Dragon's Hoard locations

rabidfox

The People's Champion
This event looks to be a scavenger hunt with different locations for the dragon's hoard chests. The first location is in the quest sacrifices with the optional skeleton mage. If you find other locations, please post them here so we can crowdsource them all.

Locations so far:
lvl 1 - Sacrifices - skeleton mage optional
lvl 6 - Immortality Lessons - Unicorn chest
lvl 7 - The Pit (optional chest) - The Avatar of Juiblex option.
lvl 9 - Into the Deep - Hezrou optional at the end of the quest
lvl 10 - Invitation to Dinner - Confront Strahd again optiona
lvl 12 - Wiz King - treasure room
lvl 13 - Mired in Kobolds's - Mama dragon Optional
lvl 14 - Madstone - Mad Enchanter Optional
lvl 15 - Search and Rescue - optional Drow Outpost path
lvl 16 - Roll call optional
lvl 16 - Servants of the Overlord - extreme challenge optional
lvl 26 - Study in sable - save 4 guests optional
lvl 29- Epic Temple of Vol. - Marut optional (epic only version of the quest by design)

k1fzZUX.jpg

qMayyrq.jpg

Last edited:

Alternative

Any idea if some reaches level 5 and can't enter sacrifices anymore, would they have to start a new char? Kinda hesitant to even play now, when those locations are unknown.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
Any idea if some reaches level 5 and can't enter sacrifices anymore, would they have to start a new char? Kinda hesitant to even play now, when those locations are unknown.
Given the quest level lockout of +2, if you take lvl 4 then you would be locked out of it.

Arcanaverse

Solver of Secrets
The HC kobold rewards vendor provides hints to the locations once a teasure has been found.

0UdCzFE.jpg

I can see this hint now and I haven't picked up the first reward. If it was only unlocked after someone picked it up... this seems out of order no? That hint feels more like it would be for the first one, not the next. Is there a new hint?

rabidfox

The People's Champion
I can see this hint now and I haven't picked up the first reward. If it was only unlocked after someone picked it up... this seems out of order no? That hint feels more like it would be for the first one, not the next. Is there a new hint?
So when I first logged on, there were zero hints. When someone found the 1st chest there was a global announcement about it and then the Kobold offered a hint to help others find that same chest. So whenever someone finds the 2nd chest, it should then give everyone else a hint for it. Seems like it's a failsafe to help share info for anyone who wants to keep the secrets to themselves.

Crell_1

So when I first logged on, there were zero hints. When someone found the 1st chest there was a global announcement about it and then the Kobold offered a hint to help others find that same chest. So whenever someone finds the 2nd chest, it should then give everyone else a hint for it.
Did someone happen to be streaming/recording/screenshotting the world broadcast message? I'm curious what that bit looked like.

Arcanaverse

Solver of Secrets
So when I first logged on, there were zero hints. When someone found the 1st chest there was a global announcement about it and then the Kobold offered a hint to help others find that same chest. So whenever someone finds the 2nd chest, it should then give everyone else a hint for it. Seems like it's a failsafe to help share info for anyone who wants to keep the secrets to themselves.

Make sense when you put it that way. Ok cool. So... check every chest...

May of preferred a more hinted run, but checking every chest the game is pretty cool too.

PurpleSerpent

Monster Hunter of Moderate Renown
It is just "Someone has found a piece of the Dragon's Hoard." Probably stops you from just looking up which quest that person is in.

Crell_1

Do we have the second piece to verify that ? I say that because we've had Someone, Misadventure, as actual character names in past seasons.

axel15810

I like this idea but I really really really hope the devs thought this through and put options to collect the pieces at a variety of level ranges. If not there is going to be a lot of frustrated/disappointed players who find out they can't get X reward because their character is too high of a level and locked out of entering a dungeon that has a required piece.