Downtime Notice: Wednesday, January 31st 5:00 AM - 2:00 PM Eastern (-5 GMT)

Cordovan

Community Manager
UPDATE: The game worlds have reopened.

The DDO game worlds will be unavailable on Wednesday, January 31st from 5:00 AM - 2:00 PM Eastern (-5 GMT) for extended maintenance. Thank you for your patience, and we'll see you back in the game soon!

Last edited:

deforce72

Oh no,

Just when I am rushing to reach my Hardcore league target? Is there any consideration to extending the HC league deadline with these series of downtime?

liosliante

Oh no,

Just when I am rushing to reach my Hardcore league target? Is there any consideration to extending the HC league deadline with these series of downtime?
I think the same. I just hope they give us another day at least. We only have one week left and I'm nervous about reaching my goals.
I don't understand the reason for so many hours, they could explain it better. And why they say Thank you for you patience... I am a VIP player and I pay for playing!!

AbyssalMage

I'm curious why we are having another "extended" downtime a week after our last one. Not that we will get a straight (or honest) answer but dang...

Jummby

I'm curious why we are having another "extended" downtime a week after our last one. Not that we will get a straight (or honest) answer but dang...
I am ok with this downtime. There has been an increase in lag. Maybe/hopefully this downtime is addressing it?

Sheikra

Nothing cracks me up more than the people who, like clockwork, come here and say "can you extend HC (or whatever festival) for 2 hours because of the extra downtime". Like bro what :ROFLMAO:

liosliante

Nothing cracks me up more than the people who, like clockwork, come here and say "can you extend HC (or whatever festival) for 2 hours because of the extra downtime". Like bro what :ROFLMAO:
We already know that it is possible that they will not do it. Before they took some hours of maintenance but now they are taking too many each week. That's my problem... And it's not funny!!

Kheledon

My assumption is extensive hardware work. I also assume that they hoped to complete it last week but were unable to do so in a timely manner.

Complete guesses, of course, but without official word from the company, we're all left guessing.

DDO Gaming

the game is available globally 24/7 so...I'm not sure where this "extra 2 hours" will come from. are SSG expected to extend the day from 24 to 26 hours?

Sheikra

the game is available globally 24/7 so...I'm not sure where this "extra 2 hours" will come from. are SSG expected to extend the day from 24 to 26 hours?
The two hours is a reference to how the maintenance is slightly longer than normal.

Cordovan

Community Manager
We have some extended maintenance projects that take hours to do, have to be done. The work itself needs to be spread across several downtimes to avoid essentially a day-long downtime. So, that's why last week and this week were longer than usual. Looks like we'll still have more to do as well after today, so we'll probably have to have at least one more extended downtime soon.

Finrrod

The DDO game worlds will be unavailable on Wednesday, January 31st from 5:00 AM - 2:00 PM Eastern (-5 GMT) for extended maintenance. Thank you for your patience, and we'll see you back in the game soon!
9 hours downtime and you used the same 2 words, extended maintenance while removing a full gameday for those in Europe. And lag will be the same or even worst afterwards. Keep the good work up! Looking for a 24 hs maintenance, I see it coming!!!

Kheledon

We have some extended maintenance projects that take hours to do, have to be done. The work itself needs to be spread across several downtimes to avoid essentially a day-long downtime. So, that's why last week and this week were longer than usual. Looks like we'll still have more to do as well after today, so we'll probably have to have at least one more extended downtime soon.
Thanks for that. :cool: (y)

Qeistalan

THIS is information that could/should have been relayed with the initial notice ... cuz knowing is half the battle!