How Many Curse Cleanser Cards have you found?

How many curse cleanser cards have you found in total across all your characters?

• None.

• Stop Cheating!

Results are only viewable after voting.

Dunspartacus

One, but I gave it to a guildie, the level of RNG in the system is just too much for me to ever make it worth actively engaging with for me. I have that one piece of caster gear that has a curse of +assassinate DCs to remind me of how great the system is, and thats about it.

Nickodeamous

The exact percentage rate of getting a card in any chest has already been mathed out from the folks who data mined the loot tables and it's very tiny (.01% iirc). All that matters is how many chests one loots (which in turn depends on how much one plays & how one plays). Some folks will have better RNG than others, but the math is defined.
holy moly. So, you are telling me there is a chance!!! I read ya, i read ya. ;)

In all seriousness, we should not be actively farming these. If it take 10k chest pulls to get 1 (on average), just farm the gear again and re-curse it. lol. what this system does is say:

"hey, you want this new shiny don't you? well, how about I give you something you don't want...over, and over, and over again...while you farm chests to pull the same loot to rinse and repeat the curse that you don't want....over and over, and over...."

Its another way they "getcha" , by giving hope..but lets be honest, none of these curses are game breaking...and what happens if you do get a cleanser? you use it to get rid of something, and then re-curse with a 1-1000 chance you get what you actually want. lol

fun times ;)

Dandonk

This is not the title you're looking for
I got two. Sold them both for AS, since the chance of actually getting something useful on my next try seems to be something on the order of a whelk's chance in a supernova.

Elminster

Curse cards would be worth their rarity if you can "load the dice" the next time you apply a curse. Say, it's a guaranteed rare he next application.

saekee

long live ROGUE
Found 1 which IMO they are currently worthless unless you don’t like a particular curse. Way too likely that I would remove a crappy curse and just get an equally crappy one again.

The system should be changed so you generate the random curse and then apply to item IMO.
better to sell them. The folks buying them probably got feather fall or fireflies or something that they are wanting to get rid of. People are not buying them to go for another shot at a specific curse.

• Haha
Reactions: DBZ

nenetteblackmoor

0!
nada!

I've cast curses a total of 250 times, but still haven't landed the 'boost STR+6' curse.
Last weekend, I tried casting curses 43 times, but the RNG didn't cooperate with the job I desired.

Dandonk

This is not the title you're looking for
I don´t even know where they drop :D
But so far I´ve ignored the whole card system anyway.
I have no clue where the first one dropped for me, but the second dropped in durk's. I think it's a random, though very very small, chance in every chest.

kmoustakas

Scourge of Xaos
Not a single one.

I don't need one either, I've only cursed a couple of blank goggles. I was hoping to get one when their prices where exorbitant in the hopes of trading for a very rare blank.

Deathbringer

Grim Lord of the Dead + Since 2009 +
IMO they shouldn't sell them in the DDO store but they should sell them in game for platinum. Or make them reasonably attainable in game - maybe as a guaranteed saga reward or for turning in collectibles or ingredients. Don't like the idea of crafting being paywalled to the degree it would be if it was DDO Store only. Also have concerns if it was paid because of how entirely RNG it is.
Yeah, it's already hard or time consuming to get the Deck...

dur

aka Cybersquirt
Got one from a gold festivult coin turn-in. Stupidly sold it for way too little at ASE.

* :blink: they drop in Harbor quests? or.. older quests? or.. IDC, I'm all in on v.v.v. rare chances. :D

SpartanKiller13

better to sell them. The folks buying them probably got feather fall or fireflies or something that they are wanting to get rid of. People are not buying them to go for another shot at a specific curse.
For the prices they're going for? Either it's cash cows, people with more shards than they know what to do with, or people who got a lot of shards either by duping or selling to dupers

Like I sold one for 1500 shards, in a few hours. That's not quite "removing ffall from an item" level, at least in my income bracket.

saekee

long live ROGUE
For the prices they're going for? Either it's cash cows, people with more shards than they know what to do with, or people who got a lot of shards either by duping or selling to dupers

Like I sold one for 1500 shards, in a few hours. That's not quite "removing ffall from an item" level, at least in my income bracket.
Wow! Well I think I have 500 shards and it was mostly from selling rare filigrees for cheap. Yep am That Guy on Cannith undervaluing stuff.