Black Friday Sales Have Arrived!

some_call_me_tim

The Enchanter
I took advantage of 85% off Masterminds of Sharn to buy the Ultimate bundle for less than $20 (I had the standard edition). Bought the trove for my alt account for $9. Fantastic!

Would like to upgrade my Fables of the Feywild to Ultimate from Collector's edition but alas only the newer expansions have a true upgrade option available and even at 60% off I don't think it is worth $52 to buy it 'from the ground up'.

Any chance Fables of the Feywild seeing a true 'upgrade' option?

Titus Ovid

Mover and Shaker
The content discount is the same as last year. That is kinda ... I mean, come on guys. Lame isn't even covering this.
Correction: Saltmarsh is 50% off instead of 25%. Still lame.

Lazuli

All the expansion sales are in the cash shop not the DDO point shop so even if you could see them they wouldn't be on discount there. But it's $9 for the trove, which is pretty decent IMO.
Only if you dont have any xpack. A returned guildie only miss ravenloft and it's not so good deal for him: ravenloft for him is more expensive than sharn although is an older xpack.

SSG should sell RL at reduced prize outside of bundle. It is a very old xpack for asking 2K points. And SSG should sell again the old packages for people who wants the bottle and tome.

Ellisaria

Only if you dont have any xpack. A returned guildie only miss ravenloft and it's not so good deal for him: ravenloft for him is more expensive than sharn although is an older xpack.

SSG should sell RL at reduced prize outside of bundle. It is a very old xpack for asking 2K points. And SSG should sell again the old packages for people who wants the bottle and tome.
I would not say no to the opportunity to get the Bottle of Mist and the tome either! :)

gravisrs

From DDO EU servers
The whole idea of Black Friday is to buy gifts in bulk for our relatives, friends etc.

How it's still not possible to buy expansion packs or DDO points as gifts?

I was popping back and fourth to the store, clearing inventory, etc. Got an error I had never seen, saying "too many requests, slow down". So I did... A few minutes later I tried again and got "401 Unauthorized" as the main store page.

Restarted and tried again. Same thing. Is the store down? Or is my system just borked?

EDIT - It was my system... It's fixed. Thx.

Last edited:

rabidfox

The People's Champion
I was popping back and fourth to the store, clearing inventory, etc. Got an error I had never seen, saying "too many requests, slow down". So I did... A few minutes later I tried again and got "401 Unauthorized" as the main store page.
Not seeing a 401 currently, but I have gotten that slow down message many times before.

Toon Tang

The content discount is the same as last year. That is kinda ... I mean, come on guys. Lame isn't even covering this.
Correction: Saltmarsh is 50% off instead of 25%. Still lame.
It's insulting to say the least.

Marketing 101. You don't add value to your items by overpricing them. That's even more true for "intellectual property". At least material goods have inherent value.

Triple bonus points never hurt anyone, for example. They just added sales you would never have gotten otherwise. But if you think you are cannibalizing your profits. That's fine. You'll never get the money of us cheapskates with that attitude.

Last edited: