DDO unavailable: Saturday March 30th

Scrag

What Did You Do During The Great Outage:

This is a great for posting here!!

I went to NY for 2 days to do in person tabletop with my friends, using dwarven forge terrain, watched Godzilla x Kong and had dinner with my wife and daughter, generally chilled with them. Seeing as I have not actually met in person my friends in NY for many years, this was an excellent event!

Traumata

The only thing I would like is better communication on when the servers MIGHT be back up. If there is a hardware problem and they need replacement parts to get things back up, SAY THAT! Tell us on Saturday night or Sunday morning, “We are experiencing hardware problems and do not anticipate the servers reopening prior to (Tuesday???)…

Dogbreath68

I burned through this on day 1 of the server crash.
On day 2 I burned through most of Warrior.
Hopefully by the time the server is up I will have finished Warrior and can get back to the game.
Thank you for your input! Now I will have to look up Warrior :).

Kessaran

Ah it's nice to see people getting along again. Wouldn't be surprised if the servers were back up by lunchtime either now that someone is actually going to be working on the problem. It's gonna be a good day!

Dogbreath68

watched 3-body-problem, now on season 3 of vikings
Vikings is awesome! The fact that in the early 1300's they helped ferry the Templars fleeing France to Scotland and most likely the States. So much information and history on the Vikings! So interesting to me. I did a paper on the first banking systems, that was introduced by the Templars around the time during or after the first crusades in around 1118 a.d.. Although it is said that the grain banks of Babylonia was the first kind of a banking system that was later added upon by the Egyptians, the credit system was created to give travelers a way of moving without carrying their coins. I'm sorry, were we talking about Vikings?

Shardrena

The only thing I would like is better communication on when the servers MIGHT be back up. If there is a hardware problem and they need replacement parts to get things back up, SAY THAT! Tell us on Saturday night or Sunday morning, “We are experiencing hardware problems and do not anticipate the servers reopening prior to (Tuesday???)…

The problem with this is they don't have an ETA yet. They thought they had the problem licked after replacing the networking hardware, then found out "no, we don't". Last we know, the IT people were starting to check all the wires and cables to figure out where the current problem is. Which is something which apparently frequently takes a long time.