Black Friday Sales Have Arrived!

I think this (new issue) is working as intended, but it's a profit-losing design. All of my mains are low level right now because of a round of TRs. But I wanted to grab the 35% off Tome of Epic Learning for one that I intend to run up to higher levels.
I thought the store was broken, since it was supposed to be for sale... My toon didn't have it. Yet I couldn't find it by any search I could come up with (including telling it to show me things I can't use... So that part at least is broken).

Anyway, I finally thought I should check with a high level... Sure enough, it won't sell it to my lvl 8 toon. (Some percent of your player base doesn't have this option. Shame for them.)

Suggest:
1) Let a guy buy this sort of thing from any toon at any level. Nobody needs it when they are lvl 32... It would be wise to eat at some point before level 20, so it just works when they get there.
2) Which of course raises the related suggestion, let people eat that tome whenever... People do this for their planned progression. No need to make them wait for lvl 20 just because it won't start working until then.

I did the research to confirm it was not bound to character and bought it with an alt. Which leads to the next suggestion:
3) Say in the description that it is bound to account on acquire, so people can feel comfortable buying from an alt without digging around google.

iamx

As a European customer, I must say that it is probably the last time I spent money on this game. The tax and conversion fee are just too high.

• Sad
Reactions: DBZ

Col Kurtz

so, my buddy got a gift type credit card > attached it to his account>and it wont let him buy the XPack (the $9 one)

it will let him buy points> is there still an issue for 3rd party credit cards not in the account holder's name? I thought that was just European players getting that issue?

and>WHY NOT PUT THOSE PACKS ON SALE FOR POINTS? ddo wont be getting 10,000 $9 dollar purchases, and almost everyone got those packs free with the code they previously released.

Panda

Rabble-Rouser
Anyone have issues trying to upgrade any expansion pass? I'm trying to get the ultimate fan bundle for Saltmarsh (the only one I don't have) and I get the following. I definitely do not have this already. Just the standard.

HGvpB2D.png

Misadventure

Killing everybody on Hardcore with pleasure.
The only black friday sale I can actually see in the store is travellers trunk.

Points sale says double, but its more like 90ish%, its not double. Also, there's no black friday sale.

Otto is at full price, no sale.

So bottom line is there's hardly anything that is a "black friday sale".

I spent my money on steam, too bad ddo.

Oh if you do not know, black friday sales is on quantity, not quality. Deep discounts like 30% 50% 75% to get people to buy this once a year season.

Also almost free giveaways like 95%, maybe for things like starter pack. Pretty sure you can activate it like otto just for the season.
This sort of thing will attract new players also which generates new revenue down the line.

The only black friday sale I can actually see in the store is travellers trunk.

Points sale says double, but its more like 90ish%, its not double. Also, there's no black friday sale.

Otto is at full price, no sale.

So bottom line is there's hardly anything that is a "black friday sale".

I spent my money on steam, too bad ddo.

Oh if you do not know, black friday sales is on quantity, not quality. Deep discounts like 30% 50% 75% to get people to buy this once a year season.

Also almost free giveaways like 95%, maybe for things like starter pack. Pretty sure you can activate it like otto just for the season.
This sort of thing will attract new players also which generates new revenue down the line.
You really don't pay attention then do you?

Points sale is Double BONUS Points, or did you happen to miss that?

Nothing was said that Otto's boxes were on sale, again you don't pay attention.

If you had bothered to look, you would have seen the stuff they advertised as being on sale, actually on sale, again not paying attention.

Last edited:

Misadventure

Killing everybody on Hardcore with pleasure.
You really don't pay attention then do you?

Points sale is Double BONUS Points, or did you happen to miss that?

Nothing was said that Otto's boxes were on sale, again you don't pay attention.

If you had bothered to look, you would have seen the stuff they advertised as being on sale, actually on sale, again not paying attention.
Hah, let see, my maths must have failed.

500 x 2 = 1000
1250 x 2 = 2500
2200 x 2 = 4400
3750 x2 = 7500
6250 x 2 = 12500
3350 x 2 (DOUBLE) = 25000

I see 21000 though? 4000 missing? Thats DOUBLE?

Look at traveler trunk, Its written there BLACK FRIDAY SALE.

Strange, I dont see anything else. The rest arent BLACK FRIDAY SALE, just normal weekly sales.

Thats strange, I just looked, maybe I havent bothered to look.

mordek

Now if only I could actually play the stuff I purchased with no Lag. This sale may have actually been worth my $$$. If SSG wanted to make more $$ maybe some of the staff over there might look into making this game a bit more playable then it is right now.

Ahpuch

Hah, let see, my maths must have failed.

500 x 2 = 1000
1250 x 2 = 2500
2200 x 2 = 4400
3750 x2 = 7500
6250 x 2 = 12500
3350 x 2 (DOUBLE) = 25000
Yep Maths (or Reading) fail. To be honest it is not well laid out and if you don't remember what the normal deal is it is hard to verify. DDO Wiki can help with that though: https://ddowiki.com/page/DDO_Point

1st Tier is 500 points + 100 bonus points. Double bonus means 500+ 200 = 700.
2nd Tier is 1250 + 350 bonus. Double bonus means 1250 + 700 = 1950
3rd Tier is 2200 + 950 bonus. Double bonus means 2200 + 1900 = 4100

SO the double points are there.

Strange, I dont see anything else. The rest arent BLACK FRIDAY SALE, just normal weekly sales.
You should see +8 Tomes @ 50% off. But you won't see them if you already have +8 tomes on all stats.

Mand O'Lin

Singer of Songs Drinker of Drinks
The whole idea of Black Friday is to buy gifts in bulk for our relatives, friends etc.

How it's still not possible to buy expansion packs or DDO points as gifts?
I thought the whole idea of Black Friday was for retailers to finally get their books in the black... as opposed to being in the red.

Yep Maths (or Reading) fail. To be honest it is not well laid out and if you don't remember what the normal deal is it is hard to verify. DDO Wiki can help with that though: https://ddowiki.com/page/DDO_Point

1st Tier is 500 points + 100 bonus points. Double bonus means 500+ 200 = 700.
2nd Tier is 1250 + 350 bonus. Double bonus means 1250 + 700 = 1950
3rd Tier is 2200 + 950 bonus. Double bonus means 2200 + 1900 = 4100

SO the double points are there.

You should see +8 Tomes @ 50% off. But you won't see them if you already have +8 tomes on all stats.
I'm thinking a Math and Reading fail.