How big is DDO?

GolargoSturdyfeet

First DDO is not in video, but LOTRO is timestamp 3:44. How do we in DDO stack up in map size? Can it be calculated? I wonder? :unsure:

Nebless

How would you even calculate it? Wilderness and district area's are pretty straight forward but, Do you count space inside dungeons or not?

Contessor

DDO land can be whatever size you want. It’s a fantasy world that never existed in reality, ever.

One theory is that the entire DDO universe exists in an orb of a necklace worn by a cat (really an Arquillan) named Orien.

Dragnilar

Dragonborn of Bahamut
Heh, I liked how that video included Sacred 2. Shame most of the game is just miles of the same 2-3 monsters wandering around in packs or unfulfilling side quests that just have random item rewards. Still enjoyed it, probably at least 1000 hours of my life were spent on it.
RIP Ascaron.

As for DDO...

The problem is it uses a different approach instead of the "one big contiguous world" idea that this video seems to be using for measurements. So with that in mind, it may be deceptively huge or it could very well be smaller than LOTRO or a lot of other "big" games.

saekee

long live ROGUE
hmmn there is an easy-to-calculate existential experience of distance when running through a wilderness to a quest like Chains of Flame

Kasanje

YouTube Creator
The world, that is Eberron, has already been mapped out. It is just that the game (DDO) only occupies a portion of the overall space. It would be interesting to take the Eberron world map and apply the public and wilderness map squares to each location.

It's fairly compact if you just go off of public map spaces. Some of the areas are connected like Harbor, Marketplace, and the Inspired Quarter. Each of the House maps connects to the Marketplace. This becomes a growing pattern of tiles filling out the map.

I would really like the Devs to add an interactive world map to the game, so we could see where we are in relation to all of the other places in the Eberron campaign setting.

Douglas Glyndwr

Bard Life
These videos are based on the size of the largest map. DDO's biggest is probably Isle of Dread. DDO doesn't qualify for "size" in most of these because it is so instanced. LOTRO you can spend hours riding from Erid Luin to Mordor.

Tesrali (sam-u-r-eye)

Technically?
Sneak into the skyplane and go to the NE corner.
use /loc
Then multiply your x and y coordinate.
That's how big one of the realms is.

We have 3 or 4 realms now?

Matuse

These videos are based on the size of the largest map. DDO's biggest is probably Isle of Dread. DDO doesn't qualify for "size" in most of these because it is so instanced. LOTRO you can spend hours riding from Erid Luin to Mordor.
Barovia is much larger than the Dread wilderness.