Hey Tonquin!

Dvinesword

According to the thread Grand Theft Aureon puzzle broken?, the tile puzzle in that quest has stopped working properly since the reset lever was added in U66. Neither the "press all the buttons once" solution nor the solution on the in-quest note work.
The problem with the puzzle. That I experienced last night is that the reset lever does not relight all buttons. It leaves button 7 dark so the normal solutions do not work.

QuantumFX

Velah's Fury and Good hope interact in an annoying way:
(Effects): You have multiple effects granting a Morale bonus to Damage that do not stack. ( Good Hope and Velah's Fury )

Since VF keeps refreshing every few seconds, the GH icon keeps popping up over my character's head.

Dvinesword

Last night after a fellow player set his epic destinies back up after the big changes in draconic he decided to go into the macrotechnic tree as he is playing an Arti. After filling tin the tree we ran some quests and he said he didn't think that Tonquin's Lightning Hammer was doin any damage. So we decided to test it and low and behold you would get the animation but not damager numbers and no indication in the combat logs that you had even cast anything.

I decided to test it so I reset my trees and spent the 6 points to get Tonquin's Lightning Hammer and it worked.
So next step I had him do the same thing and it worked.
Then we had him slowly start spending points one at a time in the tree and testing in between until it stopped working. It continued to work until he put 2 point into strike drive and took any of the options in the multi-selector. Once the points were spent Tonquin's Lightning Hammer stopped doing any damage or giving indication it was cast with the exception of the animation.

Talzor

The new "Throw the Boom" doesn't work the same as the"Knights Challenge" that it used to be an update for. When using "Knight Challenge" there is no interruption in movement, but when using "Throw the Boom" it stops you from moving for a short while. This is rather jarring to use and if unintentional would be really nice to get fixed.
Did a bit more testing on the issue of "Throw the Boom" sometimes not doing anything. Turns out that if you press any movement button in between activating the ability and the effect landing, then the ability just goes on cooldown without triggering any effect.
(Edit, actually activating any other ability before the shield has made contact with the target also causes it to fizzle)

Last edited:

The Blonde

Catalogues Bugs
Did a bit more testing on the issue of "Throw the Boom" sometimes not doing anything. Turns out that if you press any movement button in between activating the ability and the effect landing, then the ability just goes on cooldown without triggering any effect.
(Edit, actually activating any other ability before the shield has made contact with the target also causes it to fizzle)
Bowserkoopa also had this to say about Throw the Boom:
While your looking at throw the boom...In my experience the ability seems to have some issues when used at long range, wherein it seems to 'dry fire' is the best term I can think of. Basically I think it has a longer animation range than it does an effective range. It has been this way for quite awhile where Knight's Challenge seems to work at 'long range' but throw the boom does not hit when used at maximum/near maximum range.

Maetrim of Cannith

DDOBuilder Creator
Fury of the Wild: Acute Senses reads as:

+[2/4/6] Fortitude, Reflex, and Will Saving Throws Vs. Traps.
Rank 3: Your dodge is increased by 1%

However, what does it mean to have +2/4/6 for a save type versus Traps? The wiki itself has completely different text of:

Acute Senses: +2/4/6 Balance, Listen, Spot, Search, and Saves versus Traps. Rank 3: You gain 1% Dodge.

but that is for the pre U66 version of the tree, but I believe the text in green above is what the wiki should be showing.

What does this enhancement actually do? I am trying to model it correctly in DDOBuilder.

AMess

However, what does it mean to have +2/4/6 for a save type versus Traps?
most traps are reflex, but some are fort/will

the way i read this: if you get all three ranks and start with a reflex of 60, then you'll have a reflex save of 60+6 against traps with a reflex save, so reflex is still 60 against spells. it's situational saves.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
The new EA barrier isn't visible to other players so they can't see they're accidentally kiting mobs out of it. I've checked with guildies & used my second account and it's not rendered. (Which might be good thing given that it's annoyingly bright but that's a whole other issue)

PurpleSerpent

Monster Hunter of Moderate Renown
most traps are reflex, but some are fort/will

the way i read this: if you get all three ranks and start with a reflex of 60, then you'll have a reflex save of 60+6 against traps with a reflex save, so reflex is still 60 against spells. it's situational saves.
That's it precisely. This works in a similar fashion to other bonuses that affect saves against Disease, Curses, Illusions and the like. The bonuses fully stack with your other bonuses to those saves, but have no benefit against anything except their specific trigger.

but that is for the pre U66 version of the tree, but I believe the text in green above is what the wiki should be showing.
Also, yes, we do need to work on the U66 changes to tooltips, but that's going to be a long process given how many things have changed this update.

Bracelet

Hey Tonquin, I don't know if it is intented but the Tier 5 Sorcerer Enhancement Abilities like Icy prison and Heat death aren't affected by spellpower nor spell crit chance. Icy prison is additionally bugged in that it does not freeze enemies ever
Icy Prison used to work 10 or more years ago. They changed the DC to wisdom instead of charisma, or something along those lines and broke it permanently.

Ilvati

The Ruin Intensified T5 DI component of Ruin and Greater Ruin don't seem to apply elemental immunity stripping (at least from my cold sorc elemental form). Is this WAI because Ruin/GRuin are not elemental spells even when enhanced by Ruin Intensified or should this be changed?

Reactions: DBZ

Talzor

The new EA barrier isn't visible to other players so they can't see they're accidentally kiting mobs out of it. I've checked with guildies & used my second account and it's not rendered. (Which might be good thing given that it's annoyingly bright but that's a whole other issue)
Yeah, would really appreciate the visuals getting toned down a lot. It's actually makes it really hard to see ground warnings

seph1roth5

Shiradi:
- epic strike feylights does damage now, but can't be empower/maximized (and probably other damaging meta's)
- t2 multiselector that boosts incorporeality has ml23 pre req, the other option, doubleshot, doesn't.

Fatesinger:
- Epic strikes and other multiselectors all have the same icon, very confusing.

AMess

Shadowdancer Epic Destiny - Shadowstrike (Melee): The animation is just like Whirlwind, however it's only a 180 degree cleave.

Not really a bug, but would be great if text indicated 180...what would be most cool is if it could be a 360 attack like Whirlwind. And if it's supposed to be a single target attack or a cleave, then maybe a quicker animation?

Last edited: