Fire Over Morgrave Raid Loot Binding Status

Nimrud

The decision to make some items BtC was IMO one of the most stupid ideas brought into this game (to be clear: I'm talking about the decision, not the person who made it). Therefore when any dev says that "we don't hate alt playing" it's just empty words from player's point of view - the reality we can see in DDO simply does not support such claims. And I'm sorry to say that, because besides that I like this game.

Jummby

The decision to make some items BtC was IMO one of the most stupid ideas brought into this game (to be clear: I'm talking about the decision, not the person who made it). Therefore when any dev says that "we don't hate alt playing" it's just empty words from player's point of view - the reality we can see in DDO simply does not support such claims. And I'm sorry to say that, because besides that I like this game.
They are so sensitive to any criticism, smart to temper it.

I dont Like gimps

They are so sensitive to any criticism, smart to temper it.
to be fair people are constantly ***** on them (wether thats reasonable or not is whole nother topic of its own) so Im not suprised it builds up.
2. different perceptions I guess , I personally rarely feel like they are super sensitive to criticism (if its constructive)

John3000

The loot in the new raid "Fire Over Morgrave" is improperly set to be Bound to Account. We intend to change the binding status of the loot in our next game update, tentatively set for next week. After the update, this loot will become Bound to Character. Any loot acquired prior to the fix will see its binding status change at that time.

Hi Cordovan,

I have to agree with others in this forum that BTC items are a major pain and headache and here are some constructive reasons why :

1) The lack of BTC storage. 17 years, 61 updates and still no increase in BTC storage.... Please stop giving out BTC items until BTC storage can be increased.

2) A TR nightmare : Reincarnations are such that most of your BTC items will be useless on your next life. So what do we do with these hard earned items ? The BTC bank becomes quickly saturated after 1 or 2 lives... (Some will say scrap them, and refarm them when needed... But not everyone has the time to do so, and if they are so easy to farm, then why make them BTC in the first place ? BTC should be special, and special items should be held on to. Otherwise, just make them BTA in the first place.)

3) It discourages playing with ALTs. The TR aspect of the game already discourages leveling and playing ALTs. You guys should be encouraging ALTs. Why ? Because by encouraging ALTs, you are :
a) Encouraging experimentation and diversity of classes and builds. People have an easier time experimenting on ALTs than on their Main
b) It allows people to switch playstyles : PUG needs tank, no prob, I switch to tank. PUG needs healer, no prob... no pigeon hole. Community happy, players happy = a healthy DDO game scene
c) It reduces "game burnouts". Sev stopped/slowed the "dailies" scene a few years back in order to encourage playing different quests and reduce the "game fatigue/burnout" Well, ALTs will do this probably just as effectively as you can switch out play styles when you want.

4) Financially speaking, I'm pretty sure things will work out. Either BTC storage gets addressed, and so its business as usual. Or else focus breaking the ALTs barriers. BTC to BTA is only a piece of the puzzle, but how many "wishes of inheritance" do you sell vs Tomes (skill, learning, ability, etc...) I'm willing to bet the move is a better long term choice and will positively impact your NPS.

Just my two cents.

Cheers

BATCHEST

I remember the release of Skellies some items were BTA and i managed to transfer some of the loot i got to my main... Happy days

Mand O'Lin

Singer of Songs Drinker of Drinks
The new repeater is giving me a negative level for being lawful but there's nothing in the descriptions of effects on the item about that.
The weapon does not follow the rules?
Hmmm... must be chaotic.

Driaza

Why cant you just keep items from this raid BTA and then make a decision on a raid by raid basis in future?

If there are other more serious issues with this raid then fix them but please keep items BTA for this raid

The hardcore players out there have probably ransacked all their toons and run this probably 40+ times already

Im guessing they have everything they need from this raid - appart from the Secrets aspect so may not be inclined to run this alot after the patch.

This raid will be mainly run for the weapons and i would think none of this is game breaking

Please give those of us who lack the time or the money to have ransacked this to hell in a week or so the chance to have the same opportunity to pass on these weapons to our alts.

Ying

5000+ hours played
The hardcore players out there have probably ransacked all their toons and run this probably 40+ times already

Im guessing they have everything they need from this raid - appart from the Secrets aspect so may not be inclined to run this alot after the patch.
Our guild ransacked the raid three times. We'll continue to run the raid regularly for the secret chest, as well as threads. It's only a 10 min raid on R1, making it the quickest legendary raid to complete.

Driaza

Our guild ransacked the raid three times. We'll continue to run the raid regularly for the secret chest, as well as threads. It's only a 10 min raid on R1, making it the quickest legendary raid to complete.
I think you are not disagreeing with keeping the drops BTA :)

There are ofcourse other reasons to run this raid, as you say its also very short and I find it the most fun raid in years so it will continue to be run.

All I'm saying is that i think it would be great to keep loot (and only loot) BTA going forwards for THIS raid only. Some folks dont have the time and some folks dont have the money to ransack the raid 3 times even considering its a 10min raid. Note at R1 its a 10 min raid for a goodish guild run. For PUGs Epic HArd is where its at and drop rates are reduced further.

Im not asking for any other raids to be changed retrospectively.

And future raids - well do some Q&A with the community and see what comes out of it.

Last edited:

Ying

5000+ hours played
I couldn't care less about the binding status. I play the game as it is, not how I wish it would be. I do think SSG should be exploring alternate rules servers, such as trading/auctioning named items. It's the most popular ruleset for Daybreak's EverQuest time-locked progression servers.

Lazuli

Guilds dedicated to raiding are going to play the raids even if they have all the loot. Lava divers continue doing the old raids, and at this point they no longer get anything useful from them, except threads. I'm not in a dedicated raiding raid, but I like the social aspect of raids and play them on pugs every chance I get.

It's nonsense that raids are only played for loot. If they are fun and not a slog, they are played anyway, with or without loot. Of course, the loot makes it even more exciting. But it's not the only thing that keeps a raid alive.

Driaza

All I'm saying is that the current Raid item's are BTA. Just keep it that way

Im asking for something to change - just asking for something not to change

Not going to be a game stopper either way but i think alot of folks would appreciate the status quo on this

Ying

5000+ hours played
SSG refused to keep the VU artifacts BtA, so I don't know why people think they'd do anything different for raid gear. All this raid release has done is demonstrate SSG's quality assurance process has a very low standard for success criteria. Rerolling raid chests, BtA gear (except for the runearm), no Threads of Fate, no +8 tomes in the main chest, and item effects that aren't scaling properly. The only thing they didn't screw up are raid runes, which have been passable at release for some other raids (and subsequently fixed).

Lazuli

SSG refused to keep the VU artifacts BtA, so I don't know why people think they'd do anything different for raid gear. All this raid release has done is demonstrate SSG's quality assurance process has a very low standard for success criteria. Rerolling raid chests, BtA gear (except for the runearm), no Threads of Fate, no +8 tomes in the main chest, and item effects that aren't scaling properly. The only thing they didn't screw up are raid runes, which have been passable at release for some other raids (and subsequently fixed).
Because although we know that it will be of no use in this case, it helps SSG to realize our level of disagreement with the state of the loot and storage.

Many of us are tired of the game's deplorable storage system, which is reaching saturation levels. We are tired of spending an hour or mroe emptying the TR cache because there is an excess of btc items. We are tired of having so many mules, and that in each xpack and each pack they create more loot but not more storage.

If we don't complain, Ying, there will never be changes. Complaints may not be useful for this raid, but SSG has to start thinking about the problem of storage and an oversized TR cache. It is a problem that is not solved by selling 10 slots to a single character in packages of 100 bucks. That is rather an insult to our intelligence.

A review of btc items is the first step to solve the problem. Not the last by far, but it is a fact that there are an excess of btc items in the game. By God, even the Crystal Cove compasses are BTC. What nonsense.

And honestly, alts also need urgent help. They are in a dying state. So much grind, so many obstacles to alts... SSG would sell more tomes and more storage if they incentivized alts instead of creating a lot of btc loot.

Guntango

Because although we know that it will be of no use in this case, it helps SSG to realize our level of disagreement with the state of the loot and storage.

Many of us are tired of the game's deplorable storage system, which is reaching saturation levels. We are tired of spending an hour or mroe emptying the TR cache because there is an excess of btc items. We are tired of having so many mules, and that in each xpack and each pack they create more loot but not more storage.

If we don't complain, Ying, there will never be changes. Complaints may not be useful for this raid, but SSG has to start thinking about the problem of storage and an oversized TR cache. It is a problem that is not solved by selling 10 slots to a single character in packages of 100 bucks. That is rather an insult to our intelligence.

A review of btc items is the first step to solve the problem. Not the last by far, but it is a fact that there are an excess of btc items in the game. By God, even the Crystal Cove compasses are BTC. What nonsense.

And honestly, alts also need urgent help. They are in a dying state. So much grind, so many obstacles to alts... SSG would sell more tomes and more storage if they incentivized alts instead of creating a lot of btc loot.
There is a solution to your problems…