Downtime Notice: Wednesday, February 28th 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM Eastern (-5 GMT)

onibaba

As someone who just started a series of reincarnations on an alt to get some more ED points, sneaking these cost increases in at the last moment seems incredibly crummy. It seems like this character won't even be able to afford her old setup, let alone the new one I was hoping to have.

No wonder these changes were slipped in at the last moment. You've really exceeded yourselves this time, essentially taking progress from past life work away so we have to do more just to get back to where we were. What an unbelievably **** thing to do to your players.
Don't ever trust what these game developers says in public, question everything. It is not what they say but what they don't say in public you need to learn how to question by developing skills to read between the lines in public messaging. If you have every worked in the Public service or in a legal firm i think you will know what I mean.

Last edited:

onibaba

If grouping were more reasonable at all levels, self-heal wouldn’t be nearly as necessary on all characters. I understand what you’re trying to get at here, but I know your biggest gripe has been the self healing and we need to fix grouping before we can consider doing away with any self healing.

And SSG is not able to fix grouping, so…
Well they should just re-name this game to "Generic MMO" A game loosely based on the D&D 3.5 core rules but horribly modified to maximise monestisation.

Jasparius

By playing DDO.

I'm not joking here, there was something fundamentally wrong with the Multi-Curse issue (caused by the Curse system itself) where by playing normally as you have done over the years (as anyone else would), you could have performed the actions needed to produce a Multi-Curse item outcome without ever intending to or even knowing it could even happen that way. For example, eating a food item at the Inn/Bars. Performing a Reincarnation. All sorts of day to day DDO activity. (Not actual methods, but you get the day to day activty idea)

So those who were saying players found and flagged for having Multi-Curse items should have their accounts banned and items deleted, well, that'll be the outcome. Even if you are innocent (because you never knew it could produce a Multi-Curse item outcome and there was so many ways to do so, with many ways found in the last hours of the last update showing how innocent actions could lead to such outcomes).

And, let me just put this here. It might be just me reading it wrong, but I detect a hint of "We know (we goofed up), but this was the only way/option." in the reply I got.

J1NG

Here is the way to check whether the person cheated or not. And its very simple.

Did they bug report it, or keep it quiet and take advantage of it?

onibaba

Here is the way to check whether the person cheated or not. And its very simple.

Did they bug report it, or keep it quiet and take advantage of it?
Flawed view, players are not obligated to report bugs.

Bugs/exploits exist in all games and in this game and there have been too many to list. All exist on a spectrum; Nature, scale & complexity. These are the assessment tools to use to determine the overall impact of any such event.

With this kind of bug (nature) the impact of the bug (scale) and it's impact on the continuity of the game (complexity) is of little to no consequence. There will be some who will attempt to exaggerate the severity and/consequences by taking a polarized view (black and white) however, the world (people who exist in it, the players) and games are not binary systems and through poor implementation (SSG responsibility) this could have been mitigated at release.

Further, there is a better way to nullify the impact of such bugs rather than universally and arbitrarily punish everyone without a separate investigation into each and every player and the unique circumstances underlying each and every event and without providing those accused and punished without a right of reply. A more balanced and long-term approach should have been the consideration that; The planned Introduction of level increases later this year and the expected new gear sets will have the effect of "phasing" out older gear, thus removing them from the game.

Much like the introduction of level increases put a greater emphasis on racial pastlives over heroic pastlives etc. Level increase, new gears sets etc will eventually mitigate the long-term effects of such a bug. Relax, this isnt a major issue and the problem will rectify itself.

Jasparius

Flawed view, players are not obligated to report bugs.

Bugs/exploits exist in all games and in this game and there have been too many to list. All exist on a spectrum; Nature, scale & complexity. These are the assessment tools to use to determine the overall impact of any such event.

With this kind of bug (nature) the impact of the bug (scale) and it's impact on the continuity of the game (complexity) is of little to no consequence. There will be some who will attempt to exaggerate the severity and/consequences by taking a polarized view (black and white) however, the world (people who exist in it, the players) and games are not binary systems and through poor implementation (SSG responsibility) this could have been mitigated at release.

Further, there is a better way to nullify the impact of such bugs rather than universally and arbitrarily punish everyone without a separate investigation into each and every player and the unique circumstances underlying each and every event and without providing those accused and punished without a right of reply. A more balanced and long-term approach should have been the consideration that; The planned Introduction of level increases later this year and the expected new gear sets will have the effect of "phasing" out older gear, thus removing them from the game.

Much like the introduction of level increases put a greater emphasis on racial pastlives over heroic pastlives etc. Level increase, new gears sets etc will eventually mitigate the long-term effects of such a bug. Relax, this isnt a major issue and the problem will rectify itself.

Its not flawed. Its 100% true. If you knowingly and quietly took advantage of an obvious bug then that is entirely different to someone who did a bug report.

Im guessing youre in the knowingly took advantage group.

onibaba

Its not flawed. Its 100% true. If you knowingly and quietly took advantage of an obvious bug then that is entirely different to someone who did a bug report.

Im guessing youre in the knowingly took advantage group.
So tell me you ever TR a melee with the Arborea feat bugged on a weapon and ever report it? or did you sit back and quietly take advantage of that effect being bugged on your weapon? Do you think it would be reasonable to ban everyone who ever benefitted from the Arborea feat being bugged on a weapon?

Did you farm level 1 quests on r10 by dragging a level 32 into the quest to farm reaper items and reaper out all your gear 2-3 years ago? For the majority of the server doing it, was their gear scrubbed? No. This response is not consistent with a similar scenario and is heavy handed IMO.

plantpower

If I was expected to report every bug I came across, I wouldn't have any time to actually play the game

SSG would also get a lot of bug reports with no real substance in this case, as only a couple people found the steps to reproduce and everyone else is just like, "at some point a second curse appeared on my item but I don't know when or why or how"

PersonMan

If I was expected to report every bug I came across, I wouldn't have any time to actually play the game

SSG would also get a lot of bug reports with no real substance in this case, as only a couple people found the steps to reproduce and everyone else is just like, "at some point a second curse appeared on my item but I don't know when or why or how"
In that imaginary world where everyone bug reported every perceived bug, the servers would likely crash from all the reports about ladders.

Volarr

Forcing them to finally fix ladders...
I am amazed at how many times I have read about the ladder problem. One day when they fix them. What will you complain about then? My guess is you will go to Home Depo and complain about the Ladders there.

Onyxia2016

I am amazed at how many times I have read about the ladder problem. One day when they fix them. What will you complain about then? My guess is you will go to Home Depo and complain about the Ladders there.
The point is this issue is about the longest running bug that has never been fixed.
It is almost a mantra these days. No one ever expects it to be fixed.
At this point it is a cultural aspect in the game. :giggle:

Buddha5440

If grouping were more reasonable at all levels, self-heal wouldn’t be nearly as necessary on all characters. I understand what you’re trying to get at here, but I know your biggest gripe has been the self healing and we need to fix grouping before we can consider doing away with any self healing.

And SSG is not able to fix grouping, so…
Grouping is not being hindered in any way by SSG except for the Balance that some forumites are pushing for. Nobody needs anyone else to do something in a quest anymore, hence grouping has dropped. You could always try posting one yourself. I've almost always had someone join even if I just enter a quest on Public vs Private.

It's akin to a Yogi Berra quote "Nobody goes there anymore. It’s too crowded.". People assume grouping is broken, yet do nothing from their end to move it in the right direction.

What you were talking about...
No. The game will only be fully BALANCED when every class can Self-heal, Nuke, CC, Summon, Turn into a bear/wolf, Use any item, Insta-kill, etc. All from the safety of their airship.

The LACK of balance is what makes D&D (and DDO as the red-headed stepchild of it) great.

If you push too hard for BALANCE and get it you will end up with ONE race and ONE class. That would certainly be a great game.
... is not a complaint. It is simply me stating my opinion about why a previous complaint was made on a specious one.

Volarr

The point is this issue is about the longest running bug that has never been fixed.
It is almost a mantra these days. No one ever expects it to be fixed.
At this point it is a cultural aspect in the game. :giggle:
I know I was being sarcastic.

popejubal

Grouping is not being hindered in any way by SSG except for the Balance that some forumites are pushing for. Nobody needs anyone else to do something in a quest anymore, hence grouping has dropped. You could always try posting one yourself. I've almost always had someone join even if I just enter a quest on Public vs Private.

It's akin to a Yogi Berra quote "Nobody goes there anymore. It’s too crowded.". People assume grouping is broken, yet do nothing from their end to move it in the right direction.

What you were talking about...

... is not a complaint. It is simply me stating my opinion about why a previous complaint was made on a specious one.
cool. Have fun with that.