Fire Over Morgrave Raid Loot Binding Status

Mand O'Lin

Singer of Songs Drinker of Drinks
It doesn't help with oversized TR caches, which is the worst part. It would help alts.
I disagree. There are many, many BtC on acquire items I have collected on my main which I doubt I will use anytime soon. This would allow me to offload the items to a mule until such time as I need it. Hence, fewer items in inventory when I TR.

Lazuli

I disagree. There are many, many BtC on acquire items I have collected on my main which I doubt I will use anytime soon. This would allow me to offload the items to a mule until such time as I need it. Hence, fewer items in inventory when I TR.
If you already have them, they will already be bound.

Mand O'Lin

Assuming they do not retroactively change the binding... If I get another one, I can feed my current one to a sentient gem and move the new one off to a mule. Thus freeing up TR space.

festasha

There could be a solution with a barter system. The old Crystal Cove items can be traded for the new versions, although that would probably be too much work for SSG to be able to offer a solution to unbinding all raid loot.

Mand O'Lin

It doesn't help storage; it does help running the raid less, which doesn't sound great long term.
It might help with running raids more. Items which are currently BtC could be re-acquired as BtA and removed from your TR cache. More, you would have little concern over which character is running a raid for a specific piece of gear due to binding status. This could cause an increase in raiding, at the expense of raid bypass timers.

Driaza

If we make this into a broader BTC/ BTA/ BTCoE etc conversation perhaps there is a system where items that are at level cap or above are BTC as they are now but as the level cap progress the BTC status is removed

So all the shinniest greatest lvl 32 gear is BTC but once we have level cap 34 this status is removed

Really how game breaking is it to have my level 11 old greensteel items be BTA now... would definitely make me consider more alts

And BTA means less of a pain during TR

Is this difficult to code?

I get the whole "i play the game as it is" but this is a game and we are players. We can make requests and slowly move the needle. Raid runes didnt exist once upon a time. I beleive 20th lists didnt either

So slowly we can get what we as players want

Mand O'Lin

If we make this into a broader BTC/ BTA/ BTCoE etc conversation perhaps there is a system where items that are at level cap or above are BTC as they are now but as the level cap progress the BTC status is removed

So all the shinniest greatest lvl 32 gear is BTC but once we have level cap 34 this status is removed

Really how game breaking is it to have my level 11 old greensteel items be BTA now... would definitely make me consider more alts

And BTA means less of a pain during TR

Is this difficult to code?

I get the whole "i play the game as it is" but this is a game and we are players. We can make requests and slowly move the needle. Raid runes didnt exist once upon a time. I beleive 20th lists didnt either

So slowly we can get what we as players want
I think this is a fine idea! However, I don't see it happening. My impression is much of the work required to do this would be done manually, item-by-item. Man-hours with little to no ROI.

Apart from being used as a res-clicky, I have not used any GS in years.

Scrag

As I have said before, this utterly destroys raid desire for casuals who just don't have the time to run them, sometimes at all.

Great, you got an item you REALLY want in the one raid you ran in the past three weeks, but guess what, it was on an alt that doesnt need it.

And the alt that DOES need it can't handle raids very well at level X on life Y.

There is limited reason to run a raid as a casual other than to have fun with close friends in the limited time you might have.

It is absurd that there are things that will NEVER be purchasable with runes or whatever. Another good reason why raiding as a casual is of limited use. You will never. ever. ever get the one thing you might want.

Suck it up buttercup, we don't want you to achieve parity _no matter how long you spend playing the game_, in your limited time available?

Driaza

I think this is a fine idea! However, I don't see it happening. My impression is much of the work required to do this would be done manually, item-by-item. Man-hours with little to no ROI.

Apart from being used as a res-clicky, I have not used any GS in years.
I still use my Greensteel goggles during caster TRs, blindness immune and the spell point boost is nice through level 11-15 plus concordant opposition.

I use level 5, 10, 15 gear sets during TRs and the goggles fit in nicely for example. Or i have some elemental HP on other toons.

Was just one example though. Say you have some nice lvl 20-25 gear just shelved forever on your main level 32 with all the past lives you need. Pass it to an alt and have some fun with it.

Guntango

Great, you got an item you REALLY want in the one raid you ran in the past three weeks, but guess what, it was on an alt that doesnt need it.

And the alt that DOES need it can't handle raids very well at level X on life Y.

There is limited reason to run a raid as a casual other than to have fun with close friends in the limited time you might have.

It is absurd that there are things that will NEVER be purchasable with runes or whatever. Another good reason why raiding as a casual is of limited use. You will never. ever. ever get the one thing you might want.

Suck it up buttercup, we don't want you to achieve parity _no matter how long you spend playing the game_, in your limited time available?
So raid more.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
Change raid loot to BtA. Then add a huge number of themed raid level cosmetic items to new and old raids (and add more on a regular basis) that can be bought via threads and runes. Storage and alts are happy, and it gives an infinite grind for pretty cosmetic looks.

dur

aka Cybersquirt
The loot in the new raid "Fire Over Morgrave" is improperly set to be Bound to Account. We intend to change the binding status of the loot in our next game update, tentatively set for next week. After the update, this loot will become Bound to Character. Any loot acquired prior to the fix will see its binding status change at that time.
The nail in the coffin for getting this expansion. I don't need anymore BtC items, tyvm.