Hardcore PSA

Sylvado

"Individual Mounts or Pets obtained through Daily Dice, Quest rewards, or DDO Store offers that aren't account-wide will continue to utilize certificates." So doesn't actually fix anything for anyone; the warning still stands. Don't claim an of the unique dice roll mounts/pets on HC.
It is possible that although they will still use certificates, when the certificate is redeemed it applies account wide, but we need clarification on that.

Cordovan

Community Manager
I'm sorry Cordovan, either you were misinformed before the Release notes came out or something is not correct with the Release notes because the PSA I was giving was for Gold Dice won mounts and cosmetic pets, or store bought not Expansion Bundled ones. The release notes clearly indicate the ones I specified will be unaffected.
I was of the belief you were talking about Hardcore reward pets and mounts. Yes, existing gold dice pets and mounts will continue to utilize certificates.

Nimrud

If you want to utilize Cannith Crafting, don't use your main (or any questing toon) for this - because if you die, your crafting progress is gone and you need to start over. Make a special character for it - best one is human, because humans can take Mark of Making feat, which can give you up to +10 to crafting skills.

Same goes for trading - use a mule to post items on AH, because if you die - you can't get your items back until the Afterparty or server transfer.

Collectables are valuable - make sure you empty your bags to your shared Crafting Storage on every bank visit.

Use collectable vendors - they can give you useful potions, like GH.

Get that House P favor as soon as you can. 60-minute Elemental Resist 20 with Jump and Water Breathing is super useful!

Zerg with caution - it can easily cause red alert, which proved many times to be fatal for some characters, even in the wilderness zones...

PurpleSerpent

Monster Hunter of Moderate Renown
Xfers have been open throughout the entire season for ages; you don't have to wait until the afterparty. The only reason to wait would be if one is alive and on the leaderboards.
Oh, indeed? My mistake, then.

Of course, you don't necessarily need to transfer at all; deleting the character will do exactly the same (feels like a bit of a shame, but then character slots can fill up quickly, especially if you're on a F2P account.)

Sylvado

Oh, indeed? My mistake, then.

Of course, you don't necessarily need to transfer at all; deleting the character will do exactly the same (feels like a bit of a shame, but then character slots can fill up quickly, especially if you're on a F2P account.)
No need to lose the inventory you die with, transfer save what you want, then delete.

TrinityTurtle

Buy elemental resistance and protection potions. You can buy 10 and 20 point resistance potions easily and combined with a protection potion means you can avoid up to 80 damage from a spell or trap. Protection from Energy potions have a no minimum level to use and a 60 point absorb may mean the difference between getting past a trap and having to reroll.

Don't sit on your platinum use it to help keep yourself alive.
Adding on: Buy healing pots, remove curse/blind/disease/lesser restoration. The general behavior of hc is pretty positive helping each other, but as a suncleric mixed damage/healer the past two seasons, a LOT of people would not help themselves and expected me to be able to fix everything for them and forget the other four players. Help yourself also, because sometimes I have to pick to cast at the long guy that got outta range of the mass option or the ohter three grouped up souls. And it's always going to be saving the most I can... so...helping yourself long enough while my casting animation clears to cast the next one or saving my mana for healing by taking care of your own status issues (blindness, exhaustion, disease) etc also can help you live longer. :)

Sarlona Raiding

I buy the 30 AS from the store for 195 ddo points. With the 30 AS I buy a level 8 striding and level 8 heavy fort augment for 24 AS and use the other 6 as seed money for my auctions. To the extent I have extra AS at the end of the season I always just buy augments rather than gold rolls. I think the value is much better.

Sylvado

I buy the 30 AS from the store for 195 ddo points. With the 30 AS I buy a level 8 striding and level 8 heavy fort augment for 24 AS and use the other 6 as seed money for my auctions. To the extent I have extra AS at the end of the season I always just buy augments rather than gold rolls. I think the value is much better.
You don't join a guild in HC?

Zuldar

Adding to this; if you can't buy the augments you can run A Relic of the Sovereign Past on casual to relatively safely get a heavy fort necklace at level 9. There's quite a few other decent items there that might be useful as well.

Aelonwy

Since HC is coming up again and this is something I have to look up every time because I always forget... When you transfer the character to your main server, if you have the dreaded -1 at the end of the character's name you can type /changename {newname_here} without the brackets.

For example Tamsyn-1, type /changename Tamilyn in general chat and viola, as long as the new name isn't taken you have renamed your character without -1.

The_Apocalypse

New player advice.
If able, always wear a Deathblock item.
If able, get a Anti-Beholder Crystal trinket item from the DDO store for 50 DDO points before fighting beholders.
Yes, ladders are MORE of a pain in the arse than they are on normal servers.
If able, always wear a Feather Fall item. Otherwise, be alert/paranoid in potential fall areas. Falling from lag is a thing.
If you cannot breathe under water, get a water breathing item. Drowning from lag is a thing.
Do NOT swim in the lava. Even if you can handle the damage, burning to death from lag is a thing.

Misadventure

Killing everybody on Hardcore with pleasure.
At the end of the season you can free transfer your character with all the server exclusive items to a normal server. So you get an extra copy of like Elieri Thistledown (Permanent Gold Seal Hireling) or certain (Historic) tomes if you bought stuff like that before.
Do note that the characters you transfer out of hardcore will take a very long time to log off on normal servers, like up to 15min waiting for them to log off.

xaktakorf

Do note that the characters you transfer out of hardcore will take a very long time to log off on normal servers, like up to 15min waiting for them to log off.
Yeah! This is a strange one, but very real. I really hope SSG will invest some time to investigate this one.

Sylvado

I have never had this happen I sometimes have a delay of 2 or 3 minutes for a character that had not logged in for a long time but not just transfer characters and never anywhere close to 15 minutes.

Misadventure

Killing everybody on Hardcore with pleasure.
Yeah! This is a strange one, but very real. I really hope SSG will invest some time to investigate this one.

I have never had this happen I sometimes have a delay of 2 or 3 minutes for a character that had not logged in for a long time but not just transfer characters and never anywhere close to 15 minutes.
I said UP TO, not flat must wait 15mins.

Its especially prevalent in the earlier hardcore characters, I can log off like 10 times and the character still havent log off.

Altra

I have a question.
I bought Feywild with dollars as soon as it came out.
Last hardcore, I started a character. She had no mount in her stable.

Do mounts not transfer TO hardcore with you? I saw a few people riding white unicorns around, I find it hard to believe they bought Feywild just to play on hardcore. (Yeah, you can get one from dice rolls, but not the first day or so, I wouldn't think)

So was it just a glitch for me, or is there something I'm not doing right?

Thank you.