Fix - Tumbling as movement speed increase

kriegzilla

Currently there is an exploit in the game that allows characters to tumble almost as fast as a fully speed boosted monk. This is clearly an exploit of the tumble mechanic. While I know this is a fantasy game, this is clearly not WAI and should be resolved. I can‘t post the mechanics on how to do it becaue that would be a violation of the terms of service, iirc.

Upvote 1

Shear-buckler

/Signed. Either fix it or acknowledge that tumbling is supposed to be the fastest way to move for the vast majority of characters.

ACJ97F

It's not an exploit, Tumble works that way, regardless of what people think "clearly" means. We don't need another 16-page thread. Tumble
scales, 35 puts you about (32%) so basically Haste. Yes, with more you're getting close to monk-speed, but IMO it looks silly to roll like that.

Pretty sure they already said it's a non-issue, and they closed the other thread because of the argument.

Onyxia2016

Of all the things to be complain about needed fixed in this game I never saw tumbling being high on the list.
If someone wants to do their Sonic the Hedgehog impersonation, more power to them.
So if I am on my monk and someone is keeping pace with me great, I do not have to stop every so often for them to catch up.

So long as I am not forced to use this mechanic, I say live and let live.

FVSHasBeenEvenMoreGutted

this is a stupid post. just because your arent skilled enough to do it doesn't mean that it should go away. its like bad players asking to remove r10 because its too hard. and its been this way for months, are you sure its an exploit? can I have a link to where it's an exploit? and if it is an exploit why hasn't 50% of the population been banned for using a skill?

Hoccleve

I quite like that it makes a skill more useful, but OTOH it does look a bit ridiculous. And I generally enjoy PUGs which are a bit less zergy, so overall I'd be happy with a bit of nerf. On the third hand, my monk with abundant step and sprint is still going to win the race, providing I don't get lost.

DDO Gaming

We expect to take a deeper look into this in the future and make some adjustments. The improvements to Tumble are not intended to promote people tumbling through dungeons as a form of general movement, so for gameplay and visual reasons we'll sort it out.
did someone say..."nerf"? :ROFLMAO:

be careful what you post guys :ROFLMAO:(y)

The Blonde

Catalogues Bugs
We expect to take a deeper look into this in the future and make some adjustments. The improvements to Tumble are not intended to promote people tumbling through dungeons as a form of general movement, so for gameplay and visual reasons we'll sort it out.
Great to hear, thank you!

l_remmie

Always said it was not intended and we should enjoy it while we can. I just hope they don't make it impossible, just less OP.