Downtime Notice: Wednesday, January 31st 5:00 AM - 2:00 PM Eastern (-5 GMT)

Buddha5440

Most Europeans, including myself, work between 8am and 4pm Central European Time, so it's not that bad. But it would be nice if these long downtime phases could take place earlier so that the servers are back online after work.
Yes, let's have them go into work at 2 or 3AM after working a normal day the day before. That couldn't possibly have any effect on the quality of their work.

Volarr

You think you have it bad, poor Flurry is out there standing in the freezing cold hoping to gather enough keys to get out of there.

Ahpuch

If losing one day to play a video game makes you lose your mind, you might have a problem sir.
This is very much true.

But....

It looks like they knew a while ago that there would be 3 weeks of extended maintenance on Wednesday morning. They could have communicated that in advance. The standing weekly 2-3 hours for reboots should not be used to cover for longer (9 hour) outages. They should do what they need to do but it doesn't hurt to give paying customers a heads up more than 16 hours in advance if they know it will be required. Planning and communications of that plan should not be such an anathema to SSG especially when it affects a paid service.

DDO Gaming

This is very much true.

But....

Planning and communications of that plan should not be such an anathema to SSG especially when it affects a paid service.
you don't need to add anything to "Planning and communications of that plan should not be such an anathema to SSG especially when it affects a paid service." :)(y)

The Narc

Great less time to pay hardcore, when is the exact shutdown time of hardcore server, is there a link to this info on the forums?

liosliante

I'm watching a Netflix series, and I'm biting my nails waiting for my fantastic game to come back. I'm desperate.

Clumsyoof

It's lik3 1:35 EST right now...... I am figuring in about 2 hours (3:45est)....... they will post that the downtown is being extended :)

Sheikra

It's lik3 1:35 EST right now...... I am figuring in about 2 hours (3:45est)....... they will post that the downtown is being extended :)
Don't worry, we'll be waiting right here for you to retract your negative comment, given how wrong you were :)

Buddha5440

Don't worry, we'll be waiting right here for you to retract your negative comment, given how wrong you were :)
You're going to see this:

giphy.gif

first :)

cdbd3rd

The sun came out today! But, yes, it is still cold.. I hate winter.

About 10 days ago, we had highs hovering around 0. Today, 63.

I wouldn't have been playing this afternoon even if the game was up. Didn't actually DO anything outside, just went out to remind myself it was there. :cool:

My point? Naw, ain't got one. Game on. :p;)

Reactions: dur

Karynah

Neflix has a cool documentary about the history of pirating videogames. Starting from back when they used cassete tapes, to stacks of floppies. to CD's.... to today. It's pretty cool, well worth watching
Hmmm sounds cool; what is the title so i can check it out? Thanks in advance!