Search results

1. axel15810

What Single Thing about DDO do you Hate the Most?

The population being way too spread out. There's too many servers.
  2. axel15810

DPS Too High: Was it my fault?

Probably both of you have some blame. If your DPS is pulling aggro constantly then slow down or atleast go stand beside the tank so you don't get others killed. And yes, put -threat gear on. At the same time the tank should be mashing shield toss and intim constantly to get aggro back. But more...
  3. axel15810

So This Xpack Giveaway Bug, Does It Alter the Year of the Dragon Calendar Schedule or Are We Shafted a Week of Opportunity to Claim Our Xpack?

I doubt they'll extend this month's giveaway to compensate, since the giveaway calendar is set and a week delay would mean delaying every other month this year. So they'd have to change the calendar completely unless the tech is there for the dragon to offer 2 rewards at the same time, which I...
  4. axel15810

Hey Tonquin!

Just dropping this, it's been mentioned before but haven't ever seen a comment by the devs. Please make all death timers disappear once a raid/quest completes. It would save a lot of dead time. Right now if someone dies 5 seconds before the boss goes down we all have to stand there for a minute...
  5. axel15810

Why is in-game voice chat volume so low?

Discord is pretty much mandatory for DDO nowadays if you want to voice chat with your party. It's sad that this is the case, but it is. If the devs can't fix the fail to connect to chat bug and improve the audio levels and quality of DDO's current built in voicechat SSG should just integrate...
  6. axel15810

An expansion giveaway does not equal a discovery elixir

For my answer to why, see the rest of that post. It's not perfectly reasonable.
  7. axel15810

An expansion giveaway does not equal a discovery elixir

My 2 cents - The elixir is obviously not meant to be equal compensation. It shouldn't be looked at from that viewpoint. It's just a small thank you, it's not an attempt at equal compensation for a previous purchase. It's unreasonable to expect that. Also - even if you want to view it that way...
  8. axel15810

Best expansion package

IoD is the best choice for most. Newest, most expensive, best gear overall atm of these choices and least likely to go on a deep discount sale. I'd only advise picking feywild or saltmarsh if you have specific gearing reasons for it. But even then, wait and get those on sale. MoTU, Shadowfell...
  9. axel15810

Thought Exercise: Player Kills

In deathwyrm the best way is to have their character go to the 1st room and stand in the light beam.
  10. axel15810

what is going on with the Good Hope Spell?

This. The DL aura is higher value but does not stack with good hope so will override, so it so it'll tick on and off of your character as you go in and out of range of the DL aura.
  11. axel15810

I am considering building a tank on one of my lowlife alts. What builds make sense today, and where can I learn DDO-specific tanking tactics?

I recently used an LR + 0 to turn a 1st life pure human pally THF build character I was doing nothing with from HC season 5 into a tank. Am tanking R10 legendary quests with it and it does just fine. Tanked Hard endgame raids and as a 2nd tank in an R2 PN no problem. Haven't tried any higher...
  12. axel15810

DDOCast A DDO Podcast Episode 707

Good episode. I really want to see completely new puzzles in the next expansion, and not reusing/modification of existing ones. One of my biggest hopes for it. It's well worth the extra dev time, there's in my opinion way too much reusing of already existing puzzle types in DDO. Doing that...
  13. axel15810

Extra Boxes

Both of these would be amazing but from past dev comments they seem unlikely to ever happen because of how the game is coded/technical hurdles. Game doesn't play nice with those things being in bags. It's too bad because I'd galmour/buy a lot more cosmetics if I had a place to store them.
  14. axel15810

How Many Curse Cleanser Cards have you found?

IMO they shouldn't sell them in the DDO store but they should sell them in game for platinum. Or make them reasonably attainable in game - maybe as a guaranteed saga reward or for turning in collectibles or ingredients. Don't like the idea of crafting being paywalled to the degree it would be if...
  15. axel15810

Lack of sound

I use 1 monitor and get this issue occasionally. Windows 11, 64 bit client.
  16. axel15810

How Many Curse Cleanser Cards have you found?

Found 1. Was in an Elite Fall of Truth side chest.
  17. axel15810

How to fix disconnection from chat?

Use discord. Or wait and hope it reconnects. It's unfortunate this bug was never fixed.
  18. axel15810

Axelcast #4 - VIP Program Changes, New Slice of Life Quests/Loot and Dragon Lord

Thanks to @KozyBean, @Nimvind and @Draculetta for joining me for this episode! Timestamps: 0:00 Introductions 3:28 New VIP Program 1:11:38 Slice of Life Quests 1:20:03 Slice of Life Loot 1:25:06 Dragon Lord
  19. axel15810

Myth Drannor Poll: What do YOU want to see?

What I want most is the content design in regards to gameplay to break out of the predictable pattern we've seen in recent expansions and and be more creative and way less conservative. Mainly we need new gameplay mechanics, things that make us play DDO differently. Story, monsters and quests...