Downtime Notice: Thursday, November 30th 7:00 AM - 1:00 PM Eastern (-5 GMT)

TedSandyman

Dang, I really thought I had this one - in my testing I was able to log in and out and end up with exactly the same HP regardless of where I was (public space, dungeon, etc) or what character I was playing. The missing 135 HP - would that happen to be equal to your Base Bonus HP from combat styles modifying your base HP? There's a new part of the HP breakdown hover-over on your character sheet so you can find that value outright. When investigating this, we found that there were two major culprits to HP loss - the bonuses your character gets to HP from Fate Points and the bonuses they got from Combat Styles. 135 being an odd number makes me think it's the latter.
I'm an idiot.
I have 653 hp, not 658.
So the difference is 130 which is exactly the 25% competence bonus from Vigor of Life.

MIvan

Uber Completionist
After some testing I found, loosing HP/SP on login is triggered for me by having equiped any armor OR main hand weapon.
They can be anyithing, I tested with cannith blank robe and mace.

I have no % bonus on HP.
Having only the blank robe equiped, the HP loss was 144.
Having +14 enhancement +6 insight +3 quality +2 profane + 2 festive CON (and +54 false life aug), the HP loss was the same, 144.
Equiping a +2 reaper helm (regular or crafted) increased HP loss by 32.
Equiping dino stick with+2 exceptional CON increased HP loss by 32.
Reseting GB tree (-120 in public), did not change HP loss.
Reseting all reaper tree, did not change HP loss.

Sylvanush

What happen with the new set augments? I don't see them at the cauldron (nor soulforge- checked there just in case).

aug_set_imbue_dice.png

aug_set_tactics.png

aug_set_assassinate.png

aug_set_HP.png
Can anyone confirm if this new loot was added to the update pls theres no recipe in the cauldron in harbor we want to know what are the items for craft this new augment sets. Thanks.

Slylok

Spell Absorption is making it to where undead can't heal themselves with hate again.
The Two-Headed Platinum Piece
Dark Apostate
Hate Spell

rabidfox

The People's Champion
Forums timeout since today's work on my desktop, but obviously work on my phone's Internet connection (as I'm typing this). Can access the main website and game fine. Not sure if it's from stuff on your end or just coincidence.
Tracert times out since yesterday to forums and ddo.com on my home Internet (phone Internet routes fine); curious if in SoCal is having issues too connecting.

Tonquin

of Lightning Hammer fame!
Did a bit more testing on the same character. Toggled off the Sacred Defense stance before logout. Still lost HP upon log in, not as much though.

1532 HP 22 Temp
Logout
Login
1412 HP 22 Temp

120 HP difference this time.

4cKSd3u.png

Tried it with all gear removed

1284 HP
Logout
Login
1284 HP

Didn't lose HP this time. Checking what gear bonuses might lead to this.

Jrgv9Cf.png

Equipped 5 piece Epic Salt set. Things from the pieces I put on that affect HP is 32 Profane Lifeforce from Epic Anchorchain, Ins Con 4 from Epic Belt of Myriad Pockets, Con 9 from a aug in the belt, and Artifact Con 2 from set bonus.

1484 HP
Logout
Login
1364 HP

120 HP difference again. Perhaps gear calcs are the issue?

Fgq6Xlv.png

Another test: Equipped only Epic Shield of the Scorpion, 32 Profane Lifeforce and +2 Profane all stats.

1340 HP
Logout
Login
1340 HP

No HP loss.

onFH5yz.png

Another test: Equipped only Epic Belt of Myriad Pockets with Con 9 aug. 13 Con total from the belt.

1428 HP
Logout
Login
1332 HP

96 HP loss. I have 30 con without the belt, 43 with it on. Con 9 would give +4 con bonus which would be 96 HP for my level 24 character.

When I had the full set bonus from saltmarsh I lost 120 HP. My guess is thus, set bonus and health coming from augment slots (perhaps only augmented con) is being calc'd incorrectly.

PzsIsSj.png

One last test: Equipped only Epic Shield of the Scorpion and turned my Sacred Defense stance on.

1765 HP
Logout
Login
1430 HP

335 Missing HP. 353 is my percentage bonus. I get 72 HP from the con from sacred defense, 25% of 72 is 18. 353-18 = 335. 335 is the percentage HP before the added con from the stance. % HP from a toggled stance also seems to be an issue.

om0XUkn.png

Based on my above tests I don't think it's the feat bonus.
Amazing sleuthing! Thanks to this wonderful information (and a vision that I had in a dream last night), I think I've figured out how to put this bug to rest once and for all.

Ahpuch

Amazing sleuthing! Thanks to this wonderful information (and a vision that I had in a dream last night), I think I've figured out how to put this bug to rest once and for all.
/Digression: That's the beautiful thing about coding. You are slamming your head against a problem and give up and go to sleep (or for a ski, bike ride etc) and bam the solution pop's in your head because your subconcious has been chewing on the problem. Hopefully your dream was coherent enough for a workable solution.

somenewnoob

/Digression: That's the beautiful thing about coding. You are slamming your head against a problem and give up and go to sleep (or for a ski, bike ride etc) and bam the solution pop's in your head because your subconcious has been chewing on the problem. Hopefully your dream was coherent enough for a workable solution.

For sure. Sometimes to see something you have to stop looking at it.

Altra

Tracert times out since yesterday to forums and ddo.com on my home Internet (phone Internet routes fine); curious if in SoCal is having issues too connecting.
Neither my Husband or myself could get in and we're in PA. a lot closer than you.

Edit: We did not try the phone.
This was on pc

rabidfox

The People's Champion
Neither my Husband or myself could get in and we're in PA. a lot closer than you.

Edit: We did not try the phone.
This was on pc
Thanks for the info. From checking around on discord, seems like others having issues connecting to the forums too; so likely something network related between me and the SSG servers. I ended up installing Opera browser a little bit ago and toggled on it's built in VPN which is routing me in such a way that I can use my desktop to check the forums for now.