DDO is celebrating the Year of the Dragon

Ellisaria

Do you know what would be an AWESOME™ gift for the Year of the Dragon?

Dragonborn SWIMMING like snakes/fish, not humans!

I'd love to see Dragonborn swim with their arms back and still, and just see their tail propelling them. It would have to be a totally different motion, but it would look so cool!

b5pBtN.gif
If only dragonborne had tails in this game :(

FaceDancer

Olde Wurm
Well you should be able to "win" one of the Sentient Dragon Jewels during the anniversary event which should happening in the next week or so???

Dunspartacus

All of this looks pretty great, coupled with the anniversary got quite a bit to look forward to! That said I'm also kinda sad it looks like the VIP thing is being kicked down the road yet again, do we have an estimated date of when we'll see that since it doesn't look like it will actually be Q1? Will it be when the gold rolls end, or will there be another gap of silence? Regardless I'm still overall pretty hyped!

FaceDancer

Olde Wurm
That said I'm also kinda sad it looks like the VIP thing is being kicked down the road yet again, do we have an estimated date of when we'll see that since it doesn't look like it will actually be Q1? Will it be when the gold rolls end, or will there be another gap of silence?

I really hope it doesn't get kicked down the road (again!!!) It is at the end of the list on 1st. quarter, so maybe sometime in April?

GrayJedi AntiProPaladin

Well so it's Free for 1 month only per thing ...after that then presumably gotta buy things for good amount of DDO points e.g. both archetypes, etc, and if available later the dragon mounts & pets similar to current horse mounts and other pets

Brasidas

Producers letter says VIP update Q1. Year of dragon gives us 1 months daily gold rolls. You say VIP update information later this year. How about we get the VIP promised and stop the delays.
"Later this year" could mean later in February or March - both of which are Q1. So no contradiction.

The list of free stuff for Year of the Dragon is purely a list of the dragon-themed freebies that we are getting, not a comprehensive list of everything that is happening in DDO this year.

Lazuli

"Later this year" could mean later in February or March - both of which are Q1. So no contradiction.

The list of free stuff for Year of the Dragon is purely a list of the dragon-themed freebies that we are getting, not a comprehensive list of everything that is happening in DDO this year.
Considering they've been saying "soon" for several years, it's no wonder people are skeptical when they keep making very weak promises of "soon."

We've heard that "soon" thing many times, you know. If at this point they are not able to give an exact date...