses.jpg

Stormsinger-Warchanter-Filigree-Set-bonuses.jpg

Stormsinger-Warchanter-Filigrees-all.jpg

Particularly important considerations I tend to abide by ref equipment are:
- I want to achieve things in my lifetime
- vast majority of weapon swaps for bonuses are absolutely out of question: annoying, irritating, not fun at all
- all my melees invest in some defensiveness and survival: being a soul stone is not only frustrating, but contribute zero DPS
- I play 23 alts: this isn't changing, it's just how I like it
-
I need to have sets of 'standard equipment suites' that:
- fit a certain group of alts (e.g. DPS alts; THF combat style alts; etc.)
- is mostly sharable via the shared bank
- also include raid items, which are BTA, and so require considerable effort​
- include several slotted augments, many of which are rare, and so require considerable effort​
- can be achieved in a timeframe when they are still desirable, rather than when they are already obsolete
Those who have a bunch of active alts are most likely to fully appreciate how hard the tetris can be to make a set work for several alts, while still ensuring all key bonuses are included!

I am always happy to read, consider and respond to constructive comments/ suggestions / feedback that are provided in a polite and friendly manner. I welcome discussions with anyone who is capable (and willing) to do this. Some discussions may lead to both parties simply agreeing to disagreeing - that's absolutely fine, everyone is entitled to their opinion after all!

Last edited:

Kalibano

DPS gear set 2: Vecna (general template)
This gear set has also been added to the main spreadsheet, under an additional tab.

Below is an image of what is planned, including a list to keep track of which bonuses are included/not included.
It is meant to include the key bonuses DPS characters can benefit from, and it is very much intended for it to be tweaked more specifically to the class/race/build people want. This is a general template: there is no 'one set fits all' really, so though this approach might be unusual, it has proven particularly useful to me personally, since I have several alts.
DPS-gear-set-2-Vecna.jpg

Gear Set bonuses:
DPS2-Set-bonuses.jpg

N.B.1: the Perfect Silence augment Set {+3 SA die} could replace the Tough Shields augment set {+30 PRR}, if more DPS is desired.

Paladin KoTC version of the DPS gear set 2: Vecna (general template) above
This is the gear set I am using, as it does not involve re-rolling the Gem of Many Facets. It also gives more combat mastery, which for me is preferrable overall.
Paladin-Ko-TC-DPS-1-gear-planner.jpg

Paladin KoTC DPS gear planner spreadsheet above is available to download too.

Gear Set bonuses:
Paladin-Ko-TC-New-set-bonuses-overview.jpg

N.B.2: the Perfect Silence augment Set {+3 SA die} could replace the Tough Shields augment set {+30 PRR}, if more DPS is desired.

Dark-Apostate-Filigree-Set-bonuses.jpg

Dark-Apostate-Filigrees-all.jpg
The alternative gear set below would involve re-rolling the Gem to get the right set bonus. As I have enough alts that require gems to roll for, this is far less desirable, but nevertheless, a possible option for others.
Paladin-Ko-TC-DPS-set-2-gear-planner.jpg

Paladin KoTC DPS gear planner spreadsheet above is available to download too.

Gear Set bonuses:
DPS2-Set-bonuses.jpg

N.B.2: the Perfect Silence augment Set {+3 SA die} could replace the Tough Shields augment set {+30 PRR}, if more DPS is desired.

Dark Apostate hybrid version of the DPS gear set 2: Vecna (general template) above
This is the gear set I am using, as it does not involve rolling 2 sets on the Gem of Many Facets. It also gives more imbue die and spell power, which for me is preferrable overall.
Dark-Apostate-DPS-Hybrid-1-gear-planner.jpg

Dark Apostate DPS Hybrid gear planner spreadsheet above is available to download too.

Gear Set bonuses:
Dark-Apostate-New-set-bonuses-1-overview.jpg

The alternative gear set below would involve re-rolling the Gem to get 2 set bonuses. As I have enough alts that require gems to roll for, this is far less desirable, but nevertheless, a possible option for others.
Dark-Apostate-DPS-hybrid-gear-planner.jpg

Dark Apostate DPS Hybrid gear planner spreadsheet above is available to download too.

Gear Set bonuses:
Dark-Apostate-New-set-bonuses-overview.jpg

N.B.3: the following could replace the Tough Shields augment set {+30 PRR}, if more DPS is desired:
> Truthful Blow Augment Set {+15 Fortification Bypass}
> Perfect Silence augment Set {+3 SA die}

- vast majority of weapon swaps for bonuses are absolutely out of question: annoying, irritating, not fun at all
- all my melees invest in some defensiveness and survival: being a soul stone is not only frustrating, but contribute zero DPS
-
- include several slotted augments, many of which are rare, and so require considerable effort​
- can be achieved in a timeframe when they are still desirable, rather than when they are already obsolete
Those who have a bunch of active alts are most likely to fully appreciate how hard the tetris can be to make a set work for several alts, while still ensuring all key bonuses are included!

I am always happy to read, consider and respond to constructive comments/ suggestions / feedback that are provided in a polite and friendly manner. I welcome discussions with anyone who is capable (and willing) to do this. Some discussions may lead to both parties simply agreeing to disagreeing - that's absolutely fine, everyone is entitled to their opinion after all!

Last edited:

Kalibano

Some thoughts on the Vecna set vs the Part of the Family + Dread set:
- Less seeker and deception, no cannith infusion, but more HP and better defenses (fort, saves, PRR)
- If swapping from Dread set, possibly a lot of work for, what seems at this point, very little extra to be gained
- a key disadvantage for me is the limited weapon types: not all my alts will be able to use this, while all can use Attuned Dino weapons
- it remains to be seen how the crafting for the raid weapons will go: it could be super rare and annoying (ala Nebula Fragment) or more reasonable/ achievable
- the craftable effects seem very nice, but are they stronger than the Dino weapon? Personally I'll reserve judgement until more testing is done.
Fire-on-Morgrave-crafting.jpg

-

Last edited:

Kalibano

Kali's Tips for gear tetris

This first tip might not be known by many people, and it certainly helps a ton when doing gear tetris:
Tip 1. DDO Wiki has a couple of pages where it's possible to see a list of items that have a specific bonus you want to add to your gear set:

A. Category: Items by effect

> The most comprehensive list, out of the two

B. Category: Items by effect group

> The list I go to if I don't find what I am looking for in the list above

So let's say I am looking for an item that has quality seeker in it:

First I go to Items by effect, and check if it's listed there (if not, check Items by effect group):
DDO-Wiki-Items-by-effect-seeker.jpg

DDO-Wiki-Items-by-effect-seeker-2.jpg

DDO-Wiki-Items-by-effect-seeker-3.jpg

Hope this is helpful! :)

Last edited:

Kalibano

Kali's Tips for gear tetris

I learned about this website just recently from @niknight and it's really great, so sharing:
Tip 2. DDO gear planner at Netlify (click me)

You can enter a specific enhancement you are after (e.g. seeker)...
Gear-planner-on-Netlify-1.jpg

and it brings up the items that have that enhancement.

You can explore the options by item...

Gear-planner-on-Netlify-2.jpg

Gear-planner-on-Netlify-3.jpg

...or you can go straight to the specific bonus type you are after (e.g. insightful)
Gear-planner-on-Netlify-4.jpg

Gear-planner-on-Netlify-5.jpg

Clicking on an item from the list above takes you to DDOWiki, which is really useful.

Hope everyone finds this useful too!

Last edited:

Kalibano

Higher values for Dino artefact bonuses added (as well as a few things here and there: e.g. AB charges from Vecna's augment)

Last edited:

Kalibano

Added Soulforged and Augment Sets to the 'Augm' tab (in case anyone finds it useful)

Last edited:

FVSHasBeenEvenMoreGutted

hey kali, just a quick suggestion: quiver should be epic quiver of alacrity because it gives insightful SA bonus (and don't need another item for that) and it gives less spell threat in case the melee in question uses dragon breath, machrotech spells, rune arm, etc

Kalibano

hey kali, just a quick suggestion: quiver should be epic quiver of alacrity because it gives insightful SA bonus (and don't need another item for that) and it gives less spell threat in case the melee in question uses dragon breath, machrotech spells, rune arm, etc
Hey there :)

Nice suggestion for sure, thanks for your contribution :)

I suppose some of the key reasons I chose not to for these 4 alts is because:
> It takes a bit of farming from a raid that is no longer run very often​
> The runes I manage to acquire are often saved for Epic Litanies to transform into augments​
> Insightful SA is already covered by another item that all 4 alts will share​
> It wouldn't work for my monk because of the concentration penalty​
> Not major but pally doesn't have quicken, and I do cast in combat (e.g. Prayer, healing): concentration penalty is fairly heavy​
Not everyone will have the same restrictions/issues of course. It sure sounds like a great alternative for others to consider too (y)

N.B. I have it on my Spellsinger Inquisitive, v nice indeed (as she uses quicken and did not have ins SA bonus in other items)

Last edited:

Kalibano

Set bonus breakdowns added under each gear set suggestion, to help give an overview of what is included.