Any Bets On What Classes Will Get Next Archetypes?

Scrag

Anti/ or undead type pally
We have morninglords and scourges, both of which are anti undead.

An undead pally (deathknight) could be cool, but death knights from krynn had HUGE arcane capabilities. Its kinda like a pally/wiz pm or pally/wiz (in general).

Scrag

Palmaster was right there.
Yep for sure, but less bab, and no access to things like vanguard unless you split it out. Not having to split it out would be nice. dark pally or whatever -> vanguard/pm/(some other enh tree here depending on what you consider base).

I think dark hunter did a good job with the dark hunter tree, and dark apostate with the da tree.

FaustianBargain

Next archetype is for barbarian and will be based around wild shapes. Sadly I don't think it will be officially named bearbarian...
No no, I think you misread. It’s going to be focused on a low level quest giver allowing you to shift to fight with the proportionate strength and ferocity of Bearigan Enge.

songswrath

We have morninglords and scourges, both of which are anti undead.

An undead pally (deathknight) could be cool, but death knights from krynn had HUGE arcane capabilities. Its kinda like a pally/wiz pm or pally/wiz (in general).
I don't mean killer of dead I mean a anti pally like a death knight type

Scrag

I don't mean killer of dead I mean a anti pally like a death knight type
Yeah I would like one of those that didnt involve me tainting it with wiz.

The revenant monster line could be a way to justify it, since revenants are actually true neutral.

Personally, I’d like to see an offensive s&b fighter that didn’t suck. My vote is for Cavalier.

Now all that said, what I expect SSG to release is a kama monk.

Scrag

Personally, I’d like to see an offensive s&b fighter that didn’t suck. My vote is for Cavalier.

Now all that said, what I expect SSG to release is a kama monk.
Waaaaait a minute. I have a s&b pally that looks to not suck at all. I mean, I have ignition and the vecna shield so... But still.

Vox

How about an alchemist archetype based on Dr Jekyll & Mr Hide? (IDK if there is an appropriate PnP sourcebook approximation), one that significantly boosts physical characteristics & maybe at a price? + STR/DEX/CON - INT/WIS/CHA, + movement & attack speed, +%hp, -% everything each time buff expires or something.

Svirfneblin

Fighter Samauri with katana

Monk nunchucker. Melee bludgeoning flexible weapon, single or dual wield. And ranged holy woman thrower.

voenixa121

I hope we won't get anymore egdy archetypes. We are the heroes, I am hoping for something like arcane trickster (rogue), wild mage (sorcerer) or diviner (wizard).

nym_craian

Hi!
like arcane trickster (rogue), wild mage (sorcerer)
& maybe:
Would prefer a whole new class - the psionic-based class, Psion.

1. Mystic Trickster short version (Read more: https://sites.google.com/view/myddo/archetype/mystic-trickster)

Enhancement tree: Mystic Trickster, Assassin, Mechanik <Lose: Thief Acrobat>

Core

Core 1 - Mystic Trickster (Passive)
You build a Soul Energy (SE) each time you damage enemies with a weapon attack (up to a maximum of 10). Dying resets your SE to zero. You use those SE to activate the abilities in the Trickster tree. Each Core Ability you acquire after this one increase the maximum SE with 10.​
AP Cost: 1 / Ranks: 1 / Progression: 0 / Requires: Rogue level 1

Core 2 - Mage Hand
Mage Hand (Active)​
You can manipulate objects within a distance of rogue level meters. You can open a door, pull a lever, looting a chest,...​
Using this ability does not break stealth and invisibility.​
Activation Cost 2 SE, Cooldown 5 second.​
Passive: Grants a +2 to UMD checks related to scroll & wand use, and all scrolls & wands used by the rouge have their caster levels increased by 1, and is capped by the rogue's Intelligence Bonus.​
AP Cost: 1 / Ranks: 1 / Progression: 5 / Requires: Rogue level 3

Core 3 - Exceptional Energy (Passive)
Your critical hit/sneak attack charge 2 SE, your vorpal hit charges 5 SE.​
Gain Insightful Reflexes feat.​
AP Cost: 1 / Ranks: 1 / Progression: 10 / Requires: Rogue level 6

Core 4 - Improved Mage Hand (Passive)
Improved Mage Hand
Now you can diseable a trap or open a lock (but if you roll a 1 on the skill test you lose all SE & break all active Self Focus, as drawback); additional you can set up a crafted trap in mage hand distance.​
Grants +4 to UMD checks related to scroll and wand use, and all scrolls and wands used by the rouge have their caster levels increased by 2, and is capped by the rogue's Intelligence Bonus.​
AP Cost: 1 / Ranks: 1 / Progression: 20 / Requires: Rogue level 12

Core 5 - The Fifth Trick (Active)
Add a fifth level slott to Book of the Mind.​
Activation Cost: 10 SE, Cooldown: 15 seconds​
AP Cost: 1 / Ranks: 1 / Progression: 30 / Requires: Rogue level 18

Core 6 - Master Trickster (Passive/Active)
Passive:​
+4 to Intelligence;​
+15 max SE (sum 75);​
Grants +6 to UMD checks related to scroll and wand use, and all scrolls & wands used by the rogue have their caster levels increased by 3, and is capped by the rogue's Intelligence Bonus.​
Delayed Magic (Active)​
Cost: 15 SE​
Cooldown: 30 second​
You will be able to place a spell from an equipped scroll in your place as a Spell Ward (~3 sec motion). The spell placed in this way is activated only when an opponent comes close to it.​
Placing the Spell Ward requires any scroll and a successful UMD test, other materials are not necessary. Whether the UMD test was successful or failed the scroll is destroyed and you loss the SE cost.​
The caster of the spell is the trap. Spell Ward DC is equal with Trick DC and damage scalling with Mystical Power (before deducting the cost).​
AP Cost: 1 / Ranks: 1 / Progression: 40 / Requires: Rogue level 20

Tier 1

Energy Strike I (Active)
Cost: 3 SE​
Cooldown: 6 second (separate)​
You charge your weapon with SE and inflict additional energy damage - equal with current SE (before deducting the cost) * mainhand weapon [W] - to target. This damage scales with Melee/Ranged Power. On critical scalles with weapon critical multipler.​
Note: The energy is released on hit, if you miss the target, it lasts until the first hit. Granting the effect to the Double Strike/Shot & Offhand attacks.​
Select one of the energy type: Physical*, Force**, Acid, Cold, Electrict, Fire, Poison.​
AP Cost: 1 / Ranks: 1 / Progression: 1 / Requires: none

Self Focus - Knowledge (Toggle)
Cost: 10 SE & Maintenance cost: 10 from max SE​
Cooldown: 10 sec​
(Maintenance cost reduces the maximum while active, toggle off does not recharge the SE!)​
Grant 1+one-third Rogue level (max 7) Insight bonus to all skill.​
AP Cost: 2/ Ranks: 1/ Progression: 1 / Requires: none

First Trick (Active)
You gain Book of the Mind with 2 first level slott and Memorization feat.​
Spell use Cost 2 SE, Cooldown 4 second​
Spells damage scales with 200% Mystical Power.​
Memorization feat is variant of the Inscribe Scroll feat without Inscription material use. To memorize a scroll a successful UMD is required. Whether the UMD test is successful or not, the scroll is destroyed. After resting (as preparable spells), you can empty the memorized spell slot and memorize another spell from a scroll.​
AP Cost: 2 / Ranks: 1 / Progression: 1 / Requires: none

Accumulated Energy I (Passive)
Your collected energy strengthens you. Your attack increase with current SE/10 (rounded down - max 7).​
AP Cost: 2 / Ranks: 1 / Progression: 1/ Requires: none

Wand and Scroll Mastery (Passive)
+[25/50/75]% damage and healing of your wands, scrolls, and other items that cast spells. Adds +[1/2/3] to the save DC's of your offensive wands.​
Taking Wand and Scroll Mastery in one enhancement tree will block its availability in other enhancement trees.​
AP Cost: 1 / Ranks: 3 / Progression: 1 / Requires: none

Tier 2

Energy Strike II (Active)
Select one another energy type.​
AP Cost: 1 / Ranks: 1 / Progression: 5 / Requires: Energy Strike I

Self Focus - Acrobatism (Toggle)
Cost: 10 SE & Maintenance cost: 10 from max SE​
Grant half Rogue level% (max 10%, this bonus stack with other source) to movement speed and 1+one-third Rogue level Insight bonus to Dodge (max 7%, this bonus ignore dodge cap).​
AP Cost: 2 / Ranks: 1 / Progression: 5 / Requires: Knowledge

<empty>

Accumulated Energy II
(Passive)
Your collected energy will further strengthen you. Your AC increase with current SE/10 (rounded down - max 7).​
AP Cost: 2 / Ranks: 1 / Progression: 5 / Requires: Accumulated Energy I

Exceptional Traning (Passive)
Choose a feat: Insightful Fortitude or Insightful Courage​
AP Cost: 2 / Ranks: 1 / Progression: 5 / Requires: none

Tier 3

Energy Strike III (Active)
AP Cost: 1 / Ranks: 1 / Progression: 10 / Requires: Energy Strike II

Self Focus - Mystic Protection (Toggle)
Cost: 15 SE & Maintenance cost: 15 from max SE​
Grant 1+one-third Rogue level (max 7) Insight bonus to AC and energy resistance against Acid, Cold, Electric, Fire and Sonic damage.​
AP Cost: 2 / Ranks: 1 / Progression: 10 / Requires: Acrobatism

Second Trick (Active)
Add 2 second level slott to Book of the Mind.​
Spell use Cost 4 SE, Cooldown 6 second,​
AP Cost: 2 / Ranks: 1 / Progression: 10 / Requires: First Trick

Accumulated Energy III (Passive)
Your collected energy will further strengthen you. Your Melee/Ranged power increase with current SE/5 (rounded down - max 15).​
AP Cost: 2 / Ranks: 1 / Progression: 10 / Requires: Accumulated Energy II

Intelligence I (Passive)
+1 to Intelligence​
AP Cost: 2 / Ranks: 1 / Progression: 10 / Requires: none

Tier 4

Energy Strike IV (Active)
AP Cost: 1 / Ranks: 1 / Progression: 20 / Requires: Energy Strike III

Self Focus - Ghost (Toggle)
Cost: 20 SE & Maintenance cost: 20 from max SE​
Grant Rogue level% (max 20%) to Incorporeality and Concealment. When hit or missed in combat, you have rogue level% (max 20%) chance you will reactively turn invisible for 6 second.​
AP Cost: 2 / Ranks: 1 / Progression: 20 / Requires: Mystical Protection

Third Trick (Active)
Add 2 third level slott to Book of the Mind.​
Spell use Cost 6 SE, Cooldown 8 second​
AP Cost: 2 / Ranks: 1 / Progression: 20 / Requires: Second Trick

Accumulated Energy IV (Passive)
Your collected energy will further strengthen you. Your PRR/MRR increase with current SE/5 (rounded down - max 15).​
AP Cost: 2 / Ranks: 1 / Progression: 20 / Requires: Accumulated Energy III

Intelligence II (Passive)
+1 to Intelligence​
AP Cost: 2 / Ranks: 1 / Progression: 20 / Requires: Intelligence I

Tier 5

Mystic Curse
(Active)
Cost 10 SE​
Range 30 meter​
Duration: 10 + Rogue level seconds​
Cooldown 30 second​
You curse your target. Cursed target lose all immunity (fire, cold,... mental effects, sneak attack,...) for duration.​
A successful Will saving throw vs Trick DC weakens the curse to current SE/10 (rounded down - max 7) stack of vulnerability, but the immunities remain.​
If your target rolls a 20 on their saving throw, the curse is reversed on you and you have no chance to save.​
AP Cost: 2 / Ranks: 1 / Progression: 30 / Requires: Energy Strike IV

Self Focus - Mystical Killer (Toggle)
Cost: 20 SE & Maintenance cost: 20 from max SE​
Grant half Rogue level% Insight bonus to Doublestrike and Doubleshot (max 10%), and +1 Insight bonus to Critical Threat Range and Critical Multiplier .​
AP Cost: 2 / Ranks: 1 / Progression: 30 / Requires: Ghost

Fourth Trick (Active)
Add 2 fourth level slott to Book of the Mind.​
Spell use Cost 8 SE, Cooldown 10 second​
AP Cost: 2 / Ranks: 1 / Progression: 30 / Requires: Third Trick

Accumulated Energy V (Passive)
Your collected energy will further strengthen you. Gain current SE/10 bonus to Assassinate DC (rounded down - max 7).​
AP Cost: 2 / Ranks: 1 / Progression: 20 / Requires: Accumulated Energy IV

Spell Thief (Passive/Active)
Passive:
You have a current SE% chance to steal a spell or magical effect that affects you (The spell will disappear and have no effect.). If you already have a stored spell, you cannot steal another one.​
Active:
You can cast the stored spell at any time at no cost. DC equal with Trick DC and damage scalling with Mystical Power.​
AP Cost: 2 / Ranks: 1 / Progression: 30 / Requires: none

Scrag

2033955139h.webp

nym_craian

2. Wild Mage short version (Read more: https://sites.google.com/view/myddo/archetype/wild-mage-v2)
Wild or blood mage.
like arcane trickster (rogue), wild mage (sorcerer)
Enhancements trees: Wild Mage, Sorcerer Eldritch Knight, Soul Eater <Lose all Savant trees>

Core

Core 1 - Chaos Born
Each enhancement point spent in tree grants +1 USP.​
+1% chance to critically hit and 3% spell critical damage with your spells for each core ability you take in this tree.​
AP Cost: 1 / Ranks: 1 / Progression: 0 / Requires: Sorcerer level 1

Core 2 - External Origin
Chaos magic effect count as Eldritch attack.​
AP Cost: 1 / Ranks: 1 / Progression: 5 / Requires: Chaos Born, Sorcerer level 3

Core 3 - Confusion
SLA - Confusion (Enchantment)​
Cost: 10 Sp​
Cooldown: 10 seconds.​
(Metamagic: Quicken, Heighten, Enlarge. Spell Resistance: Yes)​
Confused monsters attack and are attacked by both monster characters and player characters.​
AP Cost: 1 / Ranks: 1 / Progression: 10 / Requires: External Origin, Sorcerer level 6

Core 4 - Chaos Shield
Your attacker have 5% chance to confuse for 6 seconds. (Bosses immune)​
AP Cost: 1 / Ranks: 1 / Progression: 20 / Requires: Confusion, Sorcerer level 12

Core 5 - Mass Confusion
SLA - Mass Confusion (Enchantment)​
Cost: 50 Sp​
Cooldown: 60 seconds.​
(Metamagic: Quicken, Heighten, Enlarge. Spell Resistance: Yes)​
A group of non-boss monsters each become confused on a failed Will saving throw.​
AP Cost: 1 / Ranks: 1 / Progression: 30 / Requires: Feigned Health, Sorcerer level 18

Core 6 - True Chaos
+2 Charisma​
+2% chance to critically hit with your spells. (sum 10%)​
+12% Spell Critical Damage (sum 30%)​
Increase your Chaos Magic chance with additional 2%. (sum 10%)​
Greater Wild Cast: You cast random 6th-9th level sorcerer spell as SLA. 30 SP, 3 minute cooldown.​
AP Cost: 1 / Ranks: 1 / Progression: 40 / Requires: Mass Confusion, Sorcerer level 20

Tier 1

Wild Cast I (active)
You just release your magical power, but you don't know what will become of it.​
You cast random 1st level sorcerer spell as SLA. 3 SP, 4 second cooldown.​

Chaotic Energy (passive)
You gain 3 random type spell power per core number for 6 second, once per 15 second.​

Chaos Magic I (passive)
Your offensive spells have a core number% chance to deal 1d3+3 Chaotic damage per core number. This damage scales with Align Spell Power.​

-empty-

Skill Focus
(passive)
You are versatile and can excel at virtually any skill (equal with Skill Focus from Human tree).​
AP Cost: 1 / Ranks: 3 / Progression: 1 / Requires: none

Tier 2

Wild Cast II (active)
You cast random 2nd level sorcerer spell as SLA. 4 SP, 6 second cooldown.​
AP Cost: 2 / Ranks: 1 / Progression: 5 / Requires: Wild Cast I

Chaotic Renewing (Passive)
When you cast spells on yourself or allies, have Chaos Magic% chance to regain 1d3+3 hitpoints per core number.​
AP Cost: 2 / Ranks: 1 / Progression: 5 / Requires: none

Chaos Magic II (passive)
Your offensive spells have a core number% chance to deal 1d3+3 extra damage per core number of a random [acid/cold/electric/fire] type. This damage scales with that type's Spell Power.​
AP Cost: 2 / Ranks: 1 / Progression: 5 / Requires: Chaos Magic I

Wand and Scroll Mastery (passive)
+[25/50/75] to the effectiveness of your wands, scrolls, and other items that cast spells. Taking Wand and Scroll Mastery in one enhancement tree will block its availability in other enhancement trees.​
AP Cost: 1 / Ranks: 3 / Progression: 5 / Requires: none

Chaotic Life Path (Passive)
The chosen skills are class skills for you.​
AP Cost: 2 / Ranks: 1 / Progression: 5 / Requires: Skill Focus

Tier 3

Wild Cast III (active)
You cast random 3rd level sorcerer spell as SLA. 6 SP, 8 second cooldown.​
AP Cost: 2 / Ranks: 1 / Progression: 10 / Requires: Wild Cast II

Instability
Your Chaos Magic (Eldritch Blast), Melee and Ranged attacks reduce the Reflex saving throw of the target by -1 for 6 seconds. The effect stacks up to 4 times.​
AP Cost: 1 / Ranks: 1 / Progression: 10 / Requires: none

Chaos Magic III (passive)
Your offensive spells have a core number% chance to deal 1d3+3 extra damage per core number of a random [sonic/force/poison] type. This damage scales with that type's Spell Power.​
AP Cost: 2 / Ranks: 1 / Progression: 10 / Requires: Chaos Magic II

Greater Color Spray - SLA. [10/5/2] Spell Points. Cooldown: 8 seconds.
Enemies are sprayed with illusions of color, and must make a Will save or be Dazed, Blinded, and/or Silenced. The target must make a saving throw for each effect. DC: 17 + Charisma Modifier + Illusion DC bonus.​
AP Cost: 1 / Ranks: 3 / Progression: 10 / Requires: none

Charisma I. (passive)
+1 to Charisma​
AP Cost: 2 / Ranks: 1 / Progression: 10 / Requires: any Origin feat

Tier 4

Wild Cast IV (active)
You cast random 4th level sorcerer spell as SLA. 8 SP, 10 second cooldown.​
AP Cost: 2 / Ranks: 1 / Progression: 20 / Requires: Wild Cast III

Mindwrack
Your Chaos Magic (Eldritch Blast), Melee and Ranged attacks reduce the Will saving throw of the target by -1 for 6 seconds. The effect stacks up to 4 times.​
AP Cost: 1 / Ranks: 1 / Progression: 20 / Requires: none

Chaos Magic IV (passive)
Your offensive spells have a core number% chance to deal 1d3+3 extra damage per core number of a random [light/negative/rust] type. This damage scales with that type's Spell Power.​
AP Cost: 2 / Ranks: 1 / Progression: 20 / Requires: Chaos Magic III

Chaos Hammer - SLA. [13/10/7] spell points. Cooldown: [20/15/12] seconds
AP Cost: 1 / Ranks: 3 / Progression: 20 / Requires: Greater Color Spray from tier 3

Charisma II (passive)
+1 to Charisma.​
AP Cost: 2 / Ranks: 1 / Progression: 20 / Requires: Charisma I

Tier 5

Wild Cast V (active)
You cast random 5th level sorcerer spell as SLA. 12 SP, 15 second cooldown.​
AP Cost: 2 / Ranks: 1 / Progression: 30 / Requires: Wild Cast IV

Doubled Spell (passive)
You have a core number% chance that your wild magic spell casted twice at a time without additional SP cost.​
AP Cost: 2 / Ranks: 1 / Progression: 30 / Requires: Wild Cast V

Master of Chaos (passive)
Increase your Chaos Magic chance with 2%.​
AP Cost: 2 / Ranks: 1 / Progression: 30 / Requires: Chaos Magic I

Prismatic Spray - SLA. 25 SP, 15 second cooldown.
AP Cost: 2 / Ranks: 1 / Progression: 30 / Requires: Chaos Hammer from tier 4

Lucky (passive)
+3% chance to critically hit with your spells.​
AP Cost: 2 / Ranks: 1 / Progression: 30 / Requires: none

FuzzyDuck81

How about an alchemist archetype based on Dr Jekyll & Mr Hide? (IDK if there is an appropriate PnP sourcebook approximation), one that significantly boosts physical characteristics & maybe at a price? + STR/DEX/CON - INT/WIS/CHA, + movement & attack speed, +%hp, -% everything each time buff expires or something.
Could be interesting for sure, call it something like "monstrous experimentalist" (I'm bad with names, sorry) & have it mechanically function as a rage effect with it's own tree that gives a bunch of selectable buffs & effects plus the vile chemist tree & since there's a precedent for loaning trees from other classes as sacred fist has radiant servant, maybe add either ravager or frenzied berserker too. It'd have some interesting crossover potential with a number of other classes & races.