DDO is celebrating the Year of the Dragon

Uska

Founder
Kobolds are dragons. So obviously the mount should be us getting a piggyback ride on one. "Kobold never forget that time you gave me a piggyback ride, now it's your turn."
Her8gBR.jpeg
In classic d&d they were canine's related to Gnolls and in my world they still are

Tolero

DDO Producer
So will the Archetypes not be free if you don't collect them within the month?
Correct, you need to claim them within the month, afterwhich those Archetypes will not be free. Also for clarity, they will be free to VIPs after that month, but if a VIP claims them during that month it's permanently on the account thereafter (same as what happens if you use the Free Quest coupon on your VIP account for quest packs essentially).

Gyuma Bei

Is the Dragon Disciple a Wizard Archetype? Based on the 3.5E Prestige Class, that seems to be the most likely class to get it (with Wizard the only one remaining of the 4 default classes without an archetype, it seems the most likely).

MysticDragon___Littlemama

Since 2007 "We're supposed to know stuff??"
Nice list of goodies, thankyou!!
Will the wings and footprints be only temporary, or bound to account somehow??? ( or to be picked up in hall of heroes like HC rewards each life? )

canicus

Correct, you need to claim them within the month, afterwhich those Archetypes will not be free. Also for clarity, they will be free to VIPs after that month, but if a VIP claims them during that month it's permanently on the account thereafter (same as what happens if you use the Free Quest coupon on your VIP account for quest packs essentially).
Thanks for the clarification.

SpartanKiller13

Can we like call the bonuses one month different? The 28th of February drop is a March feature. The 27th of March is an April feature.

Calling Dragonlord a February feature just feels sus, like it's February right now and no Dragonlord, and I won't until the last day of February (unless I'm busy for literally one day, in which case I won't even touch it in the month of release).

Sheikra

Can we like call the bonuses one month different? The 28th of February drop is a March feature. The 27th of March is an April feature.

Calling Dragonlord a February feature just feels sus, like it's February right now and no Dragonlord, and I won't until the last day of February (unless I'm busy for literally one day, in which case I won't even touch it in the month of release).
^^ except February has 29 days this year but the point is valid

SpartanKiller13

^^ except February has 29 days this year but the point is valid
We uh can't all play every day of the week XD

I did notice that, but even so it's 1.5 days of it for the most active players (given they generally update during the day, like during a Wednesday server restart).

Speed

Is the Dragon Disciple a Wizard Archetype? Based on the 3.5E Prestige Class, that seems to be the most likely class to get it (with Wizard the only one remaining of the 4 default classes without an archetype, it seems the most likely).

I do not think so.
More like Sorcerer (or Bard) - "Ability to cast arcane spells without preparation".

Erork07

I really appreciate all the free stuff of loot and cosmetics with this year of the dragon event. But I'm a bit disappointed.

I personally don't value cosmetics and in game loot as highly as I do with playable content like: archetypes, dungeons, raids, etc.
with that being said, I feel like there is a lack of new and exciting playable content promised this year, considering hardcore is being put on hold.