Downtime Notice: Wednesday, April 24th 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT)

Dandonk

This is not the title you're looking for
I'm sure this extended downtime will fix the lag!

Of course, the lag is also lagging, so we'll still have to deal with the past lag that, due to lag, is only now arriving.

But at some undefined point in the future, maybe it will be better!

(or something)

• Haha
Reactions: DBZ

Deathbringer

Grim Lord of the Dead + Since 2010 +
So let me get this straight. Ive been a loyal DDO player since beta/release and have purchased every expansion upon release. How is it fair that people who have made these purchases get a lousy 10% pot for gear that has been farmed out for months already whie people who havent made purchases get an entire expansion pack worth way more then the 1 pot??
Exactly this... totally unfair for the people that has spended money on all expansions .... :confused:👎

The_Apocalypse

VIP does not grant 'Expansions', it grants 'Adventure Packs'. The free code granted access to Adventure packs, not Expansions.
Some older Expansions were available recently for 99DDO store points. Expansions have, to my recollection, never been completely free.

To directly answer your question, if you do not own all the Expansions, you should be provided a list of the expansions you don't own, except VU, to pick from.
Thank you for explaining it to me.

bsrasmus

So let me get this straight. Ive been a loyal DDO player since beta/release and have purchased every expansion upon release. How is it fair that people who have made these purchases get a lousy 10% pot for gear that has been farmed out for months already whie people who havent made purchases get an entire expansion pack worth way more then the 1 pot??
Did you really buy those expansions out of loyalty to DDO? Or did you buy them so that you could enjoy the content? If it truly was out of loyalty that you bought the expansions, why have you since abandoned that loyalty? If you bought the expansions to enjoy the content then you have received what you purchased.

SSG isn't obligated to give away free stuff. When they do give away free stuff they are free to give it away in the manner that they see fit.

Deathbringer

Grim Lord of the Dead + Since 2010 +
For the people that has already purchased all xpacks... at least it must be a Discovery Potion per character on all servers, the expansions are for all servers and for all characters that play on that account so.... Only a potion per ACCOUNT is an insult and not even close to an expansion value!

John3000

This is actually a great move to keep player population up, and I say this having bought almost all content on DDO. I prefer seeing fresh players coming in and staying, rather then being a lonely envy struck uncle scrooge clinging onto my doubloons. 🤑

Old content should eventually become free or deeply discounted. All good games do this. In fact I find the deals offered by Elder Scrolls Online even more aggressive/interesting than with DDO as you can get deep discounts only months after the initial content release.

If you bought an expansion with DDO points, then you have had months or years to enjoy / collect and reap rewards before the F2P crowd.

If you bought the collector's packs, then you have tons of goodies the F2P crowd will never get including perm hirelings, tomes, teleport clickies, cosmetics, enhancement trees, races, iconics, storage, bags, etc... So a lot of that is money well spent if you enjoy the game. So what if they give access to the adventure pack ? I still don't regret having purchased certain ultimate bundles and that value is still great.

Cheers

Dude

I still don't regret having purchased certain ultimate bundles and that value is still great.

Cheers
I wish I could buy the ultimate bundles of the expansions that are now just available through the "DDO Expansion Trove."

Kimbere

This month's YotD rewards:
8PqYD8Q.png

rag8Z4z.png

Last edited:

Volarr

For the people that has already purchased all xpacks... at least it must be a Discovery Potion per character on all servers, the expansions are for all servers and for all characters that play on that account so.... Only a potion per ACCOUNT is an insult and not even close to an expansion value!
i'm sure SSG is insulted that you feel insulted.

Br4d

On the topic of free expansions. Which is best to take if you have none?

Probably Isle of Dread. Lots of quests, a crafting system, a huge wilderness to run around in.

No special sales for it of the 99DDOPt variety and it's not part of the expansion trove.

• Haha
Reactions: DBZ

Ikorubr

This poor compensation encourages people to not bother buying expansion packs in the future....
1000 Store points (less than half of most expansion pack) as compensation for those that have them all would have been better, letting players buy something nice instead.
Come on man... and wait 2 or 3 years until its given away? It Doesn't make sense.
Agreed, i think this choice has just further inspired me to not purchase xpacs and to wait for more future offers where i will be able to take advantage of a free offer like this. All it really requires is to program ones self to ignore any mention of a new expansion even after it comes out available for ddo points, atleast until it is available via 99 ddo points.
And wait for 2 or 3 years? It Doesn't make sense