Downtime Notice: Thursday, November 30th 7:00 AM - 1:00 PM Eastern (-5 GMT)

Thar

Did they break the reaper dire thaurmaturge tree? core reaper SP are not being added to my lvl 5 sorc in or out of reaper.

the tree stats apply but sp are not reset upon entering a quest to the new stat max. i don't have core reaper stats or higher tier sp cores yet to see if that is applying outside of reaper.

Last edited:

rabidfox

The People's Champion
Forums timeout since today's work on my desktop, but obviously work on my phone's Internet connection (as I'm typing this). Can access the main website and game fine. Not sure if it's from stuff on your end or just coincidence.

Ellisaria

Entering a quest on Reaper no longer tops your HP/MP? (One more reason to not do wilderness on the way to quests if this is working as intended.)

rabidfox

The People's Champion
Spell points aren't increasing when entering reaper, just took core 1 dire thaum and it has zero effect.

Tonquin

of Lightning Hammer fame!
Spell points aren't increasing when entering reaper, just took core 1 dire thaum and it has zero effect.
We are investigating this! EDIT: We have fixed this bug internally, it will be in an upcoming patch.
Entering a quest on Reaper no longer tops your HP/MP? (One more reason to not do wilderness on the way to quests if this is working as intended.)
The intended behavior is that your Maximum and Current HP/SP will both increase - so gaining 100 HP from Reaper will cause both your current and max HP to increase by 100 upon entering a Reaper Mode dungeon.

Last edited:

TedSandyman

HP still decreasing.

In market at full HP.
658 HP
Log out
523 HP. Pretty close to 25%. Vigor of Life?
SP is full though.

Qeistalan

I don't think this is a new bug, my characters seem to lose this buff every so often too. Thankfully you can talk to the Silver Flame Patron and reacquire the reward (just log out and back in after you talk to her).
Thx for heads-up for the Blessing perk; that worked. Knowing is half the battle!

Logging off & on still causes reduced HP/SP, though.

Tonquin

of Lightning Hammer fame!
HP still decreasing.

In market at full HP.
658 HP
Log out
523 HP. Pretty close to 25%. Vigor of Life?
SP is full though.
Dang, I really thought I had this one - in my testing I was able to log in and out and end up with exactly the same HP regardless of where I was (public space, dungeon, etc) or what character I was playing. The missing 135 HP - would that happen to be equal to your Base Bonus HP from combat styles modifying your base HP? There's a new part of the HP breakdown hover-over on your character sheet so you can find that value outright. When investigating this, we found that there were two major culprits to HP loss - the bonuses your character gets to HP from Fate Points and the bonuses they got from Combat Styles. 135 being an odd number makes me think it's the latter.

Ellisaria

We are investigating this!

The intended behavior is that your Maximum and Current HP/SP will both increase - so gaining 100 HP from Reaper will cause both your current and max HP to increase by 100 upon entering a Reaper Mode dungeon.
Just zoned in to a quest (Finding the Path, if that matters at all) , hp is increasing and being topped, sp max is increasing (due to casting stat increasing from "Reaper's Source of Focus") but is not filled. Not sure if this is related to the issue with Cores or something else

rabidfox

The People's Champion
The old (before today) entry into a reaper quest gave full HP & SP which was great for quickly recovering from a wipe when restarting a quest. If this is going to be the new standard, can we get new food & drinks that restore larger amounts (or up the values bacon and broccoli by several times) so I don't have to sit around for ages before questing again after a death/release? The current values for food and drinks just don't keep up with modern stats well.

Ellisaria

The old (before today) entry into a reaper quest gave full HP & SP which was great for quickly recovering from a wipe when restarting a quest. If this is going to be the new standard, can we get new food & drinks that restore larger amounts (or up the values bacon and broccoli by several times) so I don't have to sit around for ages before questing again after a death/release? The current values for food and drinks just don't keep up with modern stats well.
Tavern food has definitely fallen behind! I wonder if it would be faster to bind to some place like the Lobster, then run out to Cerulean Hills and use the shrine right by the entrance, then go back to the quest you were doing.

CBDunk

If you have access to an airship with the Banquet Hall amenity that'll get HP and SP back very very quickly.

Otherwise, yeah your best bet is finding a bind point close to a zone or quest with a rest shrine near the entrance.

The Blonde

Catalogues Bugs
I'd rather they update the values on the current food/drink items than add new ones. There's way too many already. And maybe increase their cost to drain some plat out of the economy.

Zaszgul

Honestly, I think it was fair enough that entering a dungeon filled your hp/sp, because it also strips you of any buffs you have. It didn't return action boosts or other per-day charges, so it wasn't overpowered. It was just a very nice QoL perk that made getting around faster/easier.

I'm also pretty sure the reason it started working that way, was because the calculations (or iterations?) for applying +hp/max hp and sp were determined to be very bad for performance somehow.

All in all I think it would have been wiser to extend it to all difficulties, rather than "fixing" it for reaper.

CBDunk

All in all I think it would have been wiser to extend it to all difficulties, rather than "fixing" it for reaper.

Or, as I've suggested before, just raise the HP/SP regen rate for ALL public areas to something like 25% the guild Banquet Hall amenity rate and be done with it. Nobody would care if you lost some HP/SP when logging if they just came back automatically in the time it takes you to get to the next quest.

CBDunk

Here's my in-game HP breakdown
s88p0pD.png

Difference in HP was 503.

The 502 feat bonus and 503 difference after logging could be the same value, just being rounded differently.

TedSandyman

Dang, I really thought I had this one - in my testing I was able to log in and out and end up with exactly the same HP regardless of where I was (public space, dungeon, etc) or what character I was playing. The missing 135 HP - would that happen to be equal to your Base Bonus HP from combat styles modifying your base HP? There's a new part of the HP breakdown hover-over on your character sheet so you can find that value outright. When investigating this, we found that there were two major culprits to HP loss - the bonuses your character gets to HP from Fate Points and the bonuses they got from Combat Styles. 135 being an odd number makes me think it's the latter.
I don't have anything that is listed as 135 hp.
160 base
119 hit dice
128 con bonus
67 feat bonus
49 enchanted bonus
130 percentage boost.