Downtime Notice: Wednesday, October 4th 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT)

Mordenkainen

Please SSG, no more nerfs. Thank you!
I can't help but notice you seem to have re-opened Crystal Cove as well as the Night Revels - is this intentional?
both-is-good-both.gif

somenewnoob

Anyone done the numbers on the new changes? Anything newsworthy?

LGS weapons big nerf, ml 29 raid weapons nerf, ml 28 schism weapons nerfed.

Spell imbue dice, huge nerf.

Some nerfed/buffed info on this one too from another: https://forums.ddo.com/index.php?threads/so-is-the-w-change-a-melee-nerf.4351/#post-46660

Cliff notes of what he said:
---- nerfed ----
level 10 Ravenloft weapons
A couple other level 10s that were getting 1.5 W at level 10 like thornlord or bow of elements
Legendary Greensteel weapons
Most Level 28 - 29 weapons ( includes a lot of raid weapons )

---- buffed ----
Level 31 + 32 weapons
Most Level 16 - 27 weapons
Caught in the Web weapons ( big buff here )
Heroic Alchemical Weapons ( the few I have are lvl 12 )
Thunderforged weapons

Mordenkainen

Please SSG, no more nerfs. Thank you!
LGS weapons big nerf, ml 29 raid weapons nerf, ml 28 schism weapons nerfed.

Spell imbue dice, huge nerf.

Some nerfed/buffed info on this one too from another: https://forums.ddo.com/index.php?threads/so-is-the-w-change-a-melee-nerf.4351/#post-46660

Cliff notes of what he said:
---- nerfed ----
level 10 Ravenloft weapons
A couple other level 10s that were getting 1.5 W at level 10 like thornlord or bow of elements
Legendary Greensteel weapons
Most Level 28 - 29 weapons ( includes a lot of raid weapons )

---- buffed ----
Level 31 + 32 weapons
Most Level 16 - 27 weapons
Caught in the Web weapons ( big buff here )
Heroic Alchemical Weapons ( the few I have are lvl 12 )
Thunderforged weapons
Is a .4W weapon downgrade such a massive nerf though? At cap that's like 2% of your total dps?

somenewnoob

Is a .4W weapon downgrade such a massive nerf though? At cap that's like 2% of your total dps?

Don't think anybody said massive nerf except for you. It's a nerf.

And when it comes to DPS at cap, I am in the "Al Pacino, On Any Given Sunday" school of thought. It's a game of inches. And I scrape, and I claw, and I fight for every single inch, because it's those inches that are the difference between winning and losing.

Elves United

Looking at my poison bombardier, now I get cores of +3 caster level with poison three times obviously non stacking and I have to pay for the privilege of respeccing the tree?
Since any bombardier over level 11 pretty much focuses on one attack element and uses bypass for immunes that isn't really an issue. Of course one could note that if the devs were planning to sometime in the future get rid of elemental bypasses then making adjustments like these to trees that are absolutely dependent on them is a first step.

Hammatimes

• Attacks that had a high W scale for their level and are of an area of effect have been adjusted to appropriate values.
This one should be explained more. I don't see any other active attacks that were nerfed besides Drifting Lotus/SDK chains (which was explained as a bug and multihit attack) and Exalted Cleave + Avenging Cleave. These abilities are attainable at the earliest levels of 3 and 12 but the intention of this scaling system is that the abilities work equally across all levels..... so why the nerf of going from 3W and 5W to 10% and 30%?

Especially with this
  • Cleave and Great Cleave have been updated to deal +20% and +40% damage respectively.
Where you buffed Cleave and G Cleave (which are both attainable at level 1 on a human fighter) up from 1w / 2w to 20% and 40%.
Supreme Cleave was also buffed to +30% which is attainable at level 3 with a 3s cooldown. Why was a level 3 ability buffed to be stronger than a level 12 T5 if this level gating was the reasoning for these KotC nerfs?

Pls respond

Edit: I guess Divine Vessel Warsoul/Priest T5 was also nerfed from 5W to 30%, but it still goes against the stated reasoning.

Last edited:

Spook

Cleave and G Cleave dont hit multiple times they are just aoe

Chains and drifting lotus both hit multiple times and are aoe (there are other attacks they could have gone after in this space such as whirlwind attack)

They changed their minds on Cleave and G Cleave so the KoTC attacks should also have been reverted

edit the original Lamannia notes are:
Attacks that hit multiple times have had their bonus damage set lower to compensate for their multi-hit status.
This pretty much only affects two things: Drifting Lotus and the set of Shadar-Kai's Spiked Chain attacks. Each of these are set to 10% bonus damage.
Attacks that had a high W scale for their level and are AOEs have been adjusted to appropriate values
Example: Cleave, Great Cleave, and their associated Exalted versions in Knight of the Chalice are now 10% damage for regular and 20% for the great cleave versions.

Last edited:

Hammatimes

They changed their minds on Cleave and G Cleave so the KoTC attacks should also have been reverted
But they weren't, they were nerfed to 10% and 30% which is why I'm asking their justification because their reasoning of being accessible at a low level makes no sense.

Tonkababe

Anyone else having issues getting logged in after the update. My game will act as if it wants to get going and then just closes out.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
Tried all the items include 20 and nothing, it goes to the starting screen and then just shuts down.....
Bummer. If you find a solution, can you post it on that thread just so it's easy to share to others in the future? Good luck.