Extended Downtime Notice: Wednesday, August 2nd 12:00 AM Eastern (-4 GMT) - 11:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT)

Cordovan

Community Manager
UPDATE: The game worlds have reopened, and the DDO Store is once again available! We've resolved an initial issue with the updated Store as well. Thank you for your patience during today's downtime!

The DDO game worlds will be unavailable for an extended period of time on Wednesday, August 2nd to facilitate an update to the DDO Store. You can read more about our DDO Store update on DDO.com. The downtime begins at Midnight Eastern (-4 GMT) and continues until 11:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT) on August 2nd. During this time, the game, web site, forums, and myaccount.standingstonegames.com will be unavailable. We apologize for the inconvenience and we will let you know when the game and associated web site(s) are available!

We will provide updates as needed during the downtime on our social media channels:

Facebook: Facebook.com/DDOunlimited
Twitter: Twitter.com/DDOunlimited
Threads: Threads.net/@ddounlimited

Last edited:

yobsoggoth

Will we be able to view Cosmetic items before purchase in the new store (via the "Try it on!" button)? This does not seem to work on the current store (opens something very notepad like on my screen instead of showing me the cosmetic temporarily).

Last edited:

rabidfox

The People's Champion
Will we be able to view Cosmetic items before purchase in the new store (via the "Try it on!" button? This does not seem to work on the current store (opens something very notepad like on my screen instead of showing me the cosmetic temporarily).
It works on the current store if running the 32-bit client (doesn't work on 64-bit). And doesn't work on either version of the game client with the new store (from testing on lam).

somenewnoob

Make sure to screenshot your current points before this happens!

I'm sure everything will go just fine, just like it always does.

Reactions: DBZ

Dude

The DDO game worlds will be unavailable for an extended period of time on Wednesday, August 2nd to facilitate an update to the DDO Store. You can read more about our DDO Store update on DDO.com. The downtime begins at Midnight Eastern (-4 GMT) and continues until 7:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT) on August 2nd. During this time, the game, web site, forums, and myaccount.standingstonegames.com will be unavailable. We apologize for the inconvenience and we will let you know when the game and associated web site(s) are available!

We will provide updates as needed during the downtime on our social media channels:

Facebook: Facebook.com/DDOunlimited
Twitter: Twitter.com/DDOunlimited
Threads: Threads.net/@ddounlimited
As Biggdaddy said, "The threads link goes to LOTRO instead of DDO."

Dude

Will we be able to view Cosmetic items before purchase in the new store (via the "Try it on!" button)? This does not seem to work on the current store (opens something very notepad like on my screen instead of showing me the cosmetic temporarily).
Not according to the FAQ.

Is there a “Preview” feature for cosmetic items in the Store?​

No, we do not currently offer a way to preview items prior to purchasing them in the Store. However, we have increased the size of our icons to give you a better visual representation of the offers before purchase.

althotas

19 hour downtime/ Wow. Never seen a software update take that long even on a server farm. Rather odd. Must be replacing the entire building and server farm.

Misadventure

Killing everybody on Hardcore with pleasure.
Hope they fix the ultra small script so we can actually read what they actually writing.

Hope they fix the part where they keep saying I havent bought the ex pack when I already have it long ago.

Hope they fix the lag when you open the store.

yobsoggoth

It works on the current store if running the 32-bit client (doesn't work on 64-bit). And doesn't work on either version of the game client with the new store (from testing on lam).
I checked and I am running the 32-bit client and it does not work. Used to work. Moot anyways as that feature is being programmed out.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
I checked and I am running the 32-bit client and it does not work. Used to work. Moot anyways as that feature is being programmed out.
Still works for me; but yeah, totally moot either way with it being gone for good this week. That's DDO for ya, one thing works for some people, doesn't work for others.

Last edited:

PsycProfAmy

Ever since update 60, I am unable to play without the game crashing every other quest unless I turn the master audio off in-game. I am also unable to target certain things (e.g., doors, levers, etc) randomly. Any plans to update this? It's super annoying playing with no sound and having to "backspace-U" to every other door/lever.

Cordovan

Community Manager
We are getting closer to tonight's start of a very long downtime! We have updated our downtime window to extend the downtime until 11:00pm Eastern (-4 GMT) on Wednesday. We apologize for the long downtime, but it is necessary due to the scope of the work and the need to interact with multiple groups around the world.

althotas

An explanation of why a full day is required for a software update would be appreciated by everyone I think. Only thing that makes sense is that you are replacing every piece of hardware on the farm.