Hardcore PSA

Aelonwy

As it was NOT included in the FAQ but perhaps should have been, let me remind new(er) Hardcore Players that mounts and cosmetic pets do NOT transfer with your Hardcore characters unless you KEEP their certificate in your inventory and do NOT add them to your stable. Once they are added to your stable they are tied to that server which will be eventually wiped. This is important information should you acquire a pet or mount off Gold Daily Dice or purchase something from the store.

Also of less importance but very helpful advice nonetheless should you have amassed a lot of astral shards on Hardcore you can either spend them on Gold Daily Dice or you can purchase augments from various vendors such as Collectible Vendors around Stormreach, Gianthold, and Randall Lyric in all expansion zones. Astral Shards will not transfer they are server bound but augments will and if you do not need the augments yourself on your home server you may be able to recoup some or all of your astral shards by selling augments on the Shard Exchange.

Aelonwy

Please feel free to add any other generic Hardcore advice you believe new(er) Hardcore players should know.

Sylvado

Also when the season ends so do the daily rolls so don't hold shards to spend on rolls during the after party. This was done to keep players from holding their transfer until the last hours to get rolls, not that I ever did that. :)

Cordovan

Community Manager
The mount certificate thing should largely be a non-issue after tomorrow (release notes coming soon), but I've now added a note about spending down your Astral Shard balances prior to the start of the After Party, specifically stating that Daily Dice will not be available. Anything else?

saekee

long live ROGUE
You get all the first-time server bonuses for store points, so if you do nothing else, get to 50 favor. You could have fun getting the other first-time favor bonuses too that are 500, 1000 and every 1K after that.

But really, no reason not to grind the 50.

saekee

long live ROGUE
A question: if you unlock, say, Favored Soul, that does not persist into the next HC season, correctamungo?

Zuldar

Buy elemental resistance and protection potions. You can buy 10 and 20 point resistance potions easily and combined with a protection potion means you can avoid up to 80 damage from a spell or trap. Protection from Energy potions have a no minimum level to use and a 60 point absorb may mean the difference between getting past a trap and having to reroll.

Don't sit on your platinum use it to help keep yourself alive.

Owlbear

At the end of the season you can free transfer your character with all the server exclusive items to a normal server. So you get an extra copy of like Elieri Thistledown (Permanent Gold Seal Hireling) or certain (Historic) tomes if you bought stuff like that before.

Silverfox

The Starter Pack that used to be available in the DDO Market has a level 3 Cleric Gold Seal Hireling Elieri Thistledown that can be transferred to another server.

Dependent up expansion pack type

The Menace of the Underdark Expansion Packs offer lesser and greater tomes of learning BTC a couple of companions, collars, and a cosmetic mask. These items are given to the first character opening the expansion pack first on the server.

Shadowfell Expansions offer a lesser and greater tome of epic learning BTA a companion and several BTA cosmetic items.

You can also receive historic tomes of destiny BTA

If you choose not to collect your favor rewards with the representative you can transfer to a new server and collect your favor rewards on that server.

This includes

Artificer Class - 150 House Cannith Favor

Level 4 character start - 1000 favor

32 poin builds - 1750 favor

Favored Soul - 2500 favor

Level 7 character start - 3000 favor

Saving your Favor rewards will keep you from collecting your +2 tome and your +5 tome from Nyx in the harbor

I also have saved my enhancement tree rewards and collected them on a transfer server I am not sure if this is needed but my builds have not required these trees so I chose to collect them later.

This has given my free to play accounts access on each server to all of these options and has not cost me any points

You can still collect your Coin Lords and House Kundarak bank favor for extra storage space since it does not involve Nyx

The mount certificate thing should largely be a non-issue after tomorrow (release notes coming soon), but I've now added a note about spending down your Astral Shard balances prior to the start of the After Party, specifically stating that Daily Dice will not be available. Anything else?

I hear this, but I'm still confused.
Will this fix the issue of people who xfer from non-hardcore servers to other servers, in relation to Mounts and Pets.

I lost my mounts and pets ( stuff I got from Dev giveaways and Gold Rolls ), when I xfered. A way to get those would make xfering more incentivised and less painful.

Turning already used mounts/pets back into a cert would be cool, but for all those people who xfered already means, it might cost 2495 to xfer another blank character just to get the certs moved.

Halp!

rabidfox

The People's Champion
  • Mounts and Pets that are granted account-wide from special offers going forward, such as Expansions or limited time releases, will now automatically apply to your stable upon login, rather than appearing in your inventory as certificates. An alert will appear to notify you that your Mount or Pet has been added to your Stable. This behavior is not yet retroactive to older special offers or Expansions, where you'll still need to either speak with the claim NPC or activate the claim tickets to obtain the Mount/Pet certificates like usual. Individual Mounts or Pets obtained through Daily Dice, Quest rewards, or DDO Store offers that aren't account-wide will continue to utilize certificates.
"Individual Mounts or Pets obtained through Daily Dice, Quest rewards, or DDO Store offers that aren't account-wide will continue to utilize certificates." So doesn't actually fix anything for anyone; the warning still stands. Don't claim an of the unique dice roll mounts/pets on HC.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
I hear this, but I'm still confused.
Will this fix the issue of people who xfer from non-hardcore servers to other servers, in relation to Mounts and Pets.

I lost my mounts and pets ( stuff I got from Dev giveaways and Gold Rolls ), when I xfered. A way to get those would make xfering more incentivised and less painful.

Turning already used mounts/pets back into a cert would be cool, but for all those people who xfered already means, it might cost 2495 to xfer another blank character just to get the certs moved.

Halp!
From the notes, none of those mounts/pets are covered by the change, so it'll make no difference to you. It looks like it's just less inventory clutter on new alts where expansion mounts won't appear in your bags anymore as those mounts are auto-granted to every server.

Mary

Great post and here's a guide for Astral Shards just to reiterate what was said above.

Astral Shards cannot be transferred, so you must use them before you transfer off.
There are different ways to spend astral shards, you can:

1. Re-Roll Chests in dungeons
2. Buy guild ship amenities or donate to a guild
3. Buy items off the shard market
4. Do extra gold/silver daily dice rolls
5. Purchase augments from augment vendors. Augment vendors can be found around the various zones.

NOTE: gold/silver rolls are turned off when the season ends and are not available during the afterparty. That change was added in season 7. You can still spend your shards during the afterparty using the other methods. Any augment you purchase using method 5 could be transferred off server, as an example.

Mary

I have suggested in the past to SSG make a bauble that we can purchase with our leftover astral shards that we could transfer off and then claim on our new server. It would be a new NPC etc, Hall of Heroes. Would love it if they did this for guilds too, allowing me to turn the guild into a stone, take it to a new server, then click and activate it on its new home.

LrdSlvrhnd

The mount certificate thing should largely be a non-issue after tomorrow (release notes coming soon)

So... this isn't actually true at all then, right? Because the concern is about server-specific certificates gotten from DD and quest rewards which *aren't* account-wide, not ones that people would be able to replace/already have on their home server.

Aelonwy

The mount certificate thing should largely be a non-issue after tomorrow (release notes coming soon),
I'm sorry Cordovan, either you were misinformed before the Release notes came out or something is not correct with the Release notes because the PSA I was giving was for Gold Dice won mounts and cosmetic pets, or store bought not Expansion Bundled ones. The release notes clearly indicate the ones I specified will be unaffected.

Varsha Ravenlock

• Full agreement on purchasing augments with your Astral Shards
Having 30% striding at level 8 is great for your "stronger" or "tanky" party members. Costs only 12 Shards.
Heavy Fortification level 8 at 12 Shards.
Feather falling level 4 at 8 Shards.
  • Reroll chests or rerun quests that drop useful named loot.

• Mysterious Remnants are great as well to fill in missing stats with augments.
By level 8 I slot up a +5 main and dump stats along with the defense and resistance augments.
  • Dump your excess platinum in your shared bank or into the guild coffers after each session.
Sucks when close to 100k plat ends up in the abyss of death!
  • Pick up every safe collectable you see. It may not be useful for you, but it might be useful for your party,
guild leader or live server character.

LrdSlvrhnd

Having 30% striding at level 8 is great for your "stronger" or "tanky" party members. Costs only 12 Shards.
Also good for your "weaker" or "squishy" party members - easier to stay (or get) out of danger if you're faster!

Heartily endorse FF & Heavy Fort augs as well. As well as dumping excess plat in the shared bank, as well as items. If you're not using it, don't keep it on the character you're running if you can at all help it! "Oh, these goggles will be great next level!" - they'll still be great in your shared bank, and you can pull them out when you take the level.

On a related note, I like to run a bard up to at least 3 (for Bardic Inspiration), and preferably 5 (for Feywild set bonus) and then just park them in the Saltmarsh Tavern. All my loot goes to the bard for selling, and I try not to do anything on the AH except on this parked bard (NOTE: If you're in one of the popular guilds, now is the time to leave the guild on friendly terms rather than taking up a spot). The only thing worse than dying with a large bank, is dying with a dozen items in the AH.