DDO unavailable: Saturday March 30th

Frantik

When does reality become information? Because either in 24 hours they have triaged literally nothing or the massive communication problem is exactly that.
You're confusing two things, but nevermind eh? SSG has a policy not to overtly communicate with its community. We see it now, but we saw it during the last updates when they nerfed epic strikes to MCL 20, nerfed a lot of caster epic destiny trees while at the same time bolstering ranged and, in general, melee. I won't start a rant on the immunity-stripping OP Dragonlord here :) SSG have never provided explanations or insight into their mid/long term strategies even though they must be fully aware of customer frustration on these subjects. That Cordovan posts only occasionally and with a minimum of information should come as no surprise.

PaleFox

So, we've been able to connect to the game servers but even with the secondary switch configuration we're running into issues connecting to the database hosts, and folks are taking another look at tracing cables and such. So, that's the current state of things this minute.

So, the lady that comes in on Saturdays to clean things up pulled a plug so she had power for the vacuum cleaner, and never plugged the original power line back in?

atJCOM_TO

Guild Ghallanda TAXES, am the guild leader
FYI the issues are also preventing me from reaching the messaging tool for the game launcher news feed, so we'll use the forums and social media for messaging for now.
have we ruled out an act of god? Freeky weekend

rabidfox

The People's Champion
That Cordovan posts only occasionally and with a minimum of information should come as no surprise.

SSG often under communicates compared to what players want, but in this case Cordo is off on a road trip (holiday weekend) and pulling over to post updates about the work going for DDO/LOTRO (this was over on LOTRO's forums).
qI6rFTz.png

songswrath

SSG often under communicates compared to what players want, but in this case Cordo is off on a road trip (holiday weekend) and pulling over to post updates about the work going for DDO/LOTRO (this was over on LOTRO's forums).
qI6rFTz.png
i respect that. way to go jerry

atJCOM_TO

Guild Ghallanda TAXES, am the guild leader
Oh please get a robot from X tesla some body, we'll get so much humor out of it.... 'ok who forgot to close AI cage....."

Shardrena

Redic.

The number of times there are outtages at cloud services can be counted on one hand

Really? Considering how often last year I've seen multiple different forums and sites down for hours to days because Cloud service used broke, again...

Mind you, I don't work in IT. I don't work at or run a data center or server rack. But a few of my IT stories, and why I am not panicking or nerdraging right now.

My dad has a rather nice space heater that he pulls out when it gets excessively cold (or the heater conks out for whatever reason) in winter. It's capable of warming up not just one room, but the entire downstairs area. But because of this, it puts out a lot of heat. And one time he had it pointing directly at my PS4. This lead to the PS4's hard drive overheating, and me having to do a factory reset and reinstalling everything to fix things. A process which took 3 days, even though there wasn't that much to reinstall at the time. I was not happy with him, and since then he's changed how he sets up the space heater so it's not pointing directly at any electronics from 2 or 3 feet away.

Multiple times last year I had to do a full reinstall of Windows on my desktop. Why? Because a power outage occurred while the PC was on, and each time this broke Windows to the point where it took a clean reinstall to fix things. A process which can take anywhere from 8 hours to 2 days. And that's not including time spent having to reinstall software and drivers. That can extend things out to 4 or 5 days of recovery.

As for claims of "I'm paying for VIP, I demand compensation for my 2 days of lost play time"... Entitled much? In my experience, when things go wrong server side for an MMO, things go really wrong, and it often takes several days to fix things. Updates and bugfix patches can break things to the point where you literally can't play for days as well. To the point where it's become a meme that various MMOs can't be played until 3 days of hotfixes have occurred after any major patch or content update. Haven't yet seen any real compensation offered due to such outages. Not even for games which require a monthly subscription fee to play.

WickedSloth

Cordo, any chance you can elaborate on whether or not we are safe from any (significant) rollbacks? If rollbacks are a possibility I could understand not saying anything until you folks are certain. On the other hand, if the server data is intact, and it's more of a connection issue, letting us know we are safe from rollbacks would go a long way to quell some customer anxiety. I for one rolled my perfect GoMF set combo on Wednesday after far to many threads spent, and I would love to know if I'm in the clear.

In either case, thanks for putting in the extra hours this weekend. It does not go unnoticed.

• Haha
Reactions: DBZ

Justfungus

That is the problem, at last report they can not even contact the data base. They have no idea if it was messed up or not.

The Narc

qI6rFTz.png
Told you all he was at the family easter dinner and still is!!

JustHavingFunBro

That is the problem, at last report they can not even contact the data base. They have no idea if it was messed up or not.
I am not givingt SSG a free pass like some of these bizzare posters, but that is not what was said. Not even sure what you mean by "that is the problem". They do not know the problem. How could you possibly know it? They only thing we do know is the SSG team responsible for teh data center is in far over their heads and leadership is hopefully making plans to put someone in place that will be able to navigate these issues.