Dragon Horde unfound locations

Mr Blue

March 2006
I didn't want this to get lost in the other thread. It is already a little messy.

Dragon Horde PieceQuestLevelChest Notes
1stSacrifices1(Optional) Put to rest the skeletal mage
2ndImmortality Lessons6(Optional) Look for the Curious Door/(Optional) Speak to Scath the Vorpal
3rdThe Pit7(Optional) Slay Avatar of Juiblex
4thInto the Deep9(Optional) Venture to the pit and destroy the Demon
5thInvitation to Dinner10(Optional) Engage Strahd again (aka, Death Card)
6thThe Chamber of Raiyum12(Optional) Find a way into the treasure chamber
7thMired in Kobolds13(Optional) Face Sinvala
8thMadstone Crater14(Optional) Slay 6 Madstone Enchanters
9thSearch and Rescue15(Optional) Drow Outpost: Slay the High Priestess
10thRoll Call16(Optional) Defeat Soot
11thServants of the Overlord16(Optional) Disrupt the Drow ritual
12thA Study in Sable26(Optional) Save all four of the guests
13thEpic Desecrated Temple of Vol29(Optional) Defeat the Inevitables of Dolurrh

• I am GUESSING they don't want pieces too far into epic levels (if at all) based on the past rewards.
  • If we assume they would have spread them out among the available non epic level quests, then it seems like it should be about every 3 quests, starting at level 1 then 4 then 7 and so on.
  • If we assume that the quests will be free to play to avoid forcing people to buy content to get access to them.
  • I am ASSuming that a gold chest won't be in a raid. This would restrict getting the piece to raid groups only and they historically have not forced people to raid.
This narrows down where to look for the missing pieces.

As a prediction, I think the 2nd piece may be found in a level 4, free to play quest.
I am guessing "Proof is in the poison" or "Whisperdoom's Spawn" or something like that, due to the complexity and length of the quest.

Information was taken from Original Dragon Horde Thread , Discord channels and past seasons.

Last edited:

Kiany

The other pattern is that the hoard pieces are coming from optionals in quests.
I'm wondering if they would have thrown at least 1 in a slayer area?

Also, since these are with optionals, does the chest spawn even if the optional is not there? Like the ooze in the pit?

G.W.

I'd guess Servants of the Overlord, with the Drow Ritual optional. That's just a guess, but seems to match - Free to Play, with a hard optional.

Spook

I doubt they would restrict themselves to specific levels - i think they will choose FTP quests with optionals that are usually skipped on hardcore eg

Search and Rescue - Drow outpost
Tempest spine (full run)

TrinityTurtle

I'm wondering if they would have thrown at least 1 in a slayer area?

Also, since these are with optionals, does the chest spawn even if the optional is not there? Like the ooze in the pit?
While possible, I think it's unlikely. I've noticed the one thing about the locations that have been found in common is that while they're optionals, they're not random rares. They're in chests that are always in the quest. There are SOME things in the rares that qualify for that, I suppose it would be worth checking into the Red Fens rare that you have to get the crests to pop but is guaranteed to be there if take the time to find them, but I'm inclined to thinking hunting non-guaranteed rares would be a waste of time.

Bunker

Small assumption here. But if each location is tied to an 'optional chest' which it appears to be so far.

It would make sense that it is an optional chest that is always available. Each time you run the quest.

Spook

I am just hoping the last piece isnt in study in the sable or brothers of the forge - I have no intention of getting to that level

TrinityTurtle

what if it is a free to play quest every 6 levels with an optional chest that is always spawned?
THe math doesnt work. There are 7 chests, that progression would require levels 1, 7, 13, 19, 25, 31, and 37. There are no level 37 quests in the game.

saekee

long live ROGUE
well I suggest the waterworks location opt where you swim to the zombies. Putting my money there.

If only FtP and level 16 then Acid Wit with its Optionals should be obvious.

If level 19 then you have some challenging Amrath quests with weird side paths and optionals—maybe down one of the Sins of Attrition corridors. But that is not FtP…

Last edited:

TrinityTurtle

well I suggest the waterworks location opt where you swim to the zombies. Putting my money there.

If only FtP and level 16 then Acid Wit with its Optionals should be obvious.

If level 19 then you have some challenging Amrath quests with weird side paths and optionals—maybe down one of the Sins of Attrition corridors. But that is not FtP…
IN addition to the zombies there are also chests on the left when you first come in that no one tends to go to, might be worth checking those too.

saekee

long live ROGUE
If I were the devs I would put the other one in Hiding in Plain Sight. It is FtP, level 10, and has lots of places (plus the name of the quest cutely fits). There is an opt room behind a secret door in the first section where a nasty fight awaits you—I bet it is there.

Mr Blue

March 2006
If I were the devs I would put the other one in Hiding in Plain Sight. It is FtP, level 10, and has lots of places (plus the name of the quest cutely fits). There is an opt room behind a secret door in the first section where a nasty fight awaits you—I bet it is there.
Great guess :)