Bombardier Cores and Tier 5

Unuys

The cores are giving +3 CL to 3 elements you can choose, and tier 5 gives another +2 CL to Red and Yellow spells...

but now the question: What does that even do if everything is capped at CL 20 anyway? Alchemist doesn't have access to any MCL increases. You can decide to spend 2 feats to gain +1 MCL but Druids (+9 MCL in total) and Sorcs (+3 MCL in total) gain them from their trees.

Anyone knows what's up with that?

Dandonk

This is not the title you're looking for
Only thing I can think of is Master of Spellvials, but that seems a pretty limited feat if it is in fact only the regular spellvial lvl 1 spells it affects (apart from Elemental Obliteration, anyway).

I haven't played an alch in quite a while, though, so I don't really know how that feat works in practice.

Unuys

Only thing I can think of is Master of Spellvials, but that seems a pretty limited feat if it is in fact only the regular spellvial lvl 1 spells it affects (apart from Elemental Obliteration, anyway).

I haven't played an alch in quite a while, though, so I don't really know how that feat works in practice.
Sadly that's not true because both Vials and Elemental Obliterations are MCL 10 -> so MCL 20 with the Master of Spellvials which means CL from the tree are still completely useless once you are lvl 20.

Alchemist gets +5 CL in their tree but literally +0 MCL, it really is just good for lvling and once you are lvl 20 it's completely useless

Dandonk

This is not the title you're looking for
Sadly that's not true because both Vials and Elemental Obliterations are MCL 10 -> so MCL 20 with the Master of Spellvials which means CL from the tree are still completely useless once you are lvl 20.

Alchemist gets +5 CL in their tree but literally +0 MCL, it really is just good for lvling and once you are lvl 20 it's completely useless
Ah, that's good to know, thanks. As I said, I haven't played one in quite a while.

Yay for pointless bonuses....

Kimbere

Is this balance code for SALT
More like:
QYLTZAj.png

Unuys

What I don't understand is Druids ending up at MCL 34 with their spells and Sorcs at MCL 29 and alchemist is chilling at 27 after spending 2 feats. Lol

Reactions: DBZ

Unuys

Even Wizard's Archmage Enhancement tree has +2 MCL in there.

Maybe it's time to change Tier 5 "Augmentation" in the Bombardier tree from "+2 Caster Levels with Crimsonite and Gildleaf spells." to -> "+2 Caster Levels and Max Caster Levels with Crimsonite and Gildleaf spells."?

@ Tonquin

Striga

Maybe it's time to change Tier 5 "Augmentation" in the Bombardier tree from "+2 Caster Levels with Crimsonite and Gildleaf spells." to -> "+2 Caster Levels and Max Caster Levels with Crimsonite and Gildleaf spells."?
Maybe, but are Alchemists in a bad shape? Do they need help?

rabidfox

The People's Champion
I've leveled multiple first lifers in meh gear doing r1's (mostly solo to test them out) lately. 1 through 31 on easy difficulties isn't a good judge of how classes nor builds scale when things are set to hard modes.

Unuys

Is this about the performance at level 32 or during the remaining 31 levels of the game?
You are asking the wrong question. I am comparing enhancement trees of nukers who are in a really bad spot in endgame content (=high reapers and raids). Level 1 to 31 is not of discussion here, because you can play everything you want on EE or r1 difficulty and have no problem at all.

-> and what we found out is that nuker trees usually have some form of MCL increase while Alchemists get left out for no reason. Changing the tier 5 "Augmentation" to +2 MCL/CL instead of only +2 CL would already solve this problem completely and I am hoping one of the devs sees this and considers this