Search results

1. D

We need Melee strong again. Vote yes or no

Laws of physics. Ranged comes with the price of transport. Melee always offered greater firepower, on the spot. the amount of power I can put into a spear charge, with my weight behind it, vs. the amount of power left in a thrown spear, at 30 yards, is greater. My plane can't carry as many...
  2. D

How powerful is Destruction on weapons.

In a different thread, I learned that stat damage got nerfed, so it wasn't as effective. Stuff like -1 to Constitution or Strength, ect. I would assume Destruction still has value, dropping AC. So, I wonder if it is worth focusing on? My specific situation is about daggers. I am a 16th lvl...
  3. D

I'm a first life, can someone explain imbue dice and imbue toggles?

Hi, so it starts with every class (except fighters?) has something in their enhancement trees to add some kind of damage effect, that is similar to the elemental damage that weapons will have (like 1d6 cold damage). As an Rogue, in my Assassin tree I can add poison. 1d4/1d6/1d8 levels of damage...
  4. D

Is there a good assassin rogue guide around?

I am new to the game, but have only been playing rogue assassins, and what I discovered is the importance of not moving. You can sneak up to a group of 4 to 6, move behind them, and assassinate the back 2. Wait. Don't move. re-proc Assassinate and repeat. As long as you don't move, they don't...
  5. D

Problem with the Great Tree. Won't finish. Timer ran out and????

Correct. Timer ran out. No flash, no chests, no finish button. I later went and did The Winery quest in Ravenloft and the talisman that is supposed to be in the family quarters, was nowhere to be found. Bad day for bugs, I guess.
  6. D

Problem with the Great Tree. Won't finish. Timer ran out and????

Is this a bug, or me. Did The Great Tree. No trees died. Got to 2250 points. 5 stars. Timer ran out and ...... I ran around for about 5 minutes, looking for something I missed. Didn't find anything. Finally released because I had to go. Am I missing something, or just a bug? Thanks
  7. D

Need tips and advice - new player

Welcome to the game. I am going to answer your question in a couple of ways. Focusing on gear, there are a few categories. General loot can be good and have multiple bonus's associated with them. Like +2 sword with 2d6 Acid. Then there Crafted gear, that you will need to delve deeply into the...
  8. D

Need Help How to Complete Sealed in Amber Draw Strahd's Attention optional

OK, I have the solution and a walk through. Thanks for everyone's input. So, the direct question's answer is: Each Amber coffin is worth 5 points. You have to take the buff, to get the points. Most of the doors on the east and west wings of the lower level contain rooms with 3 coffins...
  9. D

I avoided the collapsed floor. I didn't realize there was anything down there. That is probably what I am missing. Great tip!
  10. D

I looked over the Map and didn't see that I had missed any rooms, but I will re-run and re-check. My question came from the wiki that mentions that there aren't 100 of them, and you had to re-touch them, or something, it isn't really clear. So I didn't know if I just wasn't touching them...
  11. D

New player thoughts and suggestions. Leveling and Weapons

I didn't know Elite doesn't scale like the others. That is great gameplay information! Thanks!
  12. D

The old forum links are broken and Google can't find me the answer, so I hope someone here knows. I just re-ran the quest and clicked on every amber coffin I could find, and re-clicked on all of them. I got up to 85 but can't find the last 15. Help?!?! Thanks
  13. D

New player thoughts and suggestions. Leveling and Weapons

I am a semi experienced newbie. I posted several questions about gameplay, but they are kind of lost after the forum change. So I am going to share a couple of the tips I got, and things I think I understand. My perspective is playing Solo. One of the biggest things I didn't understand, at...
  14. D

Nibbles is missing in Good Intentions

Thanks for the tip. I will never know. I did swim under the bridge, one time, and didn't seen anything, but I wasn't deep diving. But then I re-ran the quest and saw him near the tavern, then he disappeared! I jumped in the water and he was standing on the bottom!!!!????
  15. D

Nibbles is missing in Good Intentions

Durk can't find Nibbles the squirrel and neither can I. I am farming Good Intentions for some gear and looked in all 3 usual places. The Park, around the wizard and golem, and in front of Goldscuttle's tavern. Searched all the nooks and crannies, then went and looked everywhere else. No Nibbles...