Downtime Notice: Wednesday, March 27th 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT)

Mickeymouse

You must not see many THF Dragonlord because they are one shotting everything and critting for 4-5k in heroics. But sure, doing less damage then kensai and being given a broken ability makes sense. It's this mentality that keeps the game broken. We should want things to be working correctly and not just shrugging it off. Holding the devs accountable is a major part of any video game.
so.. I´m doing this on anything THF related and done it for years. you can also add every caster in the game to that list. oh.. and also artis and inqs they move down a room on r3 in 5 sec straight.

Aztar

Molon-Labe-SOS.jpg

Kessaran

so.. I´m doing this on anything THF related and done it for years. you can also add every caster in the game to that list. oh.. and also artis and inqs they move down a room on r3 in 5 sec straight.
THF has always been broken, casters have the drawback of Spell Points, and arti's aren't THAT broken, Inquis is that broken. Making an Inquis arti is obviously turbo broken. Casters just recently got nerfed, Inquis has been nerfed 4 times iirc, ranged builds in general just keep getting nerfed but they refuse to touch THF. Can't claim casters are too strong for one shotting AoE when THF can do the same thing with WWA and cleaves. Can't claim inquis/arti is too strong when at least they have to take things down one at a time and not an entire room at once. TWF/SWF builds may dominate end-game but are pretty well balanced through the heroic experience due to being single target (with a few outliers like SF with ki spells/whirlwinds/ranger Tempest). What's the balance case for THF?

I want to also add that i'm against the idea of flat nerfing something for being strong. I'm 100% with the idea of fixing broken stuff. Dragonlord shouldn't be stunning Constructs/Undead. SoS shouldn't enable critting for 5k+ in heroics and 50k+ in epics. If you nerfed Silver Longbow for doing it, nerf the others that are doing it. Cower/Consecrate shouldn't be stunning things that are immune to stun/daze effects. The list of broken things that people "don't mind" because they are beneficial is absurdly long. As devs they shouldn't want those things in the game.

Last edited:
Reactions: DBZ

droid327

• Knight of the Chalice's Divine Sacrifice (Ranged) now has its proper tooltip between ranks.

This is great but are you going to fix Ranged Smite not doing anything at all?

• Invoking a Spell Like Ability while it is on cooldown no longer attempts to cast the spell book version of the spell the SLA refers to.

Wait, it did that? That actually sounds like a really GOOD mechanic lol....you could just have one button, does the SLA if its available, cycles back to the more expensive spellbook version if not.

Bring that back! :D

Ying

5000+ hours played
THF has always been broken, casters have the drawback of Spell Points, and arti's aren't THAT broken, Inquis is that broken.
The only drawback casters have in heroics are element-immune or element-healing mobs. Shrines are plentiful in quests. Farming out a Vibrant Purple Ioun Stone is straightforward. I keep Maximize and Empower on from the time I acquire them. Nukers are far more easier/faster for me to level through heroics than other options.

Inquis is hardly "broken" after the Ratcatcher nerf. It's ok for leveling. It's advantage is in allowing it to template on to any class split to acquire heroic/iconic past lives with minimal gear changes between them.

Kimbere

You must not see many THF Dragonlord because they are one shotting everything and critting for 4-5k in heroics. But sure, doing less damage then kensai and being given a broken ability makes sense. It's this mentality that keeps the game broken. We should want things to be working correctly and not just shrugging it off. Holding the devs accountable is a major part of any video game.
The poster you're responding to isn't wrong. I could roll up any number of builds with almost any of the class icons that can "one-shot" everything in heroics on Elite/R1 difficulty. That's not new nor unique to Dragon Lords so it seems like they're balanced just fine there.

Dial the difficulty up to R6+ and I suspect Dragon Lords won't be one-shotting things, yet other classes/builds certainly can.

Roar and the group auras are the only thing Dragon Lords have going for them versus a standard fighter/Kensai. Also, the duration on Roar's effect is relatively short compared to most caster-based CC.

They're second-tier DPS versus Kensai and other meta builds. They're second-tier defensively versus proper tank builds and/or evasion/dodge based DPS.

Nerf Roar into uselessness and we'd be better off running a Charisma based Kensai or even Paladin and taking Greater Color Spray from Feydark Illusionist for the same basic playstyle. Run it as a Deep Gnome for a second GCS (assuming it doesn't share cooldowns) for even better CC.

Kimbere

They share a cooldown. I was very sad when I discovered that...
Bummer. Good to know. I hadn't tried it personally, but after enjoying the Dragon Lord PLs, I was considering it.

It was kind of refreshing to play a non-tank melee that could do something other than just murder-hobo stuff, especially at cap in R10s.

Being able to engage a group of mobs and lead with Roar to give our casters an extra second or two to lock everything down properly felt useful.

Justfungus

Am looking at the DDO age warning at the bottom of the screen, ESRB T for teem Violence (sure), Blood (not really), Alcohol Reference (I wish), Suggestive Themes (still waiting for that update) :p

Kessaran

The poster you're responding to isn't wrong. I could roll up any number of builds with almost any of the class icons that can "one-shot" everything in heroics on Elite/R1 difficulty. That's not new nor unique to Dragon Lords so it seems like they're balanced just fine there.

Dial the difficulty up to R6+ and I suspect Dragon Lords won't be one-shotting things, yet other classes/builds certainly can.

Roar and the group auras are the only thing Dragon Lords have going for them versus a standard fighter/Kensai. Also, the duration on Roar's effect is relatively short compared to most caster-based CC.

They're second-tier DPS versus Kensai and other meta builds. They're second-tier defensively versus proper tank builds and/or evasion/dodge based DPS.

Nerf Roar into uselessness and we'd be better off running a Charisma based Kensai or even Paladin and taking Greater Color Spray from Feydark Illusionist for the same basic playstyle. Run it as a Deep Gnome for a second GCS (assuming it doesn't share cooldowns) for even better CC.
I would like to point out that I stated in a later post (on this page) that I don't want them to nerf things for being strong. I want them to FIX the broken things. Nerfing roar so it doesn't stun constructs/undead is a bugfix. Nerfing cower so it doesn't stun constructs/undead is a bugfix. Nerfing SoS for having the exact same "issue" they gave us for nerfing Silver Longbow is only fair.

Opyt

// There is a new UI element that shows you your Tumble charges! This UI can be hidden in the options menu under "Show Tumble UI." Each green pip represents one tumble charge. The previous tumble visuals on your character have been removed. You can drag the UI element around, and it'll stay where you leave it. //

// Characters now gain 1 Tumble charge when you train the Tumble skill's rank 10 and rank 20. These charges cannot be earned through effects, abilities, or epic level bonuses to the Tumble skill, but only by training the skill from heroic levels. //

The new tumble is here to stay. Though I'm surprised further tumble charges aren;t added at rank 30 and 40
That's because it's not for total tumble skill, it's heroic ranks spent on the skill (similar to how bard songs are unlocked by ranks in perform, except that bard songs aren't limited by heroic skill ranks). There are only 23 possible heroic ranks in tumble, so if they're disallowing epic auto-grants, there's no way to get 30 or 40.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
Wait, it did that? That actually sounds like a really GOOD mechanic lol....you could just have one button, does the SLA if its available, cycles back to the more expensive spellbook version if not.
It was horrible and would apply whatever meta toggles were on your SLA when casting the spell version at full costs. Having both on cooldown by accident (yay lag) while burning massive amounts of spell points in the process was really bad.

Volarr

• And finally, renamed every single Efficient Metamagic enhancement so that the names all match up and look nice.
i have waited sooo long for this. ;)

canicus

When should we expect the daily gold rolls to show up? I just logged in and I do not have a gold roll available (last one used this past weekend)

DBZ

How to remove stupid tumble thing is there a ui option

Yes its the little things

Last edited: