DDO unavailable: Saturday March 30th

rohmer

Ah it's nice to see people getting along again. Wouldn't be surprised if the servers were back up by lunchtime either now that someone is actually going to be working on the problem. It's gonna be a good day!
SHUTUPPA YO FACE! YOU'RE NOT MY REAL DAD!
:ROFLMAO:

Raine

I burned through this on day 1 of the server crash.
On day 2 I burned through most of Warrior.
Hopefully by the time the server is up I will have finished Warrior and can get back to the game.
Warrior is what I was watching while reading forums, too! Lol not a bad show

Shardrena

Refined a bit of silliness I did before. It's not a full parody cause I don't feel like going to the trouble for that, but I find it amusing. It's the tune of Fire and Rain, by James Taylor

I've seen fire and I've seen rain
I've seen Shin-To-Kors that I thought would never end
I've seen party quests where I could not find a friend
But I always thought I'd play DDO again
One more time again, now
Thought I'd play DDO one more time again
Just a few more quests to run into the ground, now
Thought I'd play DDO, thought I'd play DDO

Greyhawk5

Was Amorais
Got to say, what a really bad Easter for your support teams guys. That just sucks :(

Hope they get some thankyou eggs from the bosses.

Spikkel

At last able to login to the forum...

since the ddo servers suffered a horrible painful dead the day after good friday
I expect the resurrection today on easter monday

On a serious note:
why aren’t these ‘servers’ virtual servers instead of real hardware? Networking/any hardware should always be a provider problem (like AWS, Azure, DigitalOcean, …) Never a software vendor problem.
Would this be a VM (even without co-location) put it on another hypervisor. If its in another physical location, change the DNS records and boot it up. Not fun, but its real fast.

Arkat

Founder & Super Hero
So what's the disaster recovery plan if something happens to Cordo? Who is the mini-Cordo backup?
Backup??

That would require some sort of communications plan.

Speaking of which...

0PWcfOT.jpg